Gneisenau013

Public Test 0.7.12 - Feedback

28 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
949 posts
6,320 battles

Ahoy Public Testers!

Please provide feedback on the following items on this session of Public Test session 0.7.12 - Round 1!

• In the Name of His Highness!
  • The "Belle Époque" Collection
  • The "Mighty Prinz" Campaign
  • The "Steel Monsters" Campaign
  • Snowflakes!
  • Ranked Sprint
  • Warships Premium Account
  • Ship and Map Balance

If you have any reports of bugs or strange happenings, please report them here!

#anchorsaweigh

[PVE]
Members
2,008 posts
18,485 battles

Just by reading the developer diaries I see there are a bunch of BB changes & no other types of ships seem to be getting any changes...seems having some sort of BB only requirements for the PT to test out those changes would have been a good idea to get some feedback on the effects. Just saying because some people might not read the developer diaries (path of least resistance to getting rewards=read requirements & just do that) & might not give any feedback even though all they might play on PT is BBs.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Members
74 posts
10,443 battles

tell me if I am wrong but none of my ship on public test can complete the campaing the MIGHTY PRINZ. what am I doing wrong ?* nvm I found  *

Edited by Dimitri_Rudov

[PVE]
Members
2,008 posts
18,485 battles
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Public Testers!

Please provide feedback on the following items on this session of Public Test session 0.7.12 - Round 1!

• Snowflakes!
  • Ranked Sprint
  • Ship and Map Balance

#anchorsaweigh

In the developer diaries it states, "The second campaign is dedicated to the construction of the heavily armored ships from the beginning of the 20th century. It will be available for purchase through the Premium Shop"...

Is this a misprint or do we have to purchase the 2nd campaign in the premium shop?

[RCN]
Members
43 posts
10,643 battles

• In the Name of His Highness! So far I like the boxes, just like the RN stuff. interesting but blah in the end
  • The "Belle Époque" Collection Another collection , Meh.
  • The "Mighty Prinz" Campaign Finished the campaigne and OK but nothing special.
  • The "Steel Monsters" Campaign have not seen it yet
  • Snowflakes! Dont get it, what is the point?
  • Ranked Sprint Nice to see tier 6 ships. All Ranked should be tier 6 in the future. No Radar is really nice for the DDs to do their job and not get obliterated withing seconds of starting to capture a point.
  • Warships Premium Account dont understand the need but OK
  • Ship and Map Balance Tears of the Players is much smaller and it is even worse now. Okinawa is just plain murder on DD and light cruisers.  Nowhere to hide now. Otherwise didnt see much differences in the maps.

If you have any reports of bugs or strange happenings, please report them here!

Edited by CSM_HQ_Coy
mispelling

[MORSV]
Members
116 posts

The automatic dodges and hits of the Bots is getting way out of hand.  If you want people to quit co-op, just remove it.  DON'T USE BUILT IN CHEATS!!!

Members
7 posts
3,222 battles

Hitting a Bot with a torpedo is becoming more and more difficult.   Granted, the ship I was using was only sending out two torps at a time, but it seemed the bots were maneuvering very adroitly.  My torpedo skills may be poor, but they aren't as bad as they were in this Public Test.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
442 posts
6,228 battles

Normally the PTS starts you out with 14 days Premium time.  Started playing yesterday (Friday around noon or so CST) with only 1 day (24 hours). 

I think I picked up another day but I don't remember from what activity.

I didn't get back on today until just now and all Premium time had expired (2 instances).  Of course the first should have expired, but the second? Odd.

Maybe I only had 24 hours, but there were 2 expirations shown.

Notice is shown below.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edit: I think I figured out 'my' error.  Test began Thursday, not Friday and I'm sure I logged on late Thursday.  So, no problem.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by DocWalker
No Error - Resolved

[-AVA-]
Members
146 posts
8,327 battles
On 12/2/2018 at 12:57 PM, DocWalker said:

Normally the PTS starts you out with 14 days Premium time.  Started playing yesterday (Friday around noon or so CST) with only 1 day (24 hours). 

I think I picked up another day but I don't remember from what activity.

IIRC, you got the extra day of premium by earning stars/rewards in the campaign. The last Final Task is 7 days of Warship premium and 7 days of regular premium. Shame they couldn't make this the real reward on the live server. . .perhaps they would get more than 250 people (NA prime time) if they did.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
442 posts
6,228 battles
6 minutes ago, syd_ said:

IIRC, you got the extra day of premium by earning stars/rewards in the campaign. The last Final Task is 7 days of Warship premium and 7 days of regular premium. Shame they couldn't make this the real reward on the live server. . .perhaps they would get more than 250 people (NA prime time) if they did.

Thanks, syd_ ... and I agree, it would be nice to have more folks on the test server.  Some activities aren't even worth doing (or you can't do) with too few.

I was sure I had picked up an extra day, just couldn't remember how.  And I almost didn't continue playing without premium time.  Until I remembered you could buy it in game for doubloons.  Yeah, they mentioned that on their website, but sometimes there too much going on at once.  Cheers and +1.

Edited by DocWalker
grammar
  • Cool 1

[-AVA-]
Members
146 posts
8,327 battles

Well it seems every new testing cycle has its share of confusion over one thing or another but somehow we manage to slog through it.

The only thing I noticed that was bugged was the Prinz event items being completed in match but not updated in the event itself. . .at least until you log out and log back in. It still took more than 10 hours and 30+ PVE battles to complete everything in the collection, campaign and event. I didn't bother with the ranked battles since I went through that nonsense a few months ago with only a handful of guys in the queue. On the positive side, it gives people a chance to try out new upcoming content AND play ships they don't have but wish to grind up to so there are some decent perks even if the "rewards" for time spent are kind of lame.

Members
20 posts
4,896 battles
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Public Testers!

• Snowflakes!
  • Ranked Sprint
  • Ship and Map Balance

#anchorsaweigh

wishing for the sever to be up

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
949 posts
6,320 battles
10 minutes ago, leo2016_marksman said:

wishing for the sever to be up

Just updated the PT post for Round 2 tomorrow!

#anchorsaweigh

[NAVY]
Members
10 posts
5,963 battles

In the Twilight battles  team mates are helping there buddies on the other teams by shooting there own. this is not right.

[RCN]
Members
43 posts
10,643 battles

I just completed the first stage of Steel Monsters and three crates got 2 ships.  A Krispy Kreme and an Arizona, I hope that that is indicative of the main server odds on getting good stuff in crates this year.

Edited by CSM_HQ_Coy
mispelling

Members
472 posts
6,201 battles
2 hours ago, CSM_HQ_Coy said:

I just completed the first stage of Steel Monsters and three crates got 2 ships.  A Krispy Kreme and an Arizona, I hope that that is indicative of the main server odds on getting good stuff in crates this year.

I dunno, I completed Steel Monsters and Prinz all the way thru.  Got some decent stuff but nothing spectacular and no ships at all.

[RCN]
Members
43 posts
10,643 battles
On 12/6/2018 at 2:08 PM, Dimitri_Rudov said:

it works but this is so funny it is stil 5v5

and it takes forever to get two teams on in Ranked on the test

[MORSV]
Members
116 posts

The better this game is fixed and updated, the better it used to be.  With the current updates and reworks, the co-op is now so good I can get sunk by 2 hits from a bb at ANY angle because that's rng.  RNG is a rigged system in co-op.  DON'T FIX THIS ANY MORE OR START REFUNDING MONEY BECAUSE YOU CHEAT THE PLAYERS!  I am done with the test garbage since it is impossible to get a decent random match and the bots are so over powered you get hit and get cits regardless of angle and dodging.  Stop fixing it to unplayability.

[-WC-]
Members
23 posts
14,182 battles

You're going to have to provide some better incentives for people to play PT.  So far today I've played 2 random games with 1 player on each side, and 1 game with 2 players on each side.  And that required waiting 4-5 minutes to get a game out of MM.  Pointless, and not a very good test of anything.  As for co-op, at least it doesn't take so long to get a game going, but there were 6-7 "friendly" bots on the green team.  And it seems like the red cv came for me each time - no protection from the green bot cv of course, so that wasn't a good way to do this either.

You need more people playing to get a good test.  Better improve the payoffs.

[NNA]
Members
283 posts
6,392 battles
On 11/28/2018 at 7:51 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Public Testers!

• Snowflakes!
  • Ranked Sprint
  • Ship and Map Balance

#anchorsaweigh

In the Name of His Highness: Very similar to the Royal Navy Event. Nets you New Years crates. I was okay with it

The "Belle Époque" Collection: Was unable to complete it. Need 8 more duplicates or the two missing stamps.

Have not started the "Mighty Prinz" Campaign, though I do have the Shinonome to start it.

Completed the "Steel Monsters" Campaign for the steel and  3 Santa Crates. Got some camo and two  2500 Doubloons

Did not play any ships with snowflakes for coal.

Did not participate in Ranked Sprint.

Earned 31 days of Premium from the campaigns.

Did not notice anything out of balance with ships, I like the new map for Okinawa.

Overall, I got to try out the Yamato, Gneisenau and the Bismarck and will shoot for the first two in my regular account

[NOBS]
Members
1 post
3,988 battles

• In the Name of His Highness!   I
  • Snowflakes!
  • Ranked Sprint
  • Ship and Map Balance

Each of the items were great and I enjoyed the objectives.  Ranked Sprints I enjoy very much.  I love the idea of the warships premium account that is specific to WOWS.  The MIght Prinz and Steel Monster Campains were challenging to a newcomer like me.  Ship and Map balance were good.