Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bradzzz

Maps

7 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
81 posts
8,331 battles

Morning Captains! 

Just had an idea for wows and thought Id run it passed you guys and see what the communities thoughts are. I think we can all agree we would like to see some completely new map designs in rotation, so perhaps wargaming can do a user created map designs as a neat little competition, and throw the winning map designs for High, Middle and low tier into rotation? 

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,706 posts
12,488 battles
3 hours ago, Bradzzz said:

Morning Captains! 

Just had an idea for wows and thought Id run it passed you guys and see what the communities thoughts are. I think we can all agree we would like to see some completely new map designs in rotation, so perhaps wargaming can do a user created map designs as a neat little competition, and throw the winning map designs for High, Middle and low tier into rotation? 

It would be good to get some movement on the map front. Whilst some tweaks were recently made to quite a few maps, I think such a competition would be a good thing. Even if it only resulted in 2-4 ew maps total, I would be happy with it. 

Perhaps WG could move into the tweak role more so than the entire design from scratch role. Terrifying, but a possible model. 

[KP]
Members
81 posts
8,331 battles

Yes absolutely, I quite like the tweaks they have made on some maps, but to have a few new maps added would be epic! Perhaps they could take say the top 20 of submitted map designs and have the community vote say on the best 5 to be implemented? :Smile_Default:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,861 posts
21,064 battles
19 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

We do need new Maps but please not from the masses. There is to many variables in design and application. 

I think a way to accommodate both sides of this fence is for having a contest for player submitted maps and then Wargaming can tweak it until it works out. Maybe give the designers some fresh ideas or something they hadn't thought of before.

Honestly I can not believe there are so few maps in the game, seems someone could come up with a new map once or twice a year...

• Cool 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,629 posts
6,722 battles

They announced at the recent live event (San Fancisco?) that no new maps are currently in development. So we're likely stuck with the ones we have for a year or so. 

Sign in to follow this