Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Formous

CV Rework and Operations

3 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
115 battles

So this is a new concern raised since the CV will all be shifted into tiers 4, 6, 8 and 10.  While I personally quite enjoy flying the planes and using the CV changes, something that concerns me is that the game's operations will become nearly non-existent for CVs.  As it stands, there are next to no Operations that permit CVs, and those that do restrict CVs to tier 7 if any happen to get involved. To me, this is greatly saddening, as week after week, I will not see a single operation with my CVs.   I don't play the other classes often, as I do not enjoy them (nor CV rts now for that matter).

With the CV rework now coming to near fruition, I want to make a formal request that ALL existing operations be amended to include and allow CV classes to be used inside the Operations.  Players should be able to bring their favored ships to these operations, and if CVs all end up being even tiered and no changes are made to even the existing Operations, then you will literally have a ship class that is completely excluded from Operations.  As it stands, Operations like Dunkirk can be played with ships that are entirely impossible to have been at them in real life.  It's not so hard to imagine just letting the door down so that every operation can be played by a ship of the appropriate tier.

[RLGN]
Members
8,688 posts
17,952 battles

This presumes WG wanted carriers in Ops in the first place; since just like in PvP a good carrier could carry an Op and allow for ‘excessive’ farming of xp and rewards.

From what I’m seeing so far in the test, carriers will be next to worthless in Ops after the rework anyway. Bots swarm like roaches, and the carrier ‘presense’ so many whine and cry about is the only thing that kept some teams afloat.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,657 posts
3,895 battles

Operations are basically the only reason I even play carriers. So yeah. Removing carriers from operations kinda removes their appeal entirely for me.

Sign in to follow this