You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Zhorge

Deputy Commander Question

19 comments in this topic

[TGG]
Members
53 posts
4,580 battles

1.  Is there anyplace that actually explains clan management?   The game guild sure doesn't.   Which gets me to my next question:

2.  Can you have more than one Deputy Commander?

[WOLF6]
Members
686 posts
3,951 battles

If you make everyone a deputy commander, anyone can build clan buildings, everyone can start a clan wars division and no one can exclude anyone else from the clan.

[-V1-]
Members
161 posts
6,087 battles
On 11/28/2018 at 6:27 AM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

1). No.

2). Yes, unlimited. 

A clan can have unlimited Deputy Commander?  Once in a while we will not have a deputy commander around to set up things for clan battle and the people in the clan say that wow only allows 3 deputy commanders per clan. So...What is the rule...you can more than 3 deputy commanders that are allowed to set up clan battle or the who clan can only have 3 total?

[REVY]
[REVY]
Members
286 posts
1,603 battles
20 minutes ago, Labedoyere said:

A clan can have unlimited Deputy Commander?  Once in a while we will not have a deputy commander around to set up things for clan battle and the people in the clan say that wow only allows 3 deputy commanders per clan. So...What is the rule...you can more than 3 deputy commanders that are allowed to set up clan battle or the who clan can only have 3 total?

I have 4 at the moment so this rule of 3 is out the window.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,117 posts
12,053 battles
58 minutes ago, Labedoyere said:

I have seen a screenshot of a full clan of Deputy Commanders, haven't tested it myself, but I am 99% sure you can have as many as you want. Although I wouldn't recommend it. Also, you only need to be an officer to take a team into clan battles, so recruiter is enough for that.

[-V1-]
Members
161 posts
6,087 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I have seen a screenshot of a full clan of Deputy Commanders, haven't tested it myself, but I am 99% sure you can have as many as you want. Although I wouldn't recommend it. Also, you only need to be an officer to take a team into clan battles, so recruiter is enough for that.

Can you have more than 5 ?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,117 posts
12,053 battles
54 minutes ago, Labedoyere said:

Can you have more than 5 ?

Yes you can, what part of as many as you want are up not getting?

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles
22 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I would like WG to make a Fleet Cmdr position. That person can host Clan Battles and that would be perfect for the casual clans that don't have a Clan Battle roster of who can play or not.

[AOD_A]
[AOD_A]
Beta Testers
46 posts
1,500 battles

Can someone explain besides clan battles are not clan wars why they haven't sorted the clan management to be like tanks ? People who can do clan wars [your battle callers] people who can manage recruitment etc etc. 

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles
3 hours ago, Darkn3ssF4lls said:

Can someone explain besides clan battles are not clan wars why they haven't sorted the clan management to be like tanks ? People who can do clan wars [your battle callers] people who can manage recruitment etc etc. 

Right now there are three officer types. Cmdr who started the Clan. Deputy Cmdr who can do almost anything the Cmdr can, and Recruiter who can accept and recruit people. WG mentioned adding a Builder who can only build things. Many of us casual clans would like a Fleet Cmdr position so they can host Clan Battles, but nothing from WG if they will add such a position.

[KSC]
Members
45 posts
15,481 battles
On 1/12/2019 at 7:19 AM, Kizarvexis said:

Right now there are three officer types. Cmdr who started the Clan. Deputy Cmdr who can do almost anything the Cmdr can, and Recruiter who can accept and recruit people. WG mentioned adding a Builder who can only build things. Many of us casual clans would like a Fleet Cmdr position so they can host Clan Battles, but nothing from WG if they will add such a position.

We will often temporarily assign people the 'Recruiter' position so they can start a Clan Battles div on nights that myself and the DCs aren't on, or if all of us are in the same div.  All of our regulars are responsible enough to take care of that and trustworthy enough not to screw up anything in port or with the roster.  If you have a decent crew of players there isn't much harm in assigning lots of Recruiters IMO.

[-V1-]
Members
198 posts
5,042 battles

BUT where is all this written down about How Many Deputy Commanders and Recruiters and what exactly powers do they have?    That is the question that needs to be answered.    Otherwise, we are simply going on well-intentioned, perhaps spot on accurate, information but with no documented basis, or support.      It is hard to believe there is not a set of rules for Clans that lay all this out clearly.

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles
On 1/14/2019 at 5:00 PM, Borla78 said:

We will often temporarily assign people the 'Recruiter' position so they can start a Clan Battles div on nights that myself and the DCs aren't on, or if all of us are in the same div.  All of our regulars are responsible enough to take care of that and trustworthy enough not to screw up anything in port or with the roster.  If you have a decent crew of players there isn't much harm in assigning lots of Recruiters IMO.

Anyone who was interested in playing Clan Battles in PvE was made at least a Recruiter, so that anyone who is likely to play can host a Clan Battle.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:30 PM, dbw86 said:

BUT where is all this written down about How Many Deputy Commanders and Recruiters and what exactly powers do they have?    That is the question that needs to be answered.    Otherwise, we are simply going on well-intentioned, perhaps spot on accurate, information but with no documented basis, or support.      It is hard to believe there is not a set of rules for Clans that lay all this out clearly.

Searching on Clan in the wiki, gives the WoT how to create a clan. WoWs is largely similar, but with less features.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Clans  WoWs Clan wiki page http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Clans

Here is the page about Clan Battles.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Clan_Battles

Here is the page about Naval Base 2.0.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Naval_Base

Edited by Kizarvexis

[PSP]
Members
6,683 posts
9,790 battles
On 1/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Yes you can, what part of as many as you want are up not getting?

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
215 posts
4,394 battles

BUT where is all this written down about How Many Deputy Commanders and Recruiters and what exactly powers do they have?    That is the question that needs to be answered.

Other than what Kizarvexis referred to not that I am aware of. DCs can build, take a div into CB, recruit, boot anyone other than DC or above or disband the clan. The details of the responsibilities of the ranks are an internal matter of each clan. You had best talk with your clan commander as to the bounds of your responsibility.

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles

42 minutes ago, Pigpen_721 said:

Other than what Kizarvexis referred to not that I am aware of. DCs can build, take a div into CB, recruit, boot anyone other than DC or above or disband the clan. The details of the responsibilities of the ranks are an internal matter of each clan. You had best talk with your clan commander as to the bounds of your responsibility.

Yeah, definitely talk to your clan Cmdr about what the clan wants officers to do. PvE clan has two Deputy Cmdr's and a bunch of Recruiters. Anyone who is a Recruiter can host clan battles, but I handle the adding and removing members as we have a waiting list. You also have to not play for 84 days before I figure you gave up on the game. Our two Deputy Cmdr's are back ups for me and I periodically update them on the waiting list. They can also update the daily message and we all work together to resolve problems. 

If you are the Clan Cmdr, then you can set the rules as you like within WG's overall rules.