You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Thank you WG

11 comments in this topic

Members
2,121 posts
9,978 battles

I was such a bad cheater with this game. Maybe even worse than being the banker in Monopoly. 

But yah thanks WG for making a good game. Technology has certainly advanced at an exponential rate. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,981 posts
14,623 battles

Ah, the offline version of WoWS.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,414 posts
4,243 battles

How do you cheat at Battleship?  Just lie about hits?  (Monopoly I need no lessons on.)

Members
2,121 posts
9,978 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

How do you cheat at Battleship?  Just lie about hits?  (Monopoly I need no lessons on.)

With decent sleight of hand (or because when I played my sisters were like 12-13 years old), just move your ships.

B6! MISS! (moves ship)

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles

I actually played the electronic version a lot when I was younger, usually against an AI.

I actually lost a few times before I realized that the AI only used a preset list of ship placements, which the game manual conveniently listed. Then it was just a matter of whittling down the possibilities until you find the one the AI was using, and then curb-stomp it.

In fact, due to the fact that it had a certain "special weapons" mode (like a concussion missile that hits a 3x3 square or two aircraft squadrons that could reveal the exact location of enemy ships and even attack), I actually managed to create a presentation out of it for statistics class.

Members
2,121 posts
9,978 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Is that girl knitting?

lol, IU idk. I tried changing my pic last night and just ended up changing my "cover" whatever that is. Suppose Ill change it now.

Alpha Tester
5,944 posts
2,876 battles
10 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

With decent sleight of hand (or because when I played my sisters were like 12-13 years old), just move your ships.

B6! MISS! (moves ship)

This is why I have the electronic version of the game. You have to input each ship's coordinates before the game begins. That way, it's basically impossible to cheat.