You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Bismarck Brawling Burn

10 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,806 posts
15,358 battles

It gets hot in the cap sometimes.

Burns.thumb.jpg.b4c2812f9a7b7e9ac3aedccea2544b3f.jpg

Taking a breather before heading back into battle.  Much work still to be done in this battle.  

Burns2.thumb.jpg.99139d76008b0ddd80a7dbdc3e2661eb.jpg

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,049 posts

I've been zooming around looking at burning ships after being sunk. If the map is in twilight the glow of the fire reflecting off the water is quite impressive.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,479 posts
15,371 battles

Do you have fireproof?

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,806 posts
15,358 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Do you have fireproof?

I run Fire Prevention skill with my Biz captain...I also run the flag and Premium expendables.  The "team" had just rolled the cap in a very fierce knife fight brawl.  Textbook cap drive...I was able to bully my way into the cap while my teammates of cruisers and DDs did their close support job around me.  Reds gave it a good fight, to include their own BB and collection of  CAs and DDs in close support.  So it was a close range mixer all around.  I received a lot of focus HE fire and two torps.  The fire burned me a good bit as I had to use me DCP on a flood.  My rest period was for DT, as I had two DTs remaining and lots of repairable fire damage...and was sitting at about 20% HP.  Waited for the first DT, then back into the fight. 

Edit:  The animation on the ship will show both superstructure zones burning even if you have Fire Prevention, but the burn rate is for one fire.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,479 posts
15,371 battles
12 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I run Fire Prevention skill with my Biz captain...I also run the flag and Premium expendables.  The "team" had just rolled the cap in a very fierce knife fight brawl.  Textbook cap drive...I was able to bully my way into the cap while my teammates of cruisers and DDs did their close support job around me.  Reds gave it a good fight, to include their own BB and collection of  CAs and DDs in close support.  So it was a close range mixer all around.  I received a lot of focus HE fire and two torps.  The fire burned me a good bit as I had to use me DCP on a flood.  My rest period was for DT, as I had two DTs remaining and lots of repairable fire damage...and was sitting at about 20% HP.  Waited for the first DT, then back into the fight. 

Edit:  The animation on the ship will show both superstructure zones burning even if you have Fire Prevention, but the burn rate is for one fire.

What captain skils/modules are you running?

I believe I run secondary survival and both dam con modules. 

Fire prev and bft/aft. 

As always interested in other player builds.

[WAG]
Members
1,725 posts
9,808 battles
16 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

It gets hot in the cap sometimes.

Aye.. the Bismarck was my first *must have* ship.. I ground the crap out of the German BB line and then the captain to get those yummy yummy secondaries... when she was new in '16, aye she was the bell of the ball...

This is a come-back Never Surrender battle  video where myself and an Alabama just kick derrierre..

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,806 posts
15,358 battles
Just now, NashW8 said:

That's what my Bismarck usually looks like.

It's been a bad week.

It was a nail biter of a game.  Often when I get in a cap like that early, I get deleted pretty fast.  But I had a really good supporting cast around me.  Good CA play.  Good DD play.  They all hung in there....providing supporting fire....dividing red fire....keeping them in disadvantaged positions...preventing a red concentrated push....just all around excellent supporting play.  Together....we won that cap...and eventually the game.  I noted some VERY GOOD play by some of those players...not just in the cap, but throughout the game.  And kudos to the reds...they put up a good scrap themselves.  Close game most of the way....with us gaining a slight lead toward the end, which snowballed decisively at the end.  But really could have gone either way about 3/4 of the way through.  

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,556 battles

wish i knew how to cap video play back of me battle with a Bismark and me Tirpits doing the circle of fire dance...:Smile_veryhappy::cap_rambo: so beautifully epic... ^_^

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,806 posts
15,358 battles
On 11/29/2018 at 2:12 PM, dEsTurbed1 said:

What captain skils/modules are you running?

I believe I run secondary survival and both dam con modules. 

Fire prev and bft/aft. 

As always interested in other player builds.

PT PM AR BFT AFT FP MFCSA

MAM1 DSCM1 SBM2 SGM2 TASM1

I prefer SGM2 over the DC module and TASM1 over concealment.  The former, because dodging torps pays off more than the 15% less flooding or 15% less fire..  The  latter because when you brawl, concealment is moot while that extra detection (for both ships in smoke and torps) is critical (when hydro is on cool down).  

• Cool 1