You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheChattaHooligan

Stalingrad should not be made available for Clan Battles

42 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
3,834 battles

This is exactly why, there is literally no possible way to defeat a lineup like this other than by having the exact same yourself. Why is this even an option? I thought that the Stalingrad was banned from comp play.

wtf.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
Members
3,295 posts
9,731 battles

Umm.... Stalingrad has not been banned from any comp play. In fact, NA beat EU in KOTS final without running a single Stalingrad against a very heavy Stalingrad lineup.

• Cool 1

Members
9 posts
3,834 battles
Just now, Kingpin61 said:

*sad trombone noises*

Don't get me wrong, I was laughing my rear off at my clanmate's reactions, but as a player who wants to actually progress in clan battles, there is no reason for this to be a thing

[BIAS]
[BIAS]
Members
113 posts
15,863 battles
Just now, TheChattaHooligan said:

Don't get me wrong, I was laughing my rear off at my clanmate's reactions, but as a player who wants to actually progress in clan battles, there is no reason for this to be a thing

We're meming. it's night one, and frankly you probably wouldn't have beat us anyway.

• Cool 1

[RUSHB]
Members
38 posts
5,542 battles

Nobody will be running this seriously later on. Its the first day of CB, everyone is memeing.

Members
9 posts
3,834 battles
Just now, SOLxCAT32 said:

You almost succeeded at blocking out the clan name.

I was more going for blocking player names than clan name. I don't blame them for running it, but it has little to no counter play

[OO7]
Members
3,295 posts
9,731 battles

I was more going for blocking player names than clan name. I don't blame them for running it, but it has little to no counter play

Good thing you didn't run into one of the clans running 7 Stalingrads tonight.

[BIAS]
[BIAS]
Members
113 posts
15,863 battles
Just now, EveryonesDeadExceptKirby said:

I think he wanted to shame the clan and not the players???

aren't you ashamed to be in such a disgusting, sad clan? I mean who would do this sort of thing?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles

Actually Clan Wars and Ranked is the only place this OP POS should be allowed to play. Since you can only get enough steel in those modes to get it, the ship needs to stay there and out of the general player population who do not play the competitive modes... 

I find it hilarious that competitive players are complaining about the very ship they are competing to own.... Well maybe not all of the players, but many want the ship.  

BTW there are already a couple of related threads on Reddit complaining about the Stalingrad in CW... 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Bad 3

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,250 posts

I would have thought your DMs and Hindys would have torn the Stalingrads a new one. It's a strong ship, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't do well at all against angled ships and HE spammers. It seems more like it was the enemy clan that outplayed you guys, and not the ship.  

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[SYN]
Members
1,378 posts
15,340 battles

Thing is, they would only have the ships if they are experienced and good at competitive play, so, it wasn't the ships but the players that rolled ya.

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
[BIAS]
Members
113 posts
15,863 battles
Just now, RivertheRoyal said:

I would have thought your DMs and Hindys would have torn the Stalingrads a new one. It's a strong ship, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't do well at all against angled ships and HE spammers. It seems more like it was the enemy clan that outplayed you guys, and not the ship.  

I mean, they have us plenty of broadside and sat and got into crossfires. We probably would have won with 7 shimas.

• Funny 1

[RUSHB]
Members
8 posts
6,299 battles

Lets see...

1) Nice job blotting out the clan

2) Stalingrad is not banned in competitive. If you'd have watch the previous kots, youd have seen plenty of stalingrads in team.

3 (and the most constructive)) There are plenty of ways to counter stalingrad. If you recall from last season, a big counter to moskva strats was to use hindenburg. In addition, henri with ifhe can do considerable damage to stalingrad. As for bbs, just shoot the massive 25mm bow and you can get consistant pens. In addition, look at other weakness stalingrad has. Its massive, has low dpm, and turns like a brick. Stalingrads are very vulnerable to either flanking or just getting focused and out dpm'd.

Hopefully this helps so that other people who want to cry in the future about stalingrad being op can see a way to counter such a meme strat.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,250 posts
Just now, Kingpin61 said:

I mean, they have us plenty of broadside and sat and got into crossfires. We probably would have won with 7 shimas.

Yeah...in that case, it's almost no different from running 7 Moskvas or something. 

[RUSHB]
Beta Testers
19 posts
15,927 battles

They will look for any excuse as to why they didn't do well.   Aside from reflecting on their own play and choices.

• Cool 1

[ADOPT]
[ADOPT]
Members
2 posts
3,730 battles

I mean for your specific set up you could have had your gearing smoke up the 2 hindys and just farm one of the stalins

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,449 posts
6,782 battles
21 minutes ago, TheChattaHooligan said:

there is literally no possible way to defeat a lineup like this

Yes there is. But your team probably tried to use the conventional tactic, which did not work anymore.

All of these non-conventional comps demand that you adapt your strategy, and find ways to invalidate your opponents strengths while capitalizing on their weaknesses. This six Stalingrad comp is probably as effective as a seven Des Moines comp, relying on the opponent to be disorganized and effective. This is where your shotcaller should have the ability to think ahead and take the proper steps.

For example this team you faced had a severe lack of vision control, your Destroyers could theoretically keep them spotted without opposition, due to Stalingrad's atrocious concealment (and no, the radar matters little when your DDs know what the're doing, we are talking more than 2km gap between Radar and Concealment range), while your Cruisers sit behind islands and smokes and just farm like tractors.

• Cool 2