Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CommodoreKang

A Thank You to WG

5 comments in this topic

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
399 posts
4,578 battles

So, when WG took my beloved Cleveland away, I was totally distraught.  For whatever reason, that was always my favorite ship and Tier VI was the most comfortable tier for me to play a cruiser the way I like.  Running and gunning (and hiding as necessary ofc).  I never really like TIer X for all the common reasons.  But I made the leap to the DM and got the legendary and I've fallen in love once again.  Some very upset people on the red teams seem to hate it but I try not to let that get me down.  

But, essentially, what I wanted the most to replace what I'd lost in the Tier VI Cleve was maneuverability and the ability to get out of trouble as well as not just sit behind an island the whole game. And, WG, you gave that to me.

And for that, I am thankful.  I'm sure it wasn't my particular postings that were heard but I do feel like I was heard and that's pretty cool.  Thanks again.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,842 battles

The Des Moines is a fun ship, I just don't play her much. I too loved the Cleveland and was miffed when they moved her up. My very first game in the "new" Cleveland I was attacked by the enemy carrier. I saw the bombers coming, laughed to myself thinking how foolish and selected them as targets. When they got in range, activated my Def AA and expected the usual plane slaughter... I got blapped with bombs, set on fire twice, and lost half my health from the two squads that arrived one after the other, and all I got was one or two planes ( I forget, think it was one). I knew then that carriers had lost all respect for the old girl and my world was never the same... The DM does a pretty good job of slaughtering planes but I will miss my tier 6 Cleveland.

[KAPPA]
Members
358 posts
4,642 battles

Cleveland was easily my favorite cruiser for a long time. She and Texas are some of my favorite AA ships just because of how few there are at those tiers. I swear WG would make a fortune off of a premium T6 Cleveland. T6 really doesn't have any good AA ships anymore. At T5 you have Texas, at T7, Atlanta, but what even is there at T6? A gaping hole where that missing ship once floated. That's all there is. I scoured the tier for ships that could pull it off, but nothing even comes close to her excellence.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
399 posts
4,578 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The Des Moines is a fun ship, I just don't play her much. I too loved the Cleveland and was miffed when they moved her up. My very first game in the "new" Cleveland I was attacked by the enemy carrier. I saw the bombers coming, laughed to myself thinking how foolish and selected them as targets. When they got in range, activated my Def AA and expected the usual plane slaughter... I got blapped with bombs, set on fire twice, and lost half my health from the two squads that arrived one after the other, and all I got was one or two planes ( I forget, think it was one). I knew then that carriers had lost all respect for the old girl and my world was never the same... The DM does a pretty good job of slaughtering planes but I will miss my tier 6 Cleveland.

Yeah, it's funny.  I still remember the youtube video of closed beta Cleveland gameplay that got me interested in this game.  It was love at first sight..lol.  I loved her all through the post launch nerfpocalypse when you could burn down a New Mexico like it champion and then fire hundreds of rounds at T8 anything and watch them all shatter where an angry glance from them and you're heading back to the lobby.

But, it was always a beast in the AA dept, though that's a whole nother story...

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
399 posts
4,578 battles
34 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Cleveland was easily my favorite cruiser for a long time. She and Texas are some of my favorite AA ships just because of how few there are at those tiers. I swear WG would make a fortune off of a premium T6 Cleveland. T6 really doesn't have any good AA ships anymore. At T5 you have Texas, at T7, Atlanta, but what even is there at T6? A gaping hole where that missing ship once floated. That's all there is. I scoured the tier for ships that could pull it off, but nothing even comes close to her excellence.

Yeah.  As much as it would pain me from a philosophical perspective, I probably would pay for an old school Cleveland.  Definitely miss the T6 gameplay.  Some good cruisers there but nothing that I'd play consistently beyond leveling a line.

Sign in to follow this