You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
timinindiana

Losing intrest

115 comments in this topic

[AOI]
Members
172 posts
10,948 battles

I am losing interest in this game..Just got back on after getting off for a week and what do I get but a statistically impossible losing streak. Lost 13 out of 15 games..The truth is I realized after a astonishing losing streak of around 30 straight games in my Giulio where WG took me from a 70% WL after 300 games to a 54% WL with in less than two weeks,,After that unbelievable losing streak I continued to lose 90% of games in Giulio until I leveled off around 54% WL%.I knew then something about this game was not right..During that losing streak my damage output and average ships sunk per game only reduced a fraction but the losses piled up until I was knocked down into the 50% percentile for WL average in Giulio and now I win half my games in her if I'm lucky..Another reason I am going to play less is because I am just tired of the losing and winning streaks along with the one sided games that end with winning or losing by one team or another with the losing team just being wiped out and the winning team having lost 1 or 2 ships only..Used to enjoy those close games win or lose but those our few and far between anymore..One other point wow is ruining this game in this effort to make all ship classes have the ability to be evenly matched..For example today I watched a DD with guns only from smoke take a Warspite from full health to less than 30% health before that BB limped out of range..That is not uncommon to see anymore and I like playing DD too but that is just over the top for me..I have seen this accelerated need by WG to bring ship classes to an even playing field and less effort to make players understand what role each ship is made for..I also see this same effort applied to ships in each tier..By that I mean if one ship preforms a little better or worse as others in the same tier and class then by all means WG cannot have that lets make them all perform the same..Whats the point of all this well its not for players to learn anything by say team work or understanding of a ships strengths or weaknesses or maybe give DDs more points for scouting and taking caps and BBs more points for longer range hits no WGs solution is to make ships have all the same ability against each other and to hell with what roles a ship should play even if it means a DD can lay waste to a battleship with those tiny guns or a battleship shooting down 40 planes in one game and rendering  a CV useless I will not even talk about radar and all the while keeping 99% of players withing narrow 48 and 52% W/L ratio through win and loss streaks via matchmaking..I understand the need to tweak those things that our obviously OP or game breaking but leave the rest alone..What do I want WG to do..How about new maps,game types,and the ability to customize your captain with many more skill types..How about being able to add or remove more upgrades and ammo types that stay authentic for each ship..Give us more ships and options to customize our ships and crew so we have some control over our ships ability to perform..

In closing WG needs to stop trying so hard to make every ship and class have the exact same damage output potential and concentrate on making the game more interesting by adding the ability to customize our ships and crew along with more game types and more maps.I also would like to see ranked game type all the time for tier 4 and above....That way you can play random or ranked anytime you want then base matchmaking off each players rank skill and for gods sake leave them within 1 tier of the ship they our playing...Dump the worst TK penalty system I have seen and make the ability for players to team up after games more friendly and easy in random and ranked games. Unless things change I will be reducing my game time on WOW as it is becoming to predictable and with very few game types and maps mundane and repetitive..I was off wow for a week and after tonight it will be two weeks..I hope everyone who reads this understands I have enjoyed this game until the last few months and with the numbers I am seeing on the NA servers the changes WG is concentrating on our not working if there goal is to increase and maintain the player base..No more excuses for this game our left for me....Peace and happy holidays to all

See ya later

timinindiana  =V=

shot-18.11.27_23.16.38-0147.jpg

shot-18.11.28_01.33.57-0629.jpg

Edited by timinindiana
spelling
  • Cool 14
  • Boring 4

[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles

Hey OP. I know how you're feeling. 

I saw a few things which we all have from time to time. Losing streaks are part of the deal. Everybody gets them and they are totally for free. You haven't become a bad player overnight. Seeing your stats you're doing fine otherwise.

Guileo Ceasare. I know: you're supposed to highly like that ship because the CC's say it is. Well I find it one of the most aweful trolls in the game. My matches with it were the definition of all or nothing. FFS that dispersion! More often than not I manage to land my shells perfectly around a target. Which in itself is kind of miraculous to behold if it wasn't that frustrating. Yes its stealthy and fast but that's it. The other BB"s in T5 at least can take a punch without getting to 10% HP in one salvo most of the times. This piece of junk? No such thing. Any BB looking funny at you makes you regret pressing the "battle button."

I don't get WG's striving to mediocre on everything as well. When a ship is performing nicely it's either getting banned or nerfed to the ground. Take Impregnator f.e. Deemed op. Well I'd love to take out on 1 with a CV or a fast moving gunboat on close range. See how OP it is then. Instead of challenging people to think of counters (which exist for all ships) it seems WG like to wreck them instead. If someone could explain that ratio to me I'd love to hear it

My advice: take a time out. See if wows appeals to you later. IMO every game will have its point where one doesn't like it anymore. Hence I don't believe in game addiction: sooner or later a game will get old on you.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
4,223 posts
15,313 battles

The OP lost me at the 2nd paragraph... I amost feel like he loves WT (WOWS compatition) then our game it self.

• The TK system is working fine as intended. Pink gets people attention real quick
  • MM based on rank is a very bad suggestion... Rank is not about skill, its about the ability to tolerate the grind
  • Not all matches are going to be close wins or loses, but those are the games we want

IF its just you lost the spark then I wish you well. I dont think the above mentioned issues in your OP are the real reason as to why you want to depart. I wish you well in whatever game you end up playing. 

It happens to all in our gaming experience. TO depart or not to depart that is the question

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,542 posts
6,384 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

The OP lost me at the 2nd paragraph... I amost feel like he loves WT (WOWS compatition) then our game it self.

• The TK system is working fine as intended. Pink gets people attention real quick
  • MM based on rank is a very bad suggestion... Rank is not about skill, its about the ability to tolerate the grind
  • Not all matches are going to be close wins or loses, but those are the games we want

IF its just you lost the spark then I wish you well. I dont think the above mentioned issues in your OP are the real reason as to why you want to depart. I wish you well in whatever game you end up playing. 

It happens to all in our gaming experience. TO depart or not to depart that is the question

"Paragraph" being a very loose term for the OPs post. Wall Of Text is more fitting. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
4,223 posts
15,313 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

"Paragraph" being a very loose term for the OPs post. Wall Of Text is more fitting. 

lol usually I disagree with you, not this time Plus one lol it made me laugh

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,232 posts
8,374 battles
1 hour ago, timinindiana said:

I am losing interest in this game..Just got back on after getting off for a week and what do I get but a statistically impossible losing streak. Lost 13 out of 15 games..The truth is I realized after a astonishing losing streak of around 30 straight games in my Giulio where WG took me from a 70% WL after 300 games to a 54% WL with in less than two weeks,,After that unbelievable losing streak I continued to lose 90% of games in Giulio until I leveled off around 54% WL%.

Tim, as you are the first to mention your own W/L or winrates, I assume it is ok to look at your stats and discuss them. In the past 3 weeks, as far as I can see, you have only played a dozen battles. So why make your post now, 3 weeks after your losing streak?

The second observation I'll make is that you focus on tier 5 and 6 battles, mostly cruisers and bbs. Of your battles at the beginning of November (roughly 150) I also assume they were nearly all Giulio Cesare, going by what you have stated. Now, that is a lot of battles, in one ship, in a short space of time. (14 days), such a losing streak is very unlikely to be the fault of your teams, or other players.

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
11,942 posts
7,585 battles
2 hours ago, timinindiana said:

See ya later

timinindiana  =V=

See you back here whenever you finally realise that Win Rate is not the be all and end all of this game.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[GOFU]
Members
923 posts
9,670 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

See you back here whenever you finally realise that Win Rate is not the be all and end all of this game.

Try and tell that to all the stat padding try hards....

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
5,691 battles

I hope you realize that in a game of this type, w/r isn't everything.  You cannot control the other players, all you can do is your best.  I had a terrible w/r this weekend, but I still had fun putting steel on steel and blowing up pixel boats.

This is from Sunday only :)

wtfover.thumb.png.fb2a66937ea555a75d1a0e4a8b8c50d0.png

• Cool 2

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
10 hours ago, timinindiana said:

I

Spoiler

am losing interest in this game..Just got back on after getting off for a week and what do I get but a statistically impossible losing streak. Lost 13 out of 15 games..The truth is I realized after a astonishing losing streak of around 30 straight games in my Giulio where WG took me from a 70% WL after 300 games to a 54% WL with in less than two weeks,,After that unbelievable losing streak I continued to lose 90% of games in Giulio until I leveled off around 54% WL%.I knew then something about this game was not right..During that losing streak my damage output and average ships sunk per game only reduced a fraction but the losses piled up until I was knocked down into the 50% percentile for WL average in Giulio and now I win half my games in her if I'm lucky..Another reason I am going to play less is because I am just tired of the losing and winning streaks along with the one sided games that end with winning or losing by one team or another with the losing team just being wiped out and the winning team having lost 1 or 2 ships only..Used to enjoy those close games win or lose but those our few and far between anymore..One other point wow is ruining this game in this effort to make all ship classes have the ability to be evenly matched..For example today I watched a DD with guns only from smoke take a Warspite from full health to less than 30% health before that BB limped out of range..That is not uncommon to see anymore and I like playing DD too but that is just over the top for me..I have seen this accelerated need by WG to bring ship classes to an even playing field and less effort to make players understand what role each ship is made for..I also see this same effort applied to ships in each tier..By that I mean if one ship preforms a little better or worse as others in the same tier and class then by all means WG cannot have that lets make them all perform the same..Whats the point of all this well its not for players to learn anything by say team work or understanding of a ships strengths or weaknesses or maybe give DDs more points for scouting and taking caps and BBs more points for longer range hits no WGs solution is to make ships have all the same ability against each other and to hell with what roles a ship should play even if it means a DD can lay waste to a battleship with those tiny guns or a battleship shooting down 40 planes in one game and rendering  a CV useless I will not even talk about radar and all the while keeping 99% of players withing narrow 48 and 52% W/L ratio through win and loss streaks via matchmaking..I understand the need to tweak those things that our obviously OP or game breaking but leave the rest alone..What do I want WG to do..How about new maps,game types,and the ability to customize your captain with many more skill types..How about being able to add or remove more upgrades and ammo types that stay authentic for each ship..Give us more ships and options to customize our ships and crew so we have some control over our ships ability to perform..

In closing WG needs to stop trying so hard to make every ship and class have the exact same damage output potential and concentrate on making the game more interesting by adding the ability to customize our ships and crew along with more game types and more maps.I also would like to see ranked game type all the time for tier 4 and above....That way you can play random or ranked anytime you want then base matchmaking off each players rank skill and for gods sake leave them within 1 tier of the ship they our playing...Dump the worst TK penalty system I have seen and make the ability for players to team up after games more friendly and easy in random and ranked games. Unless things change I will be reducing my game time on WOW as it is becoming to predictable and with very few game types and maps mundane and repetitive..I was off wow for a week and after tonight it will be two weeks..I hope everyone who reads this understands I have enjoyed this game until the last few months and with the numbers I am seeing on the NA servers the changes WG is concentrating on our not working if there goal is to increase and maintain the player base..No more excuses for this game our left for me....Peace and happy holidays to all

See ya later

timinindiana  =V=

21 of my last 26 battles in the Cossack have been tier 10. I'm right there with you dude. I uninstalled and am now playing other games that have a coherent thought process to the MM and life is good. 18K battles and over $4,000 spent and WGing finally ran me off I'm done with this game.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

Members
1,928 posts
8,337 battles

This is why W/L should be removed and individual players rewarded upon their performance. I remember lots of battles where I was out doing my thing, look up from my latest kill and my entire "team" has disappeared. 

To call this a "team" game at all is a misnomer. We do not have teams, merely collections of individuals each pursuing a shared objective in his own way. There is very little in the way of cooperation, communication or strategy. Everybody goes out to get what they can, and if the group wins it's as much luck as anything else. 

• Cool 5

[KRAK]
Members
2,685 posts
17,354 battles
4 hours ago, timinindiana said:

I am losing interest in this game..Just got back on after getting off for a week and what do I get but a statistically impossible losing streak. Lost 13 out of 15 games..The truth is I realized after a astonishing losing streak of around 30 straight games in my Giulio where WG took me from a 70% WL after 300 games to a 54% WL with in less than two weeks,,After that unbelievable losing streak I continued to lose 90% of games in Giulio until I leveled off around 54% WL%.I knew then something about this game was not right..During that losing streak my damage output and average ships sunk per game only reduced a fraction but the losses piled up until I was knocked down into the 50% percentile for WL average in Giulio and now I win half my games in her if I'm lucky..Another reason I am going to play less is because I am just tired of the losing and winning streaks along with the one sided games that end with winning or losing by one team or another with the losing team just being wiped out and the winning team having lost 1 or 2 ships only..Used to enjoy those close games win or lose but those our few and far between anymore..One other point wow is ruining this game in this effort to make all ship classes have the ability to be evenly matched..For example today I watched a DD with guns only from smoke take a Warspite from full health to less than 30% health before that BB limped out of range..That is not uncommon to see anymore and I like playing DD too but that is just over the top for me..I have seen this accelerated need by WG to bring ship classes to an even playing field and less effort to make players understand what role each ship is made for..I also see this same effort applied to ships in each tier..By that I mean if one ship preforms a little better or worse as others in the same tier and class then by all means WG cannot have that lets make them all perform the same..Whats the point of all this well its not for players to learn anything by say team work or understanding of a ships strengths or weaknesses or maybe give DDs more points for scouting and taking caps and BBs more points for longer range hits no WGs solution is to make ships have all the same ability against each other and to hell with what roles a ship should play even if it means a DD can lay waste to a battleship with those tiny guns or a battleship shooting down 40 planes in one game and rendering  a CV useless I will not even talk about radar and all the while keeping 99% of players withing narrow 48 and 52% W/L ratio through win and loss streaks via matchmaking..I understand the need to tweak those things that our obviously OP or game breaking but leave the rest alone..What do I want WG to do..How about new maps,game types,and the ability to customize your captain with many more skill types..How about being able to add or remove more upgrades and ammo types that stay authentic for each ship..Give us more ships and options to customize our ships and crew so we have some control over our ships ability to perform..

See ya later

timinindiana  =V=

So let me see if I read this right. A DD was able to damage you in your BB and now your upset. Never heard this before.

• Boring 2

[187]
Members
1,487 posts
8,369 battles

Good points in all that text people...sorry OP, some here prob didn't finish the 8th grade so all the reading is difficult for them. DD's damage from guns prob needs to be reduced by 75% it is absurd a DD can hound a BB it is totally unrealistic. I agree every ship needs to have strengths and weaknesses. That is what makes them "Different", I am not sure wargaming gets it that the balance is that there is no balance,  life is not balanced....hum just watched the Matrix trilogy this holiday weekend...I'm having a dejavu with the architect and the oracle scenarios. 

Go see the Oracle NEO...and remember...there is no spoon.

Image result for matrix oracle

Edited by C_D
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[_-_]
Members
2,114 posts
6 hours ago, timinindiana said:

No more excuses for this game our left for me

I feel your pain, but every MMO I've ever played goes through phases of being a total sh!tshow due to  both screwy devs and n00b players. Holidays always fill the root cellar with fresh potatoes.

Take a good break and let things settle down. A lot of us are kinda treading water (shameless pun gleefully intended) to see how the CV Fiasco Rework shakes out, among other things.

Enjoy your holidays, and come back. We'll be here. Well, hopefully.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,594 posts
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

21 of my last 26 battles in the Cossack have been tier 10. I'm right there with you dude. I uninstalled and am now playing other games that have a coherent thought process to the MM and life is good. 18K battles and over $4,000 spent and WGing finally ran me off I'm done with this game.

Sorry to see your battle total of 18,658 won't reach the 20k mark.  That's like 45k games in tanks.

Members
1,193 posts
2,399 battles
2 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

This is why W/L should be removed and individual players rewarded upon their performance. I remember lots of battles where I was out doing my thing, look up from my latest kill and my entire "team" has disappeared. 

To call this a "team" game at all is a misnomer. We do not have teams, merely collections of individuals each pursuing a shared objective in his own way. There is very little in the way of cooperation, communication or strategy. Everybody goes out to get what they can, and if the group wins it's as much luck as anything else. 

WG insistence on damage being the most rewarding is the main culprit as to why it not really a team game. It is more of a rat race competing with other players instead. Only in ops do I even see a shred of real teamwork.

Edited by Krupp_Sabot
  • Cool 2

[TIMT]
Supertester
526 posts

Holy wall of text Batman.  All I can offer is their are fun, good changes and events on the horizon starting with Christmas.  Take a week off, no one says you have to be here everyday, even in Supertest we have burnout from all the things we test and will take a break, or sit a round out.  It happens in every game eventually, but hope to see you back sailing soon!

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
689 posts
1,785 battles
2 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

Which is why I've advocated for ingame team VOIP...they have it in other PvP games...why not this one?

OP...not to disparage your skills, but it seems to me 70% WL in the Giulio is unusually high for a ship with a statistical norm of 56%, so perhaps the previous good luck streak has broken and you're settling closer to the norm for that ship and for your own overall WL rate.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
2,685 posts
17,354 battles
2 hours ago, C_D said:

Good points in all that text people...sorry OP, some here prob didn't finish the 8th grade so all the reading is difficult for them. DD's damage from guns prob needs to be reduced by 75% it is absurd a DD can hound a BB it is totally unrealistic

Spoken like a true BB main.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[187]
Members
1,487 posts
8,369 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Spoken like a true BB main.

In that you can't read?

...o that a lil tiny teenie little DD should be able to hound a BB until it runs...beyond absurd...I however do not run, my secondaries keel DD's like a hot knife thru butter along with radio location....it's kinda fun to watch a DD squirm when he realizes I know where he is. 

• Cool 2