Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UIUC

Is this the new 7.11 match making feature?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2
[NAIVE]
Members
10 posts
7,864 battles

shot-18_11.28_09_34.52-0561gai.thumb.jpg.e933f24e4e6ad087dff2abb51c5e8bf5.jpgshot-18_11.28_09_34.52-0561.thumb.jpg.d26afb7ab4ade2653d12f42b8f051f93.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?

Forgive my bad English.

Seriously, if this happened at 4:00 am central time (usually around 2000 players online at that time) or I waited for more than 2 minutes in the queue, I would not complain.  However, this happened about 25 minutes ago (around 9:25 am central time, almost 5000 players online at the time) and I waited in the queue no more than 50 seconds. Is this the so called better match making from 7.11? 

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,887
Members
23,178 posts
5,841 battles

6200 battles and you've never seen a CV queue dump before?

On the bright side, those should be infinitely less common after the rework....

Edited by Skpstr
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[TBOW]
Members
1,885 posts
12,851 battles
9 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

6200 battles and you've never seen a CV queue dump before?

On the bright side, those should be infinitely less common after the rework....

It has been while for me since I had one, cause I know better, if the queue goes to long and I am in a CV I get out of it after 2 minutes.  I do not want to be blamed for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,373
[_-_]
Members
2,144 posts

This is just your basic CV queue dump.

Only way to avoid is bail out from queue if you see CV's in queue and check back in a few. Off-peak hours are the worst.

Unless you're an AA Monster, then it's totally pwnage time. :Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
575
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
24 minutes ago, UIUC said:

shot-18_11.28_09_34.52-0561gai.thumb.jpg.e933f24e4e6ad087dff2abb51c5e8bf5.jpgshot-18_11.28_09_34.52-0561.thumb.jpg.d26afb7ab4ade2653d12f42b8f051f93.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?

Forgive my bad English.

Seriously, if this happened at 4:00 am central time (usually around 2000 players online at that time) or I waited for more than 2 minutes in the queue, I would not complain.  However, this happened about 25 minutes ago (around 9:25 am central time, almost 5000 players online at the time) and I waited in the queue no more than 50 seconds. Is this the so called better match making from 7.11? 

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?

 

Don't worry I sent in a support ticket and they said everything is working as intended. My advice find a different game.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[NAIVE]
Members
10 posts
7,864 battles
20 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

6200 battles and you've never seen a CV queue dump before?

On the bright side, those should be infinitely less common after the rework....

Probably I had a CV dump long time ago and I forget it. I have been playing this game for over 3 years and I can't believe they haven't fixed this till 7.11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
130 posts
5,618 battles

Still not as bad as early beta mm.

2a7db84.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[TBOW]
Members
1,885 posts
12,851 battles
1 hour ago, Amgen said:

Still not as bad as early beta mm.

2a7db84.jpg

Islands of Ice was a good map in that configuration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,887
Members
23,178 posts
5,841 battles
2 hours ago, UIUC said:

Probably I had a CV dump long time ago and I forget it. I have been playing this game for over 3 years and I can't believe they haven't fixed this till 7.11.

They haven't fixed it yet.

There's only two things that can be done.

One is to not put a limit on how long a single CV can wait in queue.

The other is to get more CVs in the queue. Hopefully, the rework will do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,898
[SALVO]
Members
21,335 posts
21,550 battles
59 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Islands of Ice was a good map in that configuration.

Islands of Ice was a great map in its original form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,898
[SALVO]
Members
21,335 posts
21,550 battles
3 hours ago, UIUC said:

shot-18_11.28_09_34.52-0561gai.thumb.jpg.e933f24e4e6ad087dff2abb51c5e8bf5.jpgshot-18_11.28_09_34.52-0561.thumb.jpg.d26afb7ab4ade2653d12f42b8f051f93.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?

Forgive my bad English.

Seriously, if this happened at 4:00 am central time (usually around 2000 players online at that time) or I waited for more than 2 minutes in the queue, I would not complain.  However, this happened about 25 minutes ago (around 9:25 am central time, almost 5000 players online at the time) and I waited in the queue no more than 50 seconds. Is this the so called better match making from 7.11? 

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?

 

As others have said, this is a classic early morning hours CV queue dump.  But moving on...
 

I'm not aware that WG has done anything to address this sort of queue dump.  Honestly, what I wish they'd do is to dump the CVs after a certain amount of time, if they can't find a battle.  It's not fair to all the non-CV players in the queue to get dumped into small team CV battles.  And it's also selfish, IMO, for CV players to try to get battles in the early morning hours knowing that the chances are really good that they'll end up causing this sort of battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,933 posts
8,442 battles
4 hours ago, Skpstr said:

6200 battles and you've never seen a CV queue dump before?

On the bright side, those should be infinitely less common after the rework....

Someone suggested that in situations like this the rest of the team should be filled with bots. The more I think about it, I'm not completely opposed to the idea. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,887
Members
23,178 posts
5,841 battles
3 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Someone suggested that in situations like this the rest of the team should be filled with bots. The more I think about it, I'm not completely opposed to the idea. 

I agree. At least players wouldn't be wasting flags and camo on games with low opportunity for rewards.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,619 posts
7,568 battles
8 hours ago, Skpstr said:

6200 battles and you've never seen a CV queue dump before?

I have to admit - I have never been on a queue dump but largely from teh fact I play hours where that would not happen... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,887
Members
23,178 posts
5,841 battles
12 hours ago, CylonRed said:

I have to admit - I have never been on a queue dump but largely from teh fact I play hours where that would not happen... :)

Heh, TBH, never seen one live myself either lol.

I just see shots of them here often enough I figured I was an exception lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×