You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fsublume

Daring issue with Last Stand skill

15 comments in this topic

[SFBB2]
Members
5 posts
10,644 battles

I have played a few dozen battles with Daring and I have a Captain with Last Stand.  When the engine gets damaged their is no power almost at all(1-3 knts). I understand it is still reduced but im pretty sure this consumable is not taking affect on this one ship.  Anyone else with this experience?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
195 posts
6,953 battles

Never had a issue on any ship, but just to make sure, but is the captain still being trained into the Daring? Last stand will not work if captain is not fully trained to the ship.

[SFBB2]
Members
5 posts
10,644 battles
33 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

Never had a issue on any ship, but just to make sure, but is the captain still being trained into the Daring? Last stand will not work if captain is not fully trained to the ship.

Nope, fully trained.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,611 posts
757 battles
3 hours ago, fsublume said:

I have played a few dozen battles with Daring and I have a Captain with Last Stand.  When the engine gets damaged their is no power almost at all(1-3 knts). I understand it is still reduced but im pretty sure this consumable is not taking affect on this one ship.  Anyone else with this experience?

Hello Captain,

Can you please send me a screenshot/replay of where you are having an issue?

Please send me a screenshot of your current captain skills.

Thanks!

[SFBB2]
Members
5 posts
10,644 battles
28 minutes ago, WGkami said:

Hello Captain,

Can you please send me a screenshot/replay of where you are having an issue?

Please send me a screenshot of your current captain skills.

Thanks!

Here is my Captain screen shot.  I'll try to capture it again sometime/day.

Screenshot (1).png

[WGA]
Administrator
1,611 posts
757 battles

Thanks,

If you also have a replay when you are playing the Daring while having the issue.

Please PM me that.

[UTWE]
Members
278 posts
3,987 battles
3 hours ago, fsublume said:

Is your commander in retraining? That might be it because some skills only operate at 50% in retraining.

[SFBB2]
Members
5 posts
10,644 battles

So I got lit up several times and at full speed its about normal. Went down to 32knts with engine damage.  Main issue is at a stop or backing its reeaallly slow getting to speed with eng damage.  I noticed I don't have propulsion mod on and I guess Brits don't even have this option since they have ridiculous acceleration from a stopped position. However, when at a creep or slow backing its fast acceleration is gone with engine damage.  Here is a mediocre screen shot example.  11 seconds elapsed with full power forward and it changed from -5.4 to 2.7 knots.  11 seconds of painful acceleration. I Dunno, I guess its me but for a Brit dd that our normally quick to accelerate it seems a bit odd. Not sure if last stands is worth it I guess for that ship.1023699854_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.c7dd3eeb561c34aadc3633fc37bfffaa.png580012722_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.d5e443d33595962bead79bb94095ced8.png

[KAPPA]
Members
1,256 posts
6,242 battles
1 hour ago, fsublume said:

So I got lit up several times and at full speed its about normal. Went down to 32knts with engine damage.  Main issue is at a stop or backing its reeaallly slow getting to speed with eng damage.  I noticed I don't have propulsion mod on and I guess Brits don't even have this option since they have ridiculous acceleration from a stopped position. However, when at a creep or slow backing its fast acceleration is gone with engine damage.  Here is a mediocre screen shot example.  11 seconds elapsed with full power forward and it changed from -5.4 to 2.7 knots.  11 seconds of painful acceleration. I Dunno, I guess its me but for a Brit dd that our normally quick to accelerate it seems a bit odd. Not sure if last stands is worth it I guess for that ship.1023699854_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.c7dd3eeb561c34aadc3633fc37bfffaa.png580012722_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.d5e443d33595962bead79bb94095ced8.png

Engine damage also affects acceleration/deceleration if you have last stand. It's annoyingly easy to accidentally slip out of the smoke you just laid if it's damaged. Also, the standard acceleration mod only works from a stop from what I remember. As such, if one is going -1, you won't get its effects till you hit 0. I do think it effects going in reverse as well, though, so while it makes going from -1 to 0 hard, the reverse remains fairly zippy.

Basically, treat engine damage with last stand as a hit to your horsepower, not just your speed.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[LOU1]
Members
3,678 posts
10,000 battles
5 hours ago, fsublume said:

*image snip*

Replays are automatically enabled as of the last patch.  WOWS stores your last 30 battles in the Replay folder.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,605 battles
20 hours ago, fsublume said:

Screenshot (1).png

Just curious why you are running expert marksman on your Daring captain, especially with a Dunkirk captain, I mean, are the daring's blazing fast turret 360 traverse somehow not fast enough?  I mean I could see  using those two points toward more daka daka such as BFT or adrenaline rush, or if you really wanna make use of Dunkirk special skills, the smoke screen size boost.   But turret traverse , just seems.....odd.   

Edited by SyndicatedINC
Because I am apparently illiterate.....

[_RNG_]
Members
708 posts
5,562 battles
1 hour ago, SyndicatedINC said:

you are running last stand on your Daring captain

I think you meant Expert Marksman?

Edited by Jester_of_War
  • Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,605 battles

11 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

I think you meant Expert Marksman?

Doh, yeah, my bad, was reading the title while typing and my fingers just spelled it out.  Thanks going back to edit it now.

200w.gif.4908f5bf03ef4c971e1170f138ebc785.gif

Edited by SyndicatedINC

Members
1,249 posts
6,843 battles

Daring seems very prone to getting it's engines shot out, often. Too often.

Wish I had a 19 point captain for my Daring, but I would choose different skills. I believe IFHE is a must for Daring.

[SFBBW]
Members
44 posts
18,110 battles

I have had this issue loads of times, It just takes forever to move, i checked to see if i had last stand , got that, no module is available to help ,same on the Jutland ,just stopped playing them. Poor smoke and slow =too boring in this meta.

• Cool 1