Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psychedelium

How to evade AA-guns in new CV gameplay?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
11 posts
750 battles

Hello,

I just started playing the new CV gameplay, and I have wondered, how can you EVADE AA-guns to actually make fine hits?

Everytime I try to make an attack run, the AA-guns on enemy ships gets my planes easily....

 

Sincarely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,505
[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles

The last time I played...

Use dive bombers and zig zag in front or behind the ship, because it's long range AA sectors can only be boosted to the sides.

With torpedo bombers, run over to the other side of the ship and torp from that side, because the AA sectors can't be switched before the TB can cross over and drop.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,961
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,235 posts
8,382 battles

just press left and right, change course every few seconds. Burst AA (the black clouds) is very simple, and easy to avoid if you do this. (Makes a mockery in fact, of rework AA mechanics). On the other hand, at the opposite extreme, close range AA is unavoidable.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
26 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

just press left and right, change course every few seconds. Burst AA (the black clouds) is very simple, and easy to avoid if you do this. (Makes a mockery in fact, of rework AA mechanics). On the other hand, at the opposite extreme, close range AA is unavoidable.

Literally the A and D keys. Or mouse. If you see a black puff avoid it before it disappears/especially if it does.

Close-up AA though that's another story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles

I have a 100% working solution for that problem OP. It's even working on the current situation. Don't play CV.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[FYL]
Members
660 posts
2,671 battles

Just press left and right at random or make a slight curve. It's a predictive algorithm it seems so basically waving your rudder (to compare it to ship controls) so the auto tracking gets confused. Don't actually try to just avoid specific clouds, that causes you to go in a straight line too long at times in my experience. 

 

Sometimes the flak clouds don't appear though so you won't see that you are about to take damage. Also as LoveBote mentioned close up AA is just a DoT, there's no actual object to avoid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[DOG]
Members
635 posts
7,761 battles
4 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

The last time I played...

Use dive bombers and zig zag in front or behind the ship, because it's long range AA sectors can only be boosted to the sides.

With torpedo bombers, run over to the other side of the ship and torp from that side, because the AA sectors can't be switched before the TB can cross over and drop.

Seriously?  Torpedo bombers can fly over the ship form the opposite direction, turn around, and drop their fish before the AA can switch sides?  Ouch.  Or are you talking about TBs flying at the  bow or stern, and only slightly on one side or the other before switching?  In other words, not flying directly over the top of the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,505
[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles

Yes, TB can fly over the AA fields and drop on the weak side before they switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,358
[RLGN]
Members
10,704 posts
19,847 battles
3 hours ago, LoveBote said:

just press left and right, change course every few seconds. Burst AA (the black clouds) is very simple, and easy to avoid if you do this. (Makes a mockery in fact, of rework AA mechanics). On the other hand, at the opposite extreme, close range AA is unavoidable.

That players are mastering this and are already striking ships like it’s nothing is one of the reasons I’ve said WG is just trading one set of skill gap producing twitch skills for another.

One team will get a player who can avoid AA and produce damage; the other one who just gets their planes murdered and can’t.

Sounds mighty familiar if you ask me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[FYL]
Members
660 posts
2,671 battles
18 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Seriously?  Torpedo bombers can fly over the ship form the opposite direction, turn around, and drop their fish before the AA can switch sides?  Ouch.  Or are you talking about TBs flying at the  bow or stern, and only slightly on one side or the other before switching?  In other words, not flying directly over the top of the ship.

Yea its pretty easy to negate the enemy's AA bubble, especially since if they are using the shield pop up screen (not sure what its called), since it stands out and may only get you once. You can usually tell before you even get to their AA aura because of the volume of sound. Worst case scenario you lose a plane and then switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
[ASRN]
Beta Testers
416 posts
3,592 battles

Just practice.  You'll  get it.  People are already dev striking with Hoshos and Langleys on a regular basis now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,333
[_-_]
Members
2,114 posts
5 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

I have a 100% working solution for that problem OP. It's even working on the current situation. Don't play CV.

You beat me to it. :Smile_medal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[NUWES]
Members
2,297 posts
7,295 battles
6 hours ago, Psychedelium said:

Hello,

I just started playing the new CV gameplay, and I have wondered, how can you EVADE AA-guns to actually make fine hits?

Everytime I try to make an attack run, the AA-guns on enemy ships gets my planes easily....

 

Sincarely.

Sometimes you can't.  Some AA ships can put up such dense clouds you can't really evade them all. It's the same as with surface ships, sometimes you can't dodge the incoming ordinance. You can usually evade and minimize but you may not be able to avoid them all especially if the ship is good at AA and specced for it. Worcester (not surprisingly) can throw up really nasty AA screens. Also AA will likely get stronger when the game goes live. The stuff on the test server isn't completely set up like it will be when all the changes go live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×