You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jester_of_War

There's a lot going on right now

8 comments in this topic

[_RNG_]
Members
708 posts
5,572 battles

The long slog to get the Cossack kind of wore me out. I thought I would relax a bit now that I have her in port. But look at all the stuff going on:

• Show the Flag Combat Missions with RN ships to win 3 British Containers

• Thankful and Grateful Combat Missions to win a bunch of Black Friday containers

• Citadel Slam - a Personal Combat Mission to win 10 ESCL flags

• Rasputin Quest - win 50 Twighlight battles to get Rasputin (temporarily)

• The other Twighlight Quests to unlock the other ships after 5 and 15 Victories in Twighlight

• “Royal Navy Destroyers” Collection for valuable perma camos — (hopefully there’s no deadline on this)

• Clan Battles (including a Combat Mission or two)

• CV test server play, with a bunch of Missions and grinds...

• The Royal Navy event and Hall of Fame is still going…

• ... and if you didn't already finish the Cossack grind, there’s that

• Daily Grind. Dreadnought -- Complete 40 combat missions of "Daily Mission" series... before Jan. 1

Coming soon -- with 7.12:

• Steel Monsters Campaign -- It will be available for purchase through the Premium Shop. This campaign is a great way to stock up on camo, signals, Secret Santa containers and Steel

• Snowflakes - a temporary currency for the Arsenal, earned by winning a battle in each ship you have in port

• Ranked Sprint

• In the Name of His Highness! -- an in-game event like the Royal Navy event: one Stage and four Directives scheduled to arrive once per week, each of which contains 10 to 11 Combat Missions (rewards include Steel). Completion of the fourth Directive brings you the — Prinz Eitel Friedrich!

• The "Mighty Prinz" Campaign -- a new temporary campaign that will be available for owners of battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich. As you progress through the campaign, you'll get containers from the New Year's "Belle Époque" collection. The final missions of the campaign will bring you researchable Tier VI ships with beautiful New Year-themed camouflages. Your ultimate reward for accomplishing the entire campaign will be a permanent camouflage for Prinz Eitel Friedrich.

• The "Belle Époque" Collection -- New Year containers issued for accomplishing Combat Missions and Directives bring you items from the "Belle Époque" collection.

And of course there’s always this:

• Whatever ships or commanders you're working on grinding (Tier 10 to play CB/Ranked?, Legendary Upgrades, 19 point commanders?, Fiji or Helena or Lightning or whatever ship you want to play)
  • Any other Collections you’re still trying to finish
  • Any other Campaigns you might be working on
  • If there’s any Operations you haven’t gotten 5 stars in yet
  • Anything you're grinding Coal or Free XP for... Premium Ships and/or goodies in the Arsenal
  • Daily Missions and the Daily Mission series, if those matter to you...
  • Daily Containers (sort of redundant to a bunch of this other stuff, but sometimes completing a daily container is enough incentive for me to play "just one more game")

And what about simply playing the same ship or two enough times that I'm actually somewhat decent in it.

-----------------------------

That's like 20+ different reasons to get back in there and play till your fingers bleed.

(oh yeah: I'm probably missing stuff too. If you see anything, let's hear it)

Edited by Jester_of_War
  • Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,660 battles

Yeah when you lost then out like that I am also exhausted. I guess we will just have to pick which ones we want

[KAPPA]
Members
1,261 posts
6,242 battles

You can do most of that at the same time, though. And the things you can't, assuming you don't just buy Fred, tend to be intentionally restricted in such a way, meaning that you aren't supposed to do them at the same time. 

Snowflakes: play a ship. Any ships T6+ if memory serves.

Campaigns: Technically doable at the same time, and likely the preferred way, as temp campaigns tend to have few objectives per tier.

Belle Collection: You make progress at the same time as doing the other stuff.

ItNoHH event: From the sound of it, you aren't timed outside of finishing by the end, only restricted from doing it before the next part is available.

Ranked Sprint: Honestly? If the rewards are the same as last time, the event isn't especially tempting. That said, you can do the T6 snowflakes here, as well as presumably most other parts, if not all of them.

Dreadnought: We have few details, but I imagine it'll be around the same as Vampire or Varyag, and as such almost certainly doable at the same time as everything else.

Overall, this doesn't sound like a lot of effort to do it all if you play strategically, using a different ship every battle, play the T6 ships in ranked, and pace yourself to get ItNoHH and Mighty Prinz done. The only part that might be tricky is getting Mighty Prinz done, assuming it works like it did for the prior two years.

If you only play a little per day to get the current part of ItNoHH done, that should make it simple enough to get everything but MP done. MP will likely be the only hard part out of it all, as it may be a single week you have to do it.

Of course, this only applies if one has the time for this all. If one doesn't, then perhaps skipping MP and just doing everything but the ranked sprint would be easier. With so few objectives, ItNoHH sounds easier in general, assuming they don't inflate the requirements or have a Hendrik only mission or something. If Hendrik is needed for a mission, that complicates things and makes skipping the tedious missions harder. Save your pew pew for main batteries, your secondary ships for secondaries, your burninators for fires and such and just use ships when they are appropriate, but keep repeats to a minimum.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,878 posts
10,118 battles

For me, it's a matter of picking and choosing what I like. Fortunately for me, I'm a curmudgeon, and what I like is limited.

• Show the Flag - meh. If it happens, it happens.
  • Thankful and Grateful - Most likely two Type 59 consumable camos per container – how many camos do I burn through if I’m actually pursuing this? meh. If it happens,...
  • Citadel Slam – Done.
  • Rasputin Quest – No appeal to me.
  • “Royal Navy Destroyers” Collection  - doing this through dailies, so no special effort.
  • Clan Battles - I’m there.
  • CV test server play - for me, I break out a line from an old John Lennon song “Just screwit!..Just screw-oo-oo-oooo!”
  • The Royal Navy event and Hall of Fame & Cossack grind. Done. Paid the 99 cents and cashed in my chips. If I get further tasks completed & rewards, great. I haven’t even looked at the rewards for each of the four directives this week. If they include coal, then maybe I’ll pay attention. If not, I’m singing my Lennon line again.

Coming soon -- with 7.12:

• Steel Monsters Campaign – How much money? When How much time? How much steel? Very high potential for BFD response here.
  • Snowflakes – if these can be knocked out in Co-op to broom them away quickly, or if the same battles count toward the below campaigns, I’m in.
  • Ranked Sprint – I’m in, but I don’t like the lack of steel. I get that it is “easy mode” of ranked and therefore should have a lesser reward, but it appears to be supplanting regular Ranked season. One avenue of steel earning, gone.
  • In the Name of His Highness! – holidays and holiday stuff to do. We’ll see.
  • The "Mighty Prinz" Campaign – holidays and holiday stuff to do. We’ll see.
  • The "Belle Époque" Collection – Did I mention holidays?
  • The Dreadnought grind???  - Ummmm, holidays?

And of course there’s always this:

• ….The regular workaday stuff – Even this can be impacted by WG holiday sales stuff. It looks like WG might be doing what they did two years ago, rotating through the nations each weekend and putting stuff on sale, including the regular tech tree ships. Last week was U.S. ships. I’ve been grinding out my Aoba this week, in the hope that the IJN is up next. But I'm reasonably prepared if Germany or Russia pops up instead.

And what about simply playing the same ship or two enough times that I'm actually somewhat decent in it. – I’ve been slowly trying to turn myself into a better destroyer player. I’m at the point where I’m better than the average T5 destroyer player, not sure about where I stand among T6 (but if you have to ask, you kind of know the answer, (sigh)), and get taken to the woodshed in T7. Did some clan battles last night, used the captain skill reassignment opportunity to reset the skills on five of my seven destroyer captains.

[H_]
Members
2,291 posts

OP:  what you said is very true.  Good job posting what is out there !!!!!

As a newer player (less than 1 year), finding all of what you listed without the forum doesn't happen....  Even with the forum, I miss all sorts of "things to do..." or, don't have the gimmick ships necessary to participate...

Most times, it feels like most events are built for the "veteran players" that have over a hundred ships.....  We've lost players to this: lack of information or not qualifying to participate.

As an example, your top 9..... I participate in three of them.  And, show the flag, only because I received a free British DD a month ago and using 1 DD takes a long time to accomplish this in COOP.....  I'm almost all COOP now.

The point is, yes, it seems busy to those veterans that have everything they need to participate OR want to participate in.  I'm not into having the "gimmicky" side of the game (Rasputin, the Aime, High School or space SF themes) at all.  I'm a bit older than those gimmicks and I'd love to see WW2 scenarios and events built around real events.....

Some others simply only have one hour a night to play........so, we lose them as well after a while.   Their 1 hour is so "value added" most move onto other games that provide real value in a structured way that can accommodate less active play.

Great Post because it's like a bulletin board  ---  HEY, THIS IS WHAT"S GOING ON !!!   Good job.

[LUCK]
Members
1,696 posts
23,769 battles
29 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

• Snowflakes – if these can be knocked out in Co-op to broom them away quickly, or if the same battles count toward the below campaigns, I’m in.

It stated any mode, so yes you can knock it out in co-op. That said, I foresee a rash of yolo-ing happening to get the rewards quickly, particularly if you have an healthy fleet and are disposed to working the system.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,878 posts
10,118 battles
1 minute ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I foresee a rash of yolo-ing happening to get the rewards quickly, particularly if you have an healthy fleet and are disposed to working the system.

Say it ain't so!!!

[_RNG_]
Members
708 posts
5,572 battles

Just updated this big ol' list with:

• Daily Grind. Dreadnought -- Complete 40 combat missions of "Daily Mission" series... before Jan. 1

This is a free ship that's fairly easy to get. Don't let it pass you by if that's your sort of thing.

Edited by Jester_of_War