You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Stealth_Condom

YY nerf but 6 stalingrad fine, crap sandwhich

19 comments in this topic

[-WTP-]
Members
27 posts
10,573 battles

So WG nerfs the crap out of the YY because it is 'competitively OP'

Yet WG lets the best players in the best clans bring 6 Stalingrads and a BB to a CW match????  

900k+ HP with heals on a team ( 6 Stalingrads and BB) vs 500k of a fairly typical CW team. Not counting the fact a team of 6 Stalingrads and a BB is a team of 7 cruiser killers

Does anyone at WG seriously ever consider competitive balance in any sort of objective and realistic manner?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
59 posts
11,246 battles

Ever notice how top clans run into the same [edited] X-Stalingrad comp and get beaten too but they don't come complaining on forums?

Maybe because it's actually counter-able with calculated play and skills?

Then again what do I know I'm just a random passerby xd

• Cool 2

Members
38 posts
15,778 battles

You see...the problem here is that your clan just simply hasn't done two simple steps.

Step one is to visit HowToBeABetterGamer.com

The second step is to download skill.exe 

:3

• Funny 2

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
59 posts
11,246 battles
2 minutes ago, TheProfesionalNoob said:

You see...the problem here is that your clan just simply hasn't done two simple steps.

skill.exe sounds like a virus

I'm reporting this post for malicious content

[BUNNY]
Beta Testers
48 posts
5,142 battles
1 minute ago, TheProfesionalNoob said:

What next? do I have to downloadmoreram.com and eventually force myself to downloadmorebandwidth.com because my internet is too inferior to keep my client updating the movement of these mystical ship? 

[-WTP-]
Members
27 posts
10,573 battles
16 minutes ago, TheProfesionalNoob said:

so you concede my point

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,397 posts
14,922 battles

Isn't the side of Stalingrade worse than Moskva?

Doesn't He take more HE damage?

Are they not bow tanking island huggers without hydro or spotter plane?

I assume 2 Gearings on their flank at 13 km could torp the crap out of them....

There must be tactics to counter this....

If only their was an IFHE flame throwing island hugging CL....

[-WTP-]
Members
27 posts
10,573 battles

21 minutes ago, Evrien said:

Ever notice how top clans run into the same [edited] X-Stalingrad comp and get beaten too but they don't come complaining on forums?

Maybe because it's actually counter-able with calculated play and skills?

Then again what do I know I'm just a random passerby xd

With your stellar logic there should never be competitive adjustments in game.

A tier IV Pan Asian can counter a Tier X BB with calculated play and skill, and makes about as much sense as what you are saying

Members
1 post
30 battles

Also do note such setups are used only in the lower bracket, and in hurricane it's gonna be rather absent with the exception of two clans as far as we suspect the meta to develop [on EU].

Gee, imagine if this ship was good at punishing mistakes like originally intended, not just problematic to deal with without the proper approach...
While i agree that the average build team is not gonna be well suited to deal with 6 stalins, it's also the reason why it's used: against people who don't know how to counter it and severely unprepared to deal with it. 

All the proper violet setups i've seen are rather balanced with 1-2 stalins 1-2 HIVs.
And i will NOT be surprised at all to see no bb setups every now and then.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
1 hour ago, Stealth_Condom said:

So WG nerfs the crap out of the YY because it is 'competitively OP'

Yet WG lets the best players in the best clans bring 6 Stalingrads and a BB to a CW match????  

900k+ HP with heals on a team ( 6 Stalingrads and BB) vs 500k of a fairly typical CW team. Not counting the fact a team of 6 Stalingrads and a BB is a team of 7 cruiser killers

Does anyone at WG seriously ever consider competitive balance in any sort of objective and realistic manner?

Just an observation, but if 6 of the 7 have Stalingrads already, isn't there a really good chance that no matter what boats they were in that they would role a typical CW team? 

Just a thought that they might be good!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles

I am still laughing my buttocks off that competitive players participating in competitive CW to get steel reward ships, are complaining about having to fight the steel reward ships.... Yeah nothing absurd about that at all..

[PSV]
Beta Testers
4 posts
9,963 battles

What if instead of drafting a team BEFORE the match, you draft the team AFTER you are matched with your opponent? Then you can see what your opponent's team comp. UwU Then laughs as they scramble to assemble the perfect counter team under 10 seconds. Then when you see your opponent running all Stalingrads, you can all run 7 Shimakaze to counter them.

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles

The proper way to use Stalingrad is to use them as the 2nd or 3rd BB on your team. Not exactly run 6~7 of them.

When you have 2 or 3 BBs on your team, you can easily setup crossfire situations, where ships cannot tank the damage, as they need to either expose broadside to one of the BBs, or run and hide in a different location. Both of these things puts those ships out of the fight, which allows the opposing team to gain more ground. It's just a losing situation that cannot be rectified, short of flat out deleting one of the BBs, so that the crossfire cannot be completed.

The reason why Moskva cannot do this, is because it can't citadel BBs through the belt at 20km.

• Stalingrad does 401mm of penetration at 20km
  • Montana does 441mm of penetration at 20km
  • Moskva does 250mm of penetration at 20km

To top it off, Stalingrad does 35 knots, which means it's excellent at getting into the all important flanks to create crossfires.

GGWP WarGaming.
Add T10 Cruisers that are 90% of a T10 Battleship to the game.
Won't break game balance at all, sure.

BTW, the proper way to fix this, would be to add a tech tree Stalingrad to the game, instead of it only being locked behind a paywall.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1