Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gill_again

DDs buffed, now armor the cruisers!!!

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7
[KW]
[KW]
Members
22 posts
6,368 battles

So, you don't want DDs one-shotted, but it's totally okay for every cruiser to be killed by even down-tiered BBs?  I don't think that has anything to do with historical accuracy.  It makes the game suck.  I'm done with cruisers until you do something about it.  Getting one-shotted from 20k away is a load of horse manure.

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HINON]
Members
2,617 posts
7,566 battles

qmZSR9D.png

Tis the season to be salty tralalalalalala

And Cruisers dev strike DDs with frightening frequency and they also burn down BBs like no tomorrow. Dont give broadside, pick your engagements and Keep WASD hax engaged at all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[KW]
[KW]
Members
22 posts
6,368 battles
6 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

qmZSR9D.png

Tis the season to be salty tralalalalalala

And Cruisers dev strike DDs with frightening frequency and they also burn down BBs like no tomorrow. Dont give broadside, pick your engagements and Keep WASD hax engaged at all time.

screw you, too...thanks for making it personal

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[WORX]
Members
4,549 posts
15,416 battles

I hate to admit it, but he may have a point (in a salty way). In some tiers BBs enjoy unrealistic expectation of accuracy *compared to real life reality* in main battery guns.  BBs enjoy almost a 2 to 1 HP pool while the threats to the BB, don't due much DMG compared to deleting a cruiser with one salvo of AP.

IMO the OP has a point, This is not about "get good", and more about the "balance" or lack there of that BBs enjoy.

Lets be honest with ourselves Upper game play is stale for the other class ship. IF your a BB main then Upper game play is the right place to play.  Until there is more diversity, more threats a BB to worry about to justify a 2 to 1 HP advantage, then certain bad characteristics will persist. 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,444
[NDA]
Supertester
5,230 posts
15,639 battles

While I can understand the frustration that is generated by getting nuked out of the blue, looking at you 3 Torpedo Bomber Squadron. Some deletions can be avoided by angling your armor effectively. Making sure you haven't giving your broadside to an enemy. Effective use of cover and/or map position. But even doing everything right can still get you deleted. You know if a Battleship with a very large caliber that laughs at armor angling happens to have good aim and a bit of RNG on their side. Or that stupid 3 Torpedo Bomber Squadron decided to fly through all this AA to sink me ..... AHHHH THEY'RE HEADING THIS WAY AGAIN!!!!!!

 

I digress, at the recent Anchors Away Anaheim event a WG Dev talked about changes they want to do to the game in coming patches. I have added the video below conveniently time stamped with some information that you might find useful. 

Hope this helps, maybe back it up to the 3:19:50 time stamp if you want to watch all of the expected/maybe coming changes. 

:cap_cool: 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,898
[SALVO]
Members
21,335 posts
21,550 battles
27 minutes ago, MajorGeneralFU said:

So, you don't want DDs one-shotted, but it's totally okay for every cruiser to be killed by even down-tiered BBs?  I don't think that has anything to do with historical accuracy.  It makes the game suck.  I'm done with cruisers until you do something about it.  Getting one-shotted from 20k away is a load of horse manure.

If you want to play in an armored ship, play battleships.  To quote the noted naval tactician (   :Smile-_tongue:    ), cruisers cannot repel firepower of that magnitude!  And if you're getting one shotted from 20km away, you're doing something wrong.  And maybe you should consider taking the 1 point Incoming Fire Alert skill for your cruisers, if you're getting nailed at that great a distance that often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[KW]
[KW]
Members
22 posts
6,368 battles

Yeah, just to be on point...thanks for that advice on "don't show your broadside"....problem with that is, it can't happen.  Red ships spawn at something past the bounce angles, and driving forward toward the cap only makes it a certainty that somewhere on that map is a red ship with a pretty good shot at your broadside.  Anybody who says they can sail a CA and not show their broadside needs to show me the replay with the minimap in view.  They may be a long way away, they may be behind an island, heck YOU might be behind an island, but toss up a spotter plane and you're done.  I like how RedSeaBear's post starts out with the part about "we're gonna buff the cruisers in the middle section"....EXACTLY what I asked for....Thanks, Santa!  And RedSeaBear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[KW]
[KW]
Members
22 posts
6,368 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

If you want to play in an armored ship, play battleships.  To quote the noted naval tactician (   :Smile-_tongue:    ), cruisers cannot repel firepower of that magnitude!  And if you're getting one shotted from 20km away, you're doing something wrong.  And maybe you should consider taking the 1 point Incoming Fire Alert skill for your cruisers, if you're getting nailed at that great a distance that often.

I didn't say it was often, I said it happened, and sure, sometimes it's a lot closer, like ten K.  And again, I want YOU to show me how YOU don't EVER get one shotted in, say, the Des Moines or the Worcester.  If you're that good, awesome, congrats, but your argument says 'be as good as me or go knit'.  NOT the attitude you want to exhibit to other players.  This game already has WAAAAY too much hate in it, especially skill hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,898
[SALVO]
Members
21,335 posts
21,550 battles
6 minutes ago, MajorGeneralFU said:

I didn't say it was often, I said it happened, and sure, sometimes it's a lot closer, like ten K.  And again, I want YOU to show me how YOU don't EVER get one shotted in, say, the Des Moines or the Worcester.  If you're that good, awesome, congrats, but your argument says 'be as good as me or go knit'.  NOT the attitude you want to exhibit to other players.  This game already has WAAAAY too much hate in it, especially skill hate.

It's called always being ready to change course and dodge when you see an enemy BB firing at you.  It's called limiting the number of enemy BBs that even have the opportunity to get a line of sight on you.

The only one I see hating here is you.  I didn't throw any insults at you.  But you inferred offense where none was given, which tells me that you have a terribly thin skin.  And you might not want to even be within to kilometers of any enemy BB, because at that short a range, you don't have time to  dodge shells.  Generally speaking, you want to be at least 13-ish km from the BB, preferably a good deal more, if you have the gun range.

But I'll say this again.  Cruisers have never had the armor to repel BB shells, except perhaps when those shells may have hit the belt armor of better armored heavy cruisers at some rather extreme angles.  If they had the armor to repel BB firepower, they wouldn't be cruisers.  They'd be battleships.

Lastly, get over YOUR attitude.  You're the one looking to be offended.  Furthermore, I'm no unicums.  I'm a slightly above average player, who just happens to be fairly decent at dodging long range fire, which simply is not that difficult a skill to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[KW]
[KW]
Members
22 posts
6,368 battles
10 hours ago, Crucis said:

It's called always being ready to change course and dodge when you see an enemy BB firing at you.  It's called limiting the number of enemy BBs that even have the opportunity to get a line of sight on you.

The only one I see hating here is you.  I didn't throw any insults at you.  But you inferred offense where none was given, which tells me that you have a terribly thin skin.  And you might not want to even be within to kilometers of any enemy BB, because at that short a range, you don't have time to  dodge shells.  Generally speaking, you want to be at least 13-ish km from the BB, preferably a good deal more, if you have the gun range.

But I'll say this again.  Cruisers have never had the armor to repel BB shells, except perhaps when those shells may have hit the belt armor of better armored heavy cruisers at some rather extreme angles.  If they had the armor to repel BB firepower, they wouldn't be cruisers.  They'd be battleships.

Lastly, get over YOUR attitude.  You're the one looking to be offended.  Furthermore, I'm no unicums.  I'm a slightly above average player, who just happens to be fairly decent at dodging long range fire, which simply is not that difficult a skill to learn.

"And if you're getting one shotted from 20km away, you're doing something wrong."

The implication in such a statement is "you're a bad player if this happens to you".  Total bullcrap, because it happens to everyone.  Good at dodging fire?  Awesome, let's watch you when four or five ships focus fire on you from three different directions that weren't there a few seconds ago (oh, and now you're detected, when you weren't that same few seconds ago).  Show me your magical skill for keeping your broadsides from any red ships, while dodging that fire.

 

All this started because I suggested armoring the CAs, and all I get is hate, as in, "Suck it up buttercup and get gud!".  That is the hate I hear from you, that is the hate I hear on the pond, and frankly, that is the hate I hear in my own clan.  Potatoes, not good enough to sail with me, even though I'm only one color better than you.  Yes, skill hate, because you know something someone else doesn't, you should hate on them, tell them to "get gud!".  Got it.  For noobs out there reading this, this guy maybe be good according to stats, but his attitude towards those who are less of a man than he, simply sucks. Don't listen to him.  A bad player is someone who rags on you for not being good enough to share the pond with them.

And please, put a couple of mm of armor on those paper-thin ships, like others have said.  Not much, just would like to make it take THREE hits to wipe out fifty thousand hit points instead of one or two.  Citadels should not be nearly that easy to hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,898
[SALVO]
Members
21,335 posts
21,550 battles
2 hours ago, MajorGeneralFU said:

"And if you're getting one shotted from 20km away, you're doing something wrong."

The implication in such a statement is "you're a bad player if this happens to you".  Total bullcrap, because it happens to everyone.  Good at dodging fire?  Awesome, let's watch you when four or five ships focus fire on you from three different directions that weren't there a few seconds ago (oh, and now you're detected, when you weren't that same few seconds ago).  Show me your magical skill for keeping your broadsides from any red ships, while dodging that fire.

 

All this started because I suggested armoring the CAs, and all I get is hate, as in, "Suck it up buttercup and get gud!".  That is the hate I hear from you, that is the hate I hear on the pond, and frankly, that is the hate I hear in my own clan.  Potatoes, not good enough to sail with me, even though I'm only one color better than you.  Yes, skill hate, because you know something someone else doesn't, you should hate on them, tell them to "get gud!".  Got it.  For noobs out there reading this, this guy maybe be good according to stats, but his attitude towards those who are less of a man than he, simply sucks. Don't listen to him.  A bad player is someone who rags on you for not being good enough to share the pond with them.

And please, put a couple of mm of armor on those paper-thin ships, like others have said.  Not much, just would like to make it take THREE hits to wipe out fifty thousand hit points instead of one or two.  Citadels should not be nearly that easy to hit.

If people from your own clan are ripping on you, then maybe you ought to take the hint!!!

Now, away with you.

 

Edited by Crucis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[KW]
[KW]
Members
22 posts
6,368 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

If people from your own clan are ripping on you, then maybe you ought to take the hint!!!

Now, away with you.

 

I didn't say people from my own clan were ripping on ME, asswipe, now, away with YOU!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
56 posts
13,013 battles

Dude, you have radar that goes through islands.  You have a 1 button to win mode - the most overpowered thing in the game whenever you are JUUUUST detected.  Are you kidding me?  Radar is a first person shooter equivalent of a bazooka "noob tube".  Now you want extra armor and extra buff to go along with that noob tube?  If anything, WG caters to noobs.  Please don't give them extra ideas.

Edited by CloudySix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×