You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TaftMan_69

Turkey Rewards got 2 where my other one

47 comments in this topic

[SFBBW]
[SFBBW]
Members
44 posts
8,757 battles

only got 2 of my 3 kill from the turkey event , are you guys going to screw me again and not give me what i won 

Edited by TaftMan_69
misspelled word
  • Boring 2

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Please feel free to drop me a PM if you have concerns, but I reviewed our data and I only show two kills for your account during the designated event time. 

[FYL]
Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

At least on my end, I got one turkey and got the proper reward.

It was harder than hunting a real turkey and I can't even eat 100 doubloons. Still worth it.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,615 posts
16,725 battles

@Radar_X were we turkeys supposed to get any award for the time away from our regular account game play time. Gave up quite a few daily missions and such awards.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
11,040 posts
40 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Radar_X were we turkeys supposed to get any award for the time away from our regular account game play time. Gave up quite a few daily missions and such awards.

Birds of a Feather, Flock together - Turkey Participants Prizes:

While being a Turkey alone is a great honor, we've added some prizes to help motivate our Turkeys:

Base Prize: Play Minimum 10 Games and receive: 3 days premium and Turkey Shoot Event Flag.

Major Participant Prize: Based off an overall average of games played by Turkey Participants - Work together for everyone to earn more:

• 45 Average Battles Of Turkeys: 500 Doubloons
  • 60 Average Battles Of Turkeys: 50 x Thanksgiving Camos, 1 Mystery Container and Previous Tier Rewards
  • 70 Average Battles Of Turkeys: 25,000 Coal, 1 Mystery Container and Previous Tiers Rewards
  • 80 Average Battles Of Turkeys: 100 x Meritorious Camos, 1 Mystery Container, and Previous Tier Rewards

Average Battles Of Turkeys =      Total of Turkey Battles (Excluding those who did not play a minimum of 10)   

Total Number of Turkeys (Excluding those who did not play a minimum of 10)

• Cool 1

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

When you guys were planning this event and it's rewards, did you not think about what would happen by rewarding Turkeys for more games played? In every battle where I encountered a turkey (all on my team), they simply ran straight at the red team and were dead in the first two minutes. In all but one case, we lost the game.

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,244 posts
7,509 battles

How can you tell if you received the rewards?

[SOFOP]
Members
1,179 posts
8,435 battles
30 minutes ago, scotty_geturown said:

Do the turkeys not get the reward for sinking turkeys while playing their main account? I sunk 2 and received nothing.

Pretty sure that was probably not intended to happen.

1 hour ago, Jiggiwatt said:

When you guys were planning this event and it's rewards, did you not think about what would happen by rewarding Turkeys for more games played? In every battle where I encountered a turkey (all on my team), they simply ran straight at the red team and were dead in the first two minutes. In all but one case, we lost the game.

I agree.  I lost every game in which a turkey was present on my team (don't recall what happened when they were on the enemy, but I think we lost those too lol...so maybe invalidates point).  The game with 2 turkeys on my team was especially fun :(  I understand you need a reward for them going away from their main accounts and to encourage playing, but perhaps a goal that is more in line with the goals of the game would be better.  Not entirely sure how that would work or what those goals would be, but watching turkeys announce themselves and then sail straight at the first enemy was disheartening after the 10th time (I only say 13 turkeys, and only 3 were enemies).

I know turkeys will come here and say they had a 60% win rate, and only died 20% of the time, etc etc.  I can only comment on what I saw.

Members
247 posts
7,314 battles

Turkey here, I played 82 games, got a Kraken in one of them, was the only player left alive on my team once when we lost. I never threw my games. It was important for players to work for their dinner.

• Cool 5

[WAG]
Members
1,725 posts
9,874 battles

I highly recommend you start a ticket and send in the replay... I am sure that any Turkey doing this was not following the spirit of the event... but they gotta see the replay.

I did not see this behavior and I was busy throughout the event...

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,276 posts
12,299 battles

got 2 kracken during the event as a turkey, i made sure we won the game or will win the game even with me sunk and then begged my team to stop shooting at the last guy or last 2 guys.

Or try to carry as much as i can

Or make it hard for the enemy team for the prize

Or at least made 1 or 2 kills before sunk.

And made sure everyone including the enemy is having fun example - i was joking that i will go to this particular area, which i was heading there and the next thing i knew on the map, 8 red ships were there waiting to ambush me. i sunk a dd, damaged by torps to cruisers/couples of shots to the bb. It was fun for both side

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles
42 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

I highly recommend you start a ticket and send in the replay... I am sure that any Turkey doing this was not following the spirit of the event... but they gotta see the replay.

I did not see this behavior and I was busy throughout the event...

22 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

got 2 kracken during the event as a turkey, i made sure we won the game or will win the game even with me sunk and then begged my team to stop shooting at the last guy or last 2 guys.

Or try to carry as much as i can

Or make it hard for the enemy team for the prize

Or at least made 1 or 2 kills before sunk.

And made sure everyone including the enemy is having fun example - i was joking that i will go to this particular area, which i was heading there and the next thing i knew on the map, 8 red ships were there waiting to ambush me. i sunk a dd, damaged by torps to cruisers/couples of shots to the bb. It was fun for both side

I certainly appreciate both of you playing to the spirit of the event, my experience (albeit a small sample size) was quite different. I don't have replays enabled unfortunately, unless they're enabled by default now. In 2 of the games, I wasn't in range of the turkeys so I didn't see how they went down, except that they went down very fast and inside the cap circles in ships that had no business being in the caps that early. In the one game where I followed the turkey (my first), they were in a Graf Spee and sailed straight into a cap, turned broadside and then sailed that way for the 30 seconds it took for them to be obliterated.

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,276 posts
12,299 battles
1 minute ago, Jiggiwatt said:

I certainly appreciate both of you playing to the spirit of the event, my experience (albeit a small sample size) was quite different. I don't have replays enabled unfortunately, unless they're enabled by default now. In 2 of the games, I wasn't in range of the turkeys so I didn't see how they went down, except that they went down very fast and inside the cap circles in ships that had no business being in the caps that early. In the one game where I followed the turkey (my first), they were in a Graf Spee and sailed straight into a cap, turned broadside and then sailed that way for the 30 seconds it took for them to be obliterated.

this turkey event, luckily WoWs did have replays activate. Can you check?

[SRBL]
Members
257 posts

Someone compiled all the stats on the Turkey Event from what I recall on Discord and I'm pretty sure the win rate I saw posted was fairly decent.

ETA: Just checked my Turkey rewards and there was only in container, I could have sworn we hit the 70 game average.  

Edited by Tom_Greg

[ADPT2]
Members
99 posts
12,415 battles

I played as a turkey and I didn't receive my Event flag. And we did not hit 70 average battles?

[-BRS-]
Members
425 posts
13,795 battles

got 500 doubloons, 50 camos and 1 mystery (black Friday premium) container, nothing more

Members
13 posts
3,272 battles
1 minute ago, Gary_P said:

got 500 doubloons, 50 camos and 1 mystery (black Friday premium) container, nothing more

yeah same here 

But got the Mass B from the container i opened Thanks Guys 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,615 posts
16,725 battles

@GambitHG Turkey 266 here. I never made it easy for the opponents to get me but in most of my battles it seemed my team did every stupid move possible to allow the opponents to get me. There were several battles with multiple turkeys per team where all the turkeys were bagged. When I played a few battles on my regular account I don't recall seeing any turkeys at all. 

[WORX]
Members
4,573 posts
15,437 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

but watching turkeys announce themselves and then sail straight at the first enemy was disheartening after the 10th time (I only say 13 turkeys, and only 3 were enemies).

I know turkeys will come here and say they had a 60% win rate, and only died 20% of the time, etc etc.  I can only comment on what I saw.

I will always remind the community of what turkeys (player volunteers) are supposed to be doing. Turkeys

"are there to have FUN with you (the community), Turkeys are not in battle to win the game FOR you."

Now you can bring up the conflict of intentions with @Radar_X @Femennenly, Respectively in where turkeys were suppose to die and not "Seal Club" the community. That was the position of WOWS turkey event organization staff.

I even brought it up to them numerous times, but we had to work with restrictions. (they will remember me for being the must vocal about the subject because I knew it was going to repeat itself like in the corgi event).

Hopefully lessons are learned and by the next event restrictions on the participants will be eased. IF not I am sorry but its going to happen again so make your voice heard, you want to be seal clubbed and carried by event player volunteers.

GL/HF

Event Turkey 142

I had fun :)

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,288 posts
13,984 battles

The write up regarding Prizes for both Captains and Prizes has now gone up and can be found: 

If you have any further issues please don't hesitate to PM me.

Fem,

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,615 posts
16,725 battles

@Femennenly Thanks I enjoyed the event immensely and the 3 days premium time, 500 doubloons and 50 Cornucopia Camos is a decent reward.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,179 posts
8,435 battles

I know what the event was supposed to be and I'm grateful for events like this, but the positive impact for one enemy player was negated by the 11 allies who were playing short handed because the Turkey was being rewarded for dying as fast as possible.

I did not expect turkeys to carry me, or seal club, or win me games.  But I dont think it would be too much to ask that they be rewarded in some other way than basically dying as soon as possible, allowing them to at least put forth an effort.

For the record, I applied to be a Turkey and I dont blame the turkeys for doing it in any way.  Just think in hindsight, they could have been rewarded differently so as to not impact normal gameplay as much.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
Alpha Tester
143 posts
3,323 battles

So bummed...was hoping we hit the coal level. Oh well.  Was fun to have access to every ship, however, I dont think Ill participate again.