Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eisennagel

Virtual Gamers and Virtual YouTubers

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9,236 posts

We already have virtual idols like Miku, so what's the next step in virtual waifu technology?  Virtual YouTubers and Gamers!  Miku is so yesterday... There is something so weirdly entertaining to see an anime like character blowing away players in a game.  But that's not the only thing virtual YouTubers do --- they attack every subject just like human YouTubers do.

Ai Kizuna has been YT's sensation for 2017 and 2018.   With her popularity, its no surprise gaming companies pay her to do promo spots for their games, and Wargaming is among them.  Here she takes on World of Warships as part of paid promotion.  If you like anime captains in your warships, what if an anime character is playing the warship.

Like many of the games she's paid to promote, she ends up sucking badly at the game.  Still the game gets more than 245k views.

Here she takes on World of Tanks Blitz, gives new meaning to the phrase Girls und Panzer.

Started Azur Lance as a paid promotion, but Ai Kizuna seems to end up playing plenty of it anyway.  Gives you a weird Inception like vibe seeing an anime character playing an anime game.  

Introduces the English version of Azure Lane with a litany of Ingirisu.

Knives Out is very popular in Japan, I would think even over PUBG and Fortnite.  AI in general seems to suck at playing battle royale games though but her lack of skill for these games does not stop her.

If you like a virtual gamer that's an ace at battle royale, look no further than Hinata Nekomiya.  She gives me the Izumi Konata vibe except with pink hair with nekomimi.   Her cool calm demeanor is a change from Ai Kizuna's crazy eccentric with cute voice suddenly going to grating and back again.   Hinata does not seem to deviate much from the games she's playing, namely battle royales and FPS games, and she seems very good at it, that she's sometimes referred to as "cheater cat" or genetically engineered supersoldier.

Edited by Eisennagel

[KAPPA]
Members
358 posts
4,642 battles

Good lord was watching her play WoWS painful... Weird that she figured out map movement, yet couldn't figure out how to lead her target depending on its heading, though. Like, map movement is a fairly unintuitive thing, yet leading your shots is a fairly basic concept to anyone that's used a lobbed projectile weapon in a game (grenade launcher, etc), and yet she figured out the former first?

And that poor allied player!

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,772 posts
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Better than me trying to teach my clanmate how to transition from tank to ship

[KAPPA]
Members
358 posts
4,642 battles
3 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Better than me trying to teach my clanmate how to transition from tank to ship

I sense a funny story.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,772 posts
31 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I sense a funny story.

I won't name and shame the poor guy, let's just say that he's better with his feet on dry land   xD

He was having trouble with the bots...  I had to pull his aft outta the fire

[KAPPA]
Members
358 posts
4,642 battles
6 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

I won't name and shame the poor guy, let's just say that he's better with his feet on dry land   xD

He was having trouble with the bots...  I had to pull his aft outta the fire

That's... impressive in its own right. XD

Sign in to follow this