You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
christopher_col_18

Mejash's Video: Let's Talk about Steel

95 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
5,635 battles

Mejash tonight released a video where he talked about how rare steel is and World of Warship's doing an event this winter where you will be able to receive steel for completing tasks or even maybe outright purchasing it. He made the point that steel is a hard resource to get and that the player base is upset about it being so hard to acquire.  I personally have always understood that some resources would be harder to get then others so there would be ships I would not be able to get for quite awhile or never; ie Stalingrad. He brought up the idea where WoWs could have a ship of the month that you would be able to buy for the resources you have or save up the resources if you knew it was going to released for that month, Kinda how they announced that the IJN Musashi and the CCCP Kronshtadt. I personally think it would be an alright idea if they did that but I am also okay with them keeping rare or hard to get ships that way. 

Thoughs?

Here is a link to the video: 

• Cool 5

Members
2,255 posts

First off, there shouldn't be all these currency's in game. Second, everyone should have access to all ships. No one should be forced into a clan or a certain event/mode.

• Cool 12

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
27 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

First off, there shouldn't be all these currency's in game. Second, everyone should have access to all ships. No one should be forced into a clan or a certain event/mode.

Thirdly, propose a reward for high-tier competitive and/or coordinated play. Go on, do it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,255 posts
19 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Thirdly, propose a reward for high-tier competitive and/or coordinated play. Go on, do it.

Sorry you feel so entitled. Rewards can be doubloons, exclusive perm camos, Free XP and other items of value like premium time.

Edited by MorbidGamer
  • Cool 6

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
7 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Sorry you feel so entitled. Rewards can be doubloons, exclusive perm camos, Free XP and other items of value like premium time.

There's absolutely zero entitlement to that, no matter if I'm saying it or some other screwball at Tier 10 is.

I see your edit now. Yes, there *has* to be some incentive for high tier competitive/coordinated play.

But what keeps more people around? Especially after all this time?

I've been gone for 2 years otherwise I'd be up there with the rest of em.. so I still have areas to work on that keeps me from being bored. I couldn't imagine having every ship in the game and wonder wth do I do?

WAIT for CW? I ain't about to play the toxic mess that ranked is(again).

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles
17 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

LOL well it has been said over and over again in the forums, you should play for the fun of it all. The glory of the competition and knowing you fought your best...… You shouldn't need any rewards.

It is fairly simple, pay out more steel for those modes that Wargaming wants played like Ranked or CW... This isn't rocket science, fairly easy to gronk. When steel was first announced I said here in the forums that Wargaming would find a way to monetize it. I suggested it would be included in ship bundles to attract purchases but got that wrong. Selling a "steel mission" is actually a good idea and I am all for it. Doing that makes Wargaming money and makes a significant  portion of the player base happy whether they buy or not. I hope they sell more missions, not necessarily resource related, later on down the road. The vanity flag missions were a bust because they cost so much money so few players bought them. It shouldn't cost you $10+ to get a silly vanity flag....

Competitive play should be rewarded with more steel (let them pick their rewards) and special camos. Flags are always a good idea, anything cosmetic. Exclusive ships/vehicle should never be a thing unless you want to divide the player base.

If ships are going to be exclusively rewards for competitive play, fine, keep them there. Do not allow them into the other modes especially if they are considered OP like the Stalingrad.

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

LOL well it has been said over and over again in the forums, you should play for the fun of it all. The glory of the competition and knowing you fought your best...… You shouldn't need any rewards.

If I have to set my IRL schedule around a bunch of other screwballs and coordinate with them for time, compared to just pressing a button then....

Sometimes thats like herding cats. Or a freaking job. I used to help manage a 'clan' here of 300 people if ya'll remember how big the original FOG/FBS/etc was.

And that was BEFORE CW was a thing and before clan-tags existed.

[INTEL]
Members
1,429 posts
11,775 battles
15 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Actually you're the one feeling entitled. Wg never promised you access to every ship just because you wanted them.

You want a tech tree ship: grind it

You want a reg premium: pay for it with cash from your paycheck, SS check, or ebt card

You want a premium that requires special resources: put in the time and effort to get good enough. Dont have the time? Tough. Are good enough but dont want to make the effort? Tough.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles
10 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

If I have to set my IRL schedule around a bunch of other screwballs and coordinate with them for time, compared to just pressing a button then....

Sometimes thats like herding cats. Or a freaking job. I used to help manage a 'clan' here of 300 people if ya'll remember how big the original FOG/FBS/etc was.

And that was BEFORE CW was a thing and before clan-tags existed.

You are not supposed to have a life, you should quit your job, dump the family and play the game until you die alone and stuck to your chair in front of the monitor, mouse held in a death grip.....

But yeah scheduling can be a problem for many and you literally made me LOL with "herding cats". I am in a clan of solo players, talk about herding cats.....

Edit: Forgot one thing. The game does feel a bit like a job more often than not. I do feel the fun slipping away and the monotony of the same old thing over and over sets in.

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
2,255 posts
11 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Actually you're the one feeling entitled. Wg never promised you access to every ship just because you wanted them.

You want a tech tree ship: grind it

You want a reg premium: pay for it with cash from your paycheck, SS check, or ebt card

You want a premium that requires special resources: put in the time and effort to get good enough. Dont have the time? Tough. Are good enough but dont want to make the effort? Tough.

Sorry you feel that I am entitled... When I believe everyone should have access to ships. That's actually not what entitled means... But you know entitled people really don't understand what that means.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Members
2,255 posts
28 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

There's absolutely zero entitlement to that, no matter if I'm saying it or some other screwball at Tier 10 is.

I see your edit now. Yes, there *has* to be some incentive for high tier competitive/coordinated play.

But what keeps more people around? Especially after all this time?

I've been gone for 2 years otherwise I'd be up there with the rest of em.. so I still have areas to work on that keeps me from being bored. I couldn't imagine having every ship in the game and wonder wth do I do?

WAIT for CW? I ain't about to play the toxic mess that ranked is(again).

Then you should be happy with this then...

5,000 Doubloons
375,000 Free XP
2,000,000 Commander XP
30 Days Premium Time
10 Super Containers
1 Exclusive Perm Camo.
100 of Each Combat Flag.
25 of Each Economic/XP Flag.

Instead of a hard to get ship.

[INTEL]
Members
1,429 posts
11,775 battles
1 minute ago, MorbidGamer said:

Sorry you feel that I am entitled... When I believe everyone should have access to ships. That's actually not what entitled means... But you know entitled people really don't understand what that means.

I didn't say you were entitled. I said you're the one feeling entitled. Reading comprehension.

Here's the diff between feeling entitled and someone who doesn't.

You feel you should have access to every ship in the game regardless of you effort or skill level. That's feeling entitled.

I understand I don't have the combination of time and skill required to get certain ships. I'm ok with that. That's the opposite of feeling entitled.

Can we consider your English lesson complete now?

• Cool 2

Members
2,255 posts
Just now, Ares1967 said:

I didn't say you were entitled. I said you're the one feeling entitled. Reading comprehension.

You feel you should have access to every ship in the game regardless of you effort or skill level. That's feeling entitled.

I understand I don't have the combination of time and skill required to get certain ships. I'm ok with that. That's the opposite of feeling entitled.

Can we consider your English lesson complete now?

Like I said you have no idea what entitled even means. 

Believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Clans getting special treatment. Exclusive ships... 

Yep, you'er a very entitled person.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles
1 minute ago, Ares1967 said:

I understand I don't have the combination of time and skill required to get certain ships. I'm ok with that. That's the opposite of feeling entitled

You know what is funny? I am going to get loads of steel and get one of the reward ships. It must drive elitists nuts that a scrub like me with a sub 50% win rate in PvP is going to get a ship that they had to work hard (by sitting on their buttocks and playing a video game) to acquire.  Couse I spend lots of my time actually working or with my family, or doing stuff to my home and property..... I am thinking of the Flint, she seems fun but maybe Stalingrad would be nice.. I should be able to scrounge up enough steel since I am going to buy that mission....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[INTEL]
Members
1,429 posts
11,775 battles
Just now, MorbidGamer said:

Like I said you have no idea what entitled even means. 

Believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Clans getting special treatment. Exclusive ships... 

Yep, you'er a very entitled person.

Partially correct. I'm in a clan and therefore have the "potential" to receive steel as a CB reward. My clan is new and small. We're unlikely to progress far. So unlikely to receive much steel. We're ok with that. 

You are under the impression that because you have a WG account you should get everything. That's "believing oneself to be inherently deserving." Again you lose.

Don't play logic games with me. You'll lose every time.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
18 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

2,000,000 Commander XP

That's the only thing I'd drool over since I took a 2 year hiatus and am behind the curve on power-creep...

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
465 posts
14,714 battles

Whether you play ranked or CB, you are participating and helping your team win against equally skilled (or unskilled) players. This "teamplay with strangers" is something rare and awesome in a multiplayer team game. Good players who help others and distinguish themselves as an asset to the team should be justly rewarded. What better way to do so than with steel reward ships?

Zoup (NoZoupForYou) was right about one thing: if anyone can get their hands on a highly prestigious reward, why bother giving that award? Stalingrad is highly desired because it is rare and hard to get. If everyone can get it, then it's not special anymore. What's more, clan battles and ranked would not be worth the effort anymore.

Free exp? We got loads from just playing CB. Premium time? For what, more exp, when every CB player has tier 10 ships? Don't even start on credits. It's more common than saltwater. Keep steel the way it is; limited to special events and competitive play. Steel is meant to reward players who dedicate their time to the game and help others accomplish in game goals. Don't make it go the way of the other currencies.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,429 posts
11,775 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

That's great. I honestly hope you enjoy whatever ship you pick. 

Beta Testers
1,746 posts
3,864 battles
1 hour ago, MorbidGamer said:

100% agree with you. All Wargaming is doing is making it addicting to play ranked and clan battles for steel ships. Said it was a bad idea and yet no one rallied.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles
7 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Zoup (NoZoupForYou) was right about one thing: if anyone can get their hands on a highly prestigious reward, why bother giving that award? Stalingrad is highly desired because it is rare and hard to get. If everyone can get it, then it's not special anymore. What's more, clan battles and ranked would not be worth the effort anymore.

And Zoup is wrong, again. The ship is not just a reward, it is something that can be used to beat other players over the head. If all anyone wants is prestige, give them cosmetic flags/camos. I mean we are talking about prestige here. Exclusivity breeds contempt, exclusive ships will divide the player base. There is ZERO good reason to do this. Face it, if what Zoup said was true, then there would have been a raging hue and cry when steel was announced by the players who RANKED OUT to get their rewards and now their prestigious rewards are undermined by those players who lacked the skill or stamina to hit the first rank and only played Ranked. The hypocrisy is strong in this community. The division unneeded and the sense of elitism most disgusting and often undeserved.

Edited by Taylor3006

[TATER]
[TATER]
Beta Testers
56 posts
5 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

This should already be the case then, no? There are 50%ers with Stalingrads. Stalingrad is hard to get because it's locked behind an absurdly massive grind for most people, not because it's a prestigious award that requires skill

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles
Just now, xEvilReeperx said:

This should already be the case then, no? There are 50%ers with Stalingrads. Stalingrad is hard to get because it's locked behind an absurdly massive grind for most people, not because it's a prestigious award that requires skill

No No No Reep, it takes much skill to point the shootie things at the red floaty things....

Face it the people defending this are just being absurd. I suppose I should throw a fit because I used real money that I earned thru actual work, to buy Atago and some scrub gets one free from a loot crate... How dare they have access to paid material. Again the hypocrisy of the player base is strong.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles
33 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Partially correct. I'm in a clan and therefore have the "potential" to receive steel as a CB reward. My clan is new and small. We're unlikely to progress far. So unlikely to receive much steel. We're ok with that. 

You are under the impression that because you have a WG account you should get everything. That's "believing oneself to be inherently deserving." Again you lose.

Don't play logic games with me. You'll lose every time.

And you apparently have as little of a grasp on what logic means as you do on what entitlement means.

[INTEL]
Members
1,429 posts
11,775 battles
19 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Your statements in this thread are totally confusing.

You make accusations of elitism and beating players over the head, yet you outright state you'll enjoy doing it in return.

Here's the thing. Nobody can make you feel inferior, jealous, or envious other than you. Those are as much character flaws as touting your greatness because you have something few others do.

Nobody is going to beat me in a battle because they have Stalingrad, Black, etc. If I'm beat it's because they outplayed me. (Or RNG intervened) If they outplayed me because they are better, good on them. If they outplayed me because I messed up, guess I need to get better.