Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Theguardian9

How to obtain rental ships.

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2
[FLTF1]
Members
7 posts
942 battles

So I'm wondering how I obtained the Massachusetts as a rental.  Obviously upon doing so and playing at least one game allowed me to receive the clan war rentals.  I want to know what to do keep getting a tier eight rental so I can keep participating in clan wars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,778
[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,766 battles

Then you have to get a tier 8 to get the next batch of rental ships in a couple weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
9 minutes ago, Theguardian9 said:

But you only get clan war rentals from using a tier eight in one battle, and I don't have a tier eight.

Then either buy a T8 prem or if you have the FXP then use that to get a T8 if you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
521
[A-I-M]
Members
1,236 posts
6,596 battles
1 hour ago, jager_geist said:

Then either buy a T8 prem or if you have the FXP then use that to get a T8 if you can.

Is it out of place to suggest the OP play & grind to a T8???

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[WAG]
Members
424 posts
7,860 battles
2 hours ago, Theguardian9 said:

So I'm wondering how I obtained the Massachusetts as a rental.  Obviously upon doing so and playing at least one game allowed me to receive the clan war rentals.  I want to know what to do keep getting a tier eight rental so I can keep participating in clan wars.

I think people of confusing Clan Battle "rental" Tier 10 ships with "rental" premium ships Wargaming drops into accounts from time to time to entice people to buy them. It is probably based on pattern/frequency of login and purchase history. I believe Wargaming will drop rentals into accounts to entice people back after an absence. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,992
[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts

WG has been renting out a couple premiums over the last month, there is nothing you can do to keep getting them, other than open your wallet.:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
39 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

I think people of confusing Clan Battle "rental" Tier 10 ships with "rental" premium ships Wargaming drops into accounts from time to time to entice people to buy them. It is probably based on pattern/frequency of login and purchase history. I believe Wargaming will drop rentals into accounts to entice people back after an absence. 

I didn't even know that they dropped any rentals in accounts other than Clan Wars. I never got one or heard of anyone getting any. Learned something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Is it out of place to suggest the OP play & grind to a T8???

No, if he needs and/or wants a T8 then that is what his options are. You think he needs to stay at whatever teir he is at and never move?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,992
[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
2 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

I didn't even know that they dropped any rentals in accounts other than Clan Wars. I never got one or heard of anyone getting any. Learned something new.

Blys, Indy and Mass were rented out for a week or two to anyone who hadn't been playing.

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Blys, Indy and Mass were rented out for a week or two to anyone who hadn't been playing.

I have heard of stuff being given to those that had been away for however long, just didn't know they loaned out rentals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,992
[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
Just now, jager_geist said:

I have heard of stuff being given to those that had been away for however long, just didn't know they loaned out rentals.

Something new, just started a month or two ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[R-F]
Members
838 posts
6,688 battles

I didn't know WG gave out rentals.  Explains the Mass I saw a while back with something like 50 games played.  Or maybe he really did buy one.  In any case, no insult intended to anybody, but jumping straight up to tier 8 is probably going to make for a pretty bad time as your skills are going to be less developed than almost everyone else's.

And now a player who doesn't have a tech tree ship above tier 6 can receive a tier 8 rental which then unlocks the tier 10 clan battle rentals, so they can play against people with thousands of games in high tier ships.  That's gonna be rough.  I think I'd be turned off from the game if I had to fight people that experienced without having the chance to gradually get there myself first.  I've had that happen with some other multiplayer games I've tried to start up after they've been out for a while.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[WAG]
Members
424 posts
7,860 battles
10 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I didn't know WG gave out rentals.  Explains the Mass I saw a while back with something like 50 games played.  Or maybe he really did buy one.  In any case, no insult intended to anybody, but jumping straight up to tier 8 is probably going to make for a pretty bad time as your skills are going to be less developed than almost everyone else's.

And now a player who doesn't have a tech tree ship above tier 6 can receive a tier 8 rental which then unlocks the tier 10 clan battle rentals, so they can play against people with thousands of games in high tier ships.  That's gonna be rough.  I think I'd be turned off from the game if I had to fight people that experienced without having the chance to gradually get there myself first.  I've had that happen with some other multiplayer games I've tried to start up after they've been out for a while.

 

While the scenario is true, it's not like Random; the only way a person with minimal T8 experience can get into a Clan Battle is with the support of the other six members of the clan that div up and drop into a Clan Battle. Also, you can buy a T8 Premium before playing your first game, so this was always a possibility.

Also, I believe you have to be Level 15 on your account to be able to join a Clan. Right now level advancement is by XP, and you can power up with premium time and economic bonuses. Wargaming has announced they will switch advancement to games played. It will be interesting to see how many games they require to allow people to play Clan Battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
521
[A-I-M]
Members
1,236 posts
6,596 battles
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

No, if he needs and/or wants a T8 then that is what his options are. You think he needs to stay at whatever teir he is at and never move?

So, by your saying "No", I presume you mean my suggestion was not out of place. Your copious flow of nonsense that followed "no", would indicate otherwise.

Seeing as he played a T8 rental, he has some two weeks' worth of clan battles available for him RIGHT NOW. He could also put those two weeks to work grind toward his own T8 and thereby be ready when the rental switchover period occurs, or shortly thereafter.

You might also consider the wisdom of a player having no experience above T6, except a few Scharnhorst battles, hopping into Clan battles. Playing and grinding to his own T8 would bridge some of the experience gap the OP would need to overcome, in order to improve his chances of success in clan battles.

 

11 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

You think he needs to stay at whatever teir he is at and never move?

1. I said "play & grind". That is not staying in place and never move. I expressed what I think. Don't you try to express my thoughts; you whiffed on your first try. I'm satisfied that my thinking is superior, and that yours is, well...

2. If your convinced otherwise, recruit the OP to your clan, gift him a T8 premium, and then report back on you clan battles success. Put your money and magnanimity where your mouth is.

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

So, by your saying "No", I presume you mean my suggestion was not out of place. Your copious flow of nonsense that followed "no", would indicate otherwise.

Seeing as he played a T8 rental, he has some two weeks' worth of clan battles available for him RIGHT NOW. He could also put those two weeks to work grind toward his own T8 and thereby be ready when the rental switchover period occurs, or shortly thereafter.

You might also consider the wisdom of a player having no experience above T6, except a few Scharnhorst battles, hopping into Clan battles. Playing and grinding to his own T8 would bridge some of the experience gap the OP would need to overcome, in order to improve his chances of success in clan battles.

 

1. I said "play & grind". That is not staying in place and never move. I expressed what I think. Don't you try to express my thoughts; you whiffed on your first try. I'm satisfied that my thinking is superior, and that yours is, well...

2. If your convinced otherwise, recruit the OP to your clan, gift him a T8 premium, and then report back on you clan battles success. Put your money and magnanimity where your mouth is.

 

Went back and re-read your post. I miss understood it the first time I read it.

Your last post though makes you look like an [edited].... and not superior. Just an [edited].....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
521
[A-I-M]
Members
1,236 posts
6,596 battles
4 hours ago, jager_geist said:

Went back and re-read your post. I miss understood it the first time I read it.

Your last post though makes you look like an [edited].... and not superior. Just an [edited].....

So, being the first to be an edited to due comprehension failure is legit; being the second to be an edited in response to the first edited is not.

edited-ing got it.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
14 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

So, being the first to be an edited to due comprehension failure is legit; being the second to be an edited in response to the first edited is not.

edited-ing got it.

You really have no idea of what you are talking about, do you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×