You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

I realize WG is throwing a ton of stuff out.

41 comments in this topic

[UFFA]
Members
1,655 posts
72 battles

However isn't it about time WG give us a sneak peak of the next tech tree line already? Or let some more juicy tidbits be datamined from the client/st client? I will celebrate our new Pan-Asian Cruisers, Soviet aircraft aviation destroyers with 457mm anti-capitalism rifles, Pan-European line, etc. with the least amount of salt possible. morton-lossy.gif :cap_happy:
ComplexBronzeGrouper-size_restricted.gif

:cap_popcorn:

[SALVO]
Members
21,365 posts
21,609 battles

Heck, I'd be happy at this point with just knowing what the new line is going to be, i.e. French DDs, Italian cruisers, etc.  I can wait a bit for the juicy previews.  But the merest crumb, i.e. the nation and ship type, would be nice.

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
1,655 posts
72 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Heck, I'd be happy at this point with just knowing what the new line is going to be, i.e. French DDs, Italian cruisers, etc.  I can wait a bit for the juicy previews.  But the merest crumb, i.e. the nation and ship type, would be nice.

Well the Austin video showed the one poor LatAm representative saying WG does love LatAm so LatAm cruisers confirmed? :cap_like:

[-KAK-]
Members
352 posts
7,581 battles

Based on the fact we haven't heard of anything other than the RN carriers, and the RN DDs launched relatively late (October, instead of September or August), I'm thinking we won't get a fourth line this year. Based on the way WG's acting re the CV rework, I wouldn't be surprised if that launches in early January and our next line is the RN CVs

[SALVO]
Members
21,365 posts
21,609 battles
3 minutes ago, numbskull_2 said:

My prediction. 

Swiss battlecruisers.

Lol

Is that a speed boat with a machine gun?  Or a ferry carrying a couple of tanks?

[MEIST]
Members
1,094 posts
4,332 battles
3 minutes ago, numbskull_2 said:

My prediction. 

Swiss battlecruisers.

Lol

Those are the most stealth ships out there. No one has every taken a picture of one or even seen one. Legend has it that Bigfoot Captains one. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[MIA-P]
Members
2,201 posts
11,422 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Is that a speed boat with a machine gun?  Or a ferry carrying a couple of tanks?

Filled with pikemen. It's meant to work with the new boarding mechanics.

• Funny 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
5 posts
5,193 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No. A Swiss Army knife of course.

[-K-]
Members
6,606 posts
10,966 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For those who like to grind up 19 point commanders in advance, this is spot on.

[SIDE]
Members
2,529 posts
6 minutes ago, numbskull_2 said:

My prediction. 

Swiss battlecruisers.

Lol

Pros:

Super good concealment. Almost no superstructure.  Armor over match other ships at any angle. Can shoot thru islands.

mehs:

agile but awkward. No turrets and fixed guns with perfectly flat trajectory.

Balans comrade:

Only able to fire when stationary.

[5BS]
Members
7,529 posts

I don't think anyone has a clue (maybe even WGing) what the next line(s) are going to be. Going by leaks, the next line might be the RN CV's, as they had both an official DevBlog post a month ago, and we know the CV Rework is getting closer. We've seen not even an inkling of any other line, except maybe the RU BB's which iirc ~half the line was finished more than a year ago and then put on hold.

Baring that, you could call the 'reworked' CV IJN and USN lines as the 'next' lines as they too have been described and explained. But I wouldn't hold my breath on a French DD, or Italian Cruiser/DD, or any other major lines in the next few months (Q2, most likely Q3 2019 before you see a non-CV line).

Edited by _RC1138

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,758 posts
8,970 battles
49 minutes ago, Crucis said:

let me help

RN CVs

VMF BBs

then probably

MarineN DDs

then maybe

Italian CLs

My best guess.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,852 posts
9,039 battles
43 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Or a ferry carrying a couple of tanks?

There's a funny story about a JTFEX about 20 years ago where an LSD with an M1 Abrams in its well deck got credited with a gun kill on an "enemy" destroyer... 

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO

[LRM]
Members
2,872 posts
6,283 battles
39 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

ITS-ABOUT-TIME-FOR-ITALY

In seriousness, after all the premiums we have gotten, La Regia Marina is long overdue.

[SALVO]
Members
21,365 posts
21,609 battles
3 minutes ago, Phil_Swift_With_Flextape said:

In seriousness, after all the premiums we have gotten, La Regia Marina is long overdue.

I can agree with this.  I have no special reason for caring about the RM either way.  But with 4 premium ships available, I think that it's time and past time for an Italian line to arrive.

Members
1,933 posts
8,442 battles
57 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Well the Austin video showed the one poor LatAm representative saying WG does love LatAm so LatAm cruisers confirmed? :cap_like:

I wish they loved LatAm enough to get them their own server so the no habla English crowd could take their potato computers and 200ms ping somewhere else. 

• Boring 2

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,254 posts
12,673 battles
58 minutes ago, numbskull_2 said:

My prediction. 

Swiss battlecruisers.

Lol

Mongolian CV line, Pride of the fleet, HMMV Koumiss

[LRM]
Members
2,872 posts
6,283 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I can agree with this.  I have no special reason for caring about the RM either way.  But with 4 premium ships available, I think that it's time and past time for an Italian line to arrive.

Poland as well. How long has it been since Blys has been released? They have enough for a single DD line. That ship literally is currently serving no point.

[SALVO]
Members
21,365 posts
21,609 battles
Just now, Phil_Swift_With_Flextape said:

Poland as well. How long has it been since Blys has been released? They have enough for a single DD line. That ship literally is currently serving no point.

Nah.  WG should create a Pan-European tree, and include the smaller nations' navies in it.   Nations/navies such as Poland, the Netherlands, Austria-Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, and so on.  OTOH, Italy had a sufficiently large navy that it deserves its own tree.  

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
1,655 posts
72 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

07198419.jpg

[LRM]
Members
2,872 posts
6,283 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Nah.  WG should create a Pan-European tree, and include the smaller nations' navies in it.   Nations/navies such as Poland, the Netherlands, Austria-Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, and so on.  OTOH, Italy had a sufficiently large navy that it deserves its own tree.  

Poland can hold it's own line, thats a fact. Sweeden can with just destroyers, which WG said they might do. Spain COULD but you would need 4 paper ships, but then again french cruisers have alot of paper in them. The rest you are correct about.

[UFFA]
Members
1,655 posts
72 battles
8 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I wish they loved LatAm enough to get them their own server so the no habla English crowd could take their potato computers and 200ms ping somewhere else. 

That would suck for the server population.