Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
USN_BB_Iowa

3 day switch for clans

11 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Members
112 posts
4,826 battles

can someone explain the purpose?

It's to avoid cheating is what I have come to determine from the forums.

How even can you cheat cw by transferring?

• They do realize time is a finite resource
  • Even if you instant change clans any battles you partake in still take time. Its not like you get any more battles or extra time
  • And rewards are by account, Once you claim them that's it.
  • You switching clans changes neither the days it happens on, the rewards you already claimed, nor the potential games you can participate in.
  • it's not like wows didnt have mercenaries before and that option isnt available for clan battles despite being offered on other WG titles.

it seems like an arbitrary inconvenience. sometimes you are 1 person short; you have people who can help but this system kinda denies you that; and you miss out on a day; and for clans with busier people who have limited days (work, kids, family, church) this seems like a real [edited]pain when you could get that vital last player with the old rules.

it seems alot of people were in favor of this too, but they cant articulate any real reason beyond "yeah screw those cheaters!"
I'm asking because i feel like a 24 hour wait (if there *HAS* to be one) would be less of a hassle and cater to any players so worried about this so as to implement this in the first place.

• Bad 1

[AOD_A]
[AOD_A]
Beta Testers
46 posts
1,497 battles

I would say it’s not for cheating, it is to prevent clan hoppers. It is to encourage planning, with up to 50 players you should never be short on players. It is to prevent espionage if they ever bring back the clan map from tanks. There are so many reasons why having a cooldown between clans is a good idea.

I do believe you should have an ability to form an alliance of sorts. So clans that have training programs etc can easily bring up the farm team and visa versa during a season but that’s about it. Remember even that shouldn’t be a problem with a well greased wheel you have 50 players to choose from and organize around each season. 

[5D5]
Members
2,401 posts
14,988 battles

During the first season it was a 24 hour cool down and clans that had reached Typhoon (there was no Hurricane then) would send players to their sub-clans to help them move up the leagues. Hence WG instituted the 3 day cool down to deter this activity.

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Members
112 posts
4,826 battles
5 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

During the first season it was a 24 hour cool down and clans that had reached Typhoon (there was no Hurricane then) would send players to their sub-clans to help them move up the leagues. Hence WG instituted the 3 day cool down to deter this activity.

is that really cheating? seems like an over reaction to a minor thing (to me)

• Bad 1

[ALM_]
Members
49 posts
3,109 battles
On 11/29/2018 at 12:02 AM, Darkn3ssF4lls said:

I would say it’s not for cheating, it is to prevent clan hoppers. It is to encourage planning, with up to 50 players you should never be short on players. It is to prevent espionage if they ever bring back the clan map from tanks. There are so many reasons why having a cooldown between clans is a good idea.

I do believe you should have an ability to form an alliance of sorts. So clans that have training programs etc can easily bring up the farm team and visa versa during a season but that’s about it. Remember even that shouldn’t be a problem with a well greased wheel you have 50 players to choose from and organize around each season. 

I have 40 clan member capacity. Most of them play everyday. It is very hard, though, to have 7 people that can make clan battle game. Even the Tier 6 one. Actually, the way I see it, the norm is to have a very difficult time to gather people required to battle clan. Any easiness is a exception, from what we see in forums, forum recruitment and team play.

Beta Testers
80 posts

Please remove this silly 3-day cooldown thing!

After returning to the game to see all of the new features, clan battles looked really cool. But I just had to leave a clan that had a bunch of extra rules not listed on their recommendation and now I have to wait 3 days to find another clan because I have a cooldown. 3 days!

Ridiculous.

• Bad 2

Members
1,876 posts
10,342 battles
On 11/29/2018 at 3:11 AM, USN_BB_Iowa said:

It can create some points reward issues.

what brought this to a head was two top five clans in the final stretch of the season. One clan decided either intentionally or not move most of their top team to the sub clan over a two day break avoiding missing any days. The sub clan was high enough rank to have faced the team they were competing against for the lead.

If the flag ship clan beat their competitor that clan would lose 15-20 points. But if the sub clan, now loaded with starters from the flagship clan beat the competitor that clan would lose 40-50 points even though they really are facing the same team.

Moving top guys to sub clans to teach the team, or even boost them for more rewards is not cheating. However in certain situations it can create an unfair situation. The cool down was implemented to force teams doing this to have moved members lose a day of CB as a cost. I think that is fair, considering some where asking for roster locks for much longer durations during the season.

[-V1-]
Members
196 posts
5,042 battles

I switched clans a year ago and the 3-day cooldown was not a big deal in any way.   I fully support it as it does make members stop and consider before quitting a clan as well as gives that clan they are leaving an opportunity to resolve the issue that caused that player to depart in the first place.   Keep the 3-day cooldown period, and if anything extend it more!

Members
1,597 posts
8,541 battles
On 11/29/2018 at 3:11 AM, USN_BB_Iowa said:

On 12/30/2018 at 12:59 PM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

It can create some points reward issues.

what brought this to a head was two top five clans in the final stretch of the season. One clan decided either intentionally or not move most of their top team to the sub clan over a two day break avoiding missing any days. The sub clan was high enough rank to have faced the team they were competing against for the lead.

If the flag ship clan beat their competitor that clan would lose 15-20 points. But if the sub clan, now loaded with starters from the flagship clan beat the competitor that clan would lose 40-50 points even though they really are facing the same team.

Moving top guys to sub clans to teach the team, or even boost them for more rewards is not cheating. However in certain situations it can create an unfair situation. The cool down was implemented to force teams doing this to have moved members lose a day of CB as a cost. I think that is fair, considering some where asking for roster locks for much longer durations during the season.

This is your answer. Top clans were gaming the system and giving the primary clan an advantage. Hence the 3 day cool down and the option to run A/B teams within a clan.

[O7]
Members
437 posts
12,946 battles
On 11/29/2018 at 2:11 AM, USN_BB_Iowa said:

There was a big controversy surrounding one clan season one that was doing this in order to queue snipe the people threatening their position in first. They would take their other clan with a lower rating and at no risk take 30 points away for a win or only donate a few points in a loss. Funny part is with the alpha and bravo ratings, WG has enabled this "controversial" tactic entirely.

Sign in to follow this