You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

World of Tanks 10th Anniversary Gift, just log in!

18 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
6,154 posts
5,161 battles

It's World of Tanks 10th Anniversary today.  Based on what year you registered your WGing account, you can gain a boatload of bonds, credits, a camo and possibly a free tank!  It's not tied to when you started playing World of Tanks itself so you could be in for some seriously good rewards.  If you account was registered from 2012 or before, you'll get enough bonds for a "free" improved equipment and a tier 6 T-50-2 tank.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/well-deserved-reward-1118/

wot_10-anniversary-infographics_en_s1_yN

• Boring 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,089 posts
6,231 battles

Cool, I was a beta tester for WoT and still play occasionally, I'll have to log in!

Thanks for the info

Alpha Tester
1,211 posts
4,968 battles

I joined in March or April of 2011 but haven't really played since wows went into alpha. I did love my t-50-2 though. Might have to go back.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,553 posts
11,112 battles

Tanks is so hard to play now...same old crap, nothing changed for the reasons I don't play anymore

Alpha Tester
5,990 posts
2,882 battles

As momentous as this is (and as alluring as the legendary old T-50-2 is), I promised myself I'd never play Tanks again.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,846 posts
9,021 battles

Hm. Played for a few months in the summer of 2010... may reinstall just to pick up this reward. Whether or not I actually play it... that's a separate matter.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,408 posts
11,044 battles
1 hour ago, Morpheous said:

Tanks is so hard to play now...same old crap, nothing changed for the reasons I don't play anymore

It’s still like fighting in a closet with hand grenades. The Iowa’s and Montana’s also get nuclear shells. 

[SOUP]
Privateers, Supertester, Modder
8,426 posts

Got my stuff, played a few rounds, remembered why I don't play WoT, uninstalled.    xD

[REVY]
Members
6,154 posts
5,161 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

Got my stuff, played a few rounds, remembered why I don't play WoT, uninstalled.    xD

Yeah, it's a frustrating game.  Most of the iconic tanks of WWII are just useless and I'm just left scratching my head on what the goal of WoTs is.  In fact, my Youtube account is getting spammed with WoT ads that show off the most iconic WWII tanks such as the Sherman, Panzer IV and T-34 and I can't help think "but those tanks suck!"

[SOUP]
8,426 posts
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

TOG II at least is still a mobile meme, I just can't use the sloped armour exploit of the golden age, where I could just turn TOG backwards, reverse into a fight, and let all the shots bounce off the sloped aft

[REVY]
Members
6,154 posts
5,161 battles
4 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

TOG II at least is still a mobile meme, I just can't use the sloped armour exploit of the golden age, where I could just turn TOG backwards, reverse into a fight, and let all the shots bounce off the sloped aft

And you got a love just how power creeped the old tanks are.  Reading the WOT wiki on the iconic Churchill that was never defeated as a flag tank in Girls und Panzer has this line "Overall, in unskilled hands the tank is nothing but a burden to its team and should not be played if one does not plan to proceed further down the British Heavy Tank line."  I guess WoT is more about those E-25 memes.  Funny that they don't advertise that on youtube.

Edited by Sventex

[SOUP]
8,426 posts
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

Aye but I can't really speak for the WoT department or their policies... I left that party looooong ago. But I have some fond memories of those days. Like rolling a full squad of three TOGs....ending up on a team with a second full squad of TOGs..... AND having a 7th TOG on our team to spare!
Here's some footage I saved from the replay of that battle:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,858 posts
21,064 battles

Thanks for the heads up Sven! I don't play much WoT, only go there to farm rewards that you can apply to WoWS like premium time. What do the bonds do? I mean I kind of figure they are currency of some sort. Can I get anything like premium time with them?

[REVY]
Members
6,154 posts
5,161 battles
53 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Thanks for the heads up Sven! I don't play much WoT, only go there to farm rewards that you can apply to WoWS like premium time. What do the bonds do? I mean I kind of figure they are currency of some sort. Can I get anything like premium time with them?

No.  Essentially you can use bonds to either buy err... the equivalent of premium consumables or "legendary?" modules within WoT itself.  Even if you don't play much of WoT, you can just buy a improved rammer/improved vents and enjoy that one tank that you play with the best possible reload time.  You get a few bonds for earning medals at the end of rounds, but because WoT is so stingy, earning enough bonds to get improved equipment through that method would be like trying to earn the FXP for the MO or something like that.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,858 posts
21,064 battles

Ahh ok, thanks for putting it in a way a WoWS scrub can understand! I was pretty excited as I had 300 gold there when I logged in a week or so back. I used it to buy a day of premium time to help out on the UK missions. I don't play enough WoT to have a favorite tank but will try to upgrade the best one I own. Again thanks for everything!

Members
3,480 posts
3,790 battles

Same, I reinstalled and realized I don't have time anymore to juggle both these games and relearn tank maps and such all over again. Maybe when i'm let go from my job or something i'll take the time to enjoy it.