You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Narai isn't really broken, but ...

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
9,373 posts
4,243 battles

Since WG replaced the Ranger and nutted the Lexington, the randomness has gone out of Operation Narai.  It's always West red spawn now, and always the same ships from the same places, at least up to the entrance of Missouri (Little Trouble).  One of the charms of the Op was that you never knew what red ships would show up where; that's all gone.

WG,  please put that part back.

@Pigeon_of_War

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
10,254 posts
28,727 battles

Seconded. Narai used to be may favorite op, lots of unpredictability and some possibility of failure. 

Now it is by-the-numbers. 

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,699 posts
10,034 battles

Yeah, removing cvs from operations have removed the adventure elements from them big time.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

I 100% support this, operations should be challenging to keep people from losing interest.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,373 posts
4,243 battles
5 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Yeah, removing cvs from operations have removed the adventure elements from them big time.

The removal of the CVs does make the Op easier, and I'd like to see some sort of sky cancer come back, but that's not what this gripe is about. 

The random spawns are gone, too, and that was unnecessary.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,299 posts
18,624 battles

Do remember how much of a problem the previous Narai was with a randomly pulled together team.  I've played with some of you guys in the Hoperations Discord and we make this look easy.  But remember how it was doing Narai with complete strangers.

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,898 battles
8 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Hermes still has the CV

[WOLF9]
Members
9,373 posts
4,243 battles
32 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Do remember how much of a problem the previous Narai was with a randomly pulled together team.  I've played with some of you guys in the Hoperations Discord and we make this look easy.  But remember how it was doing Narai with complete strangers.

Fortunately, I don't recall trying Narai with all random pubbies, but I shudder to think about it since since I've tried it with a partial team when it was Weekly Op.  All three pubbie cruisers jostling to get at the transports?  Joy.

Still, I prefer to believe that the randomness nerf wasn't intentionally caving to incompetence.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,299 posts
18,624 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Fortunately, I don't recall trying Narai with all random pubbies, but I shudder to think about it since since I've tried it with a partial team when it was Weekly Op.  All three pubbie cruisers jostling to get at the transports?  Joy.

Still, I prefer to believe that the randomness nerf wasn't intentionally caving to incompetence.

Previous Narai with a PUG / pick up group is a frustrating experience.  It will make you want to pull your hair out.  We make it look easy with a Premade 7-ship Division of course, but do it solo-queue, it's bad.

The best is when you got 3 ships trying to kill the transports and arguing with each other.  The absolute greatest thing evar is when one of those 3 ships is a precious Battleship.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,373 posts
4,243 battles
33 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The absolute greatest thing evar is when one of those 3 ships is a precious Battleship.

One better ... Nicholas kills it.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,699 posts
10,034 battles
16 hours ago, Junostorm said:

Hermes still has the CV

But the others don't particularly narai

[RKLES]
Members
9,015 posts
10,828 battles
On 11/29/2018 at 3:34 AM, iDuckman said:

Since WG replaced the Ranger and nutted the Lexington, the randomness has gone out of Operation Narai.  It's always West red spawn now, and always the same ships from the same places, at least up to the entrance of Missouri (Little Trouble).  One of the charms of the Op was that you never knew what red ships would show up where; that's all gone.

WG,  please put that part back.

@Pigeon_of_War

Always been broken for many of us because of a crash bug embedded in that OO when the team reaches the entrances to the port. Yes some can play it, but others never get past that specific point. 

[WOLF9]
Members
9,373 posts
4,243 battles

Interesting.  I've played it way too many times, but never seen that bug.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,299 posts
18,624 battles
4 hours ago, Crokodone said:

But the others don't particularly narai

The Lexington is still there but it no longer launches planes.  It's a zero threat objective.