You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducati_Black

Clan Battles times...what is the deal?

32 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
471 posts
20,595 battles

So 4pm start time on the west coast. Why does everything have to be so difficult with this game right now? 

Someone is really trying to eff up my buzz.

[RLGN]
Members
10,947 posts
20,014 battles

All I know is I’m non clan affiliated again and happier for it.

Nothing specific against my old clan; but they cared about socializing and CB and I didn’t.

• Boring 1

[-BRS-]
Members
471 posts
20,595 battles

Where are the voices of NA server? Don't we have reps somewhere around here to hash this out and give feedback? What happened to trevzor?

[OO7]
Members
5,061 posts
11,827 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducati_Black said:

Where are the voices of NA server? Don't we have reps somewhere around here to hash this out and give feedback? What happened to trevzor?

See cross server clan battles test and go navy crate removal and the lack of adequate response from WG on those things and the acquiescence of the community to the lack of response and we give it up as a lost cause and WG takes it as license to continue to do things that the community dislikes and we roll over and play dead for the most part. 

The only times where they have stepped up to the plate and given us good responses and made things right were when the community uproar has been very public and ongoing and typically because ccs give airtime to it and inform their followings. See Graf zeppelin and sir foch debacle for examples. 

Short answer, they do it because we let them. If enough people cared and made it an issue, they wouldn't do it. That's business 101.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
471 posts
20,595 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

See cross server clan battles test and go navy crate removal and the lack of adequate response from WG on those things and the acquiescence of the community to the lack of response and we give it up as a lost cause and WG takes it as license to continue to do things that the community dislikes and we roll over and play dead for the most part. 

The only times where they have stepped up to the plate and given us good responses and made things right were when the community uproar has been very public and ongoing and typically because ccs give airtime to it and inform their followings. See Graf zeppelin and sir foch debacle for examples. 

Short answer, they do it because we let them. If enough people cared and made it an issue, they wouldn't do it. That's business 101.

Right but what is the proper avenue to raise the alarm? because "this" isnt working.

[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
130 posts
5,618 battles

We had the same issue every past cw season. We told them again and again. They simply do not care, or something would have been changed.

[OO7]
Members
5,061 posts
11,827 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducati_Black said:

Right but what is the proper avenue to raise the alarm? because "this" isnt working.

I don't know. I detailed my issues in a support ticket asking how I'm the world do I unlink my PayPal account along with a total from paypal. They replied how and forwarded my ticket on to someone else to respond to my issues with them as a company. It was a canned, "were sorry you don't like the way you feel you have been treated as a customer, but it is the way it is" 

I also use my forum signature as a wry reminder to getting screwed over by WG. 

But trying to keep issues alive to the point where WG would feel compelled to respond to them ala Graf zeppelin is hard. People don't care enough and typically shout me down on it. In the past 2 years I've been called a WG fan boy at times I've praised WG or sided with them on issues that people complain about (game play mechanics etc) and have been called a troll and a hater for calling them out for their mistakes that go uncorrected. 

Do I really think they should have given everyone 500 steel and 15k coal for not being able to participate in the clan battles test that they canceled and gave out rewards for to some people? No not really, but they slid it through without much of an announcement, said sorry when enough people complained and that was it. How much better would it have been to publicly announce it from the start, apologize and credit everyone a couple days of premium and 10k fxp or something like that? It would go over a lot better for them if they would take ownership of those mistakes and proactively look to appease their customers rather than only react when their is enough of an uproar. 

[5D]
Members
2,778 posts
17,069 battles

There is no easy way to do it in the current system. If they make them start later then they lose a lot of the east coast players. No win situation for WG.

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,927 battles
5 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

There is no easy way to do it in the current system. If they make them start later then they lose a lot of the east coast players. No win situation for WG.

Well I dont know why they just cant increase the time of the CB from 4 hours to 6-7 hours. giving every clan a chance to gather their players and play. is 4 hours like a frikking rule or what?

im pretty sure that increasing the CB time slot by 2 hours isnt gonna have such an impact on the server by players logging in and crashing the server... thats just [edited] and WG wants people to be "online" at that particular time to show the numbers to the shareholders

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,778 posts
17,069 battles
4 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

Well I dont know why they just cant increase the time of the CB from 4 hours to 6-7 hours. giving every clan a chance to gather their players and play. is 4 hours like a frikking rule or what?

im pretty sure that increasing the CB time slot by 2 hours isnt gonna have such an impact on the server by players logging in and crashing the server... thats just [edited] and WG wants people to be "online" at that particular time to show the numbers to the shareholders

Server population starts dropping quickly starting around 10:30 PM EST so not sure how many clans will be playing by adding 2 additional hours. Not saying they can't or shouldn't do it just that clans on at those times may not find many matches or you may get paired against the same teams repeatedly which is no fun either.

[RIPCV]
Members
287 posts
896 battles

All they need to do for NA is move start time according to east coast to central america timezone 

That will do 

EU is fine as is and so the RU 

And you know what, The most :Smile_sceptic::fish_palm: is asia region (no one cares likely) 

They only get 3 hours instead of 4 and start at  20.30 UTC +8 thus aussie and newzie got their cb start as late as 1 AM. 

your timeline only need a few adjustments while asia got shafted the most 

Go figure.

[PVE]
Members
15,250 posts
10,122 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

All I know is I’m non clan affiliated again and happier for it.

Nothing specific against my old clan; but they cared about socializing and CB and I didn’t.

There are the Lone Wolf and other casual clans where you don't have to socialize if you don't want to.

[WAG]
Members
1,725 posts
9,843 battles
10 hours ago, Ducati_Black said:

So 4pm start time on the west coast. Why does everything have to be so difficult with this game right now? 

WG says they hear this complaint and are "working on an answer" .... not that they would come into a thread and comment themselves, an answer has to be beaten out of them...

Despite my efforts to get the Cross-Clan Test frustration up to the top levels where someone would consider it.... I failed...

War Gaming  does not care about the NA user base... they demonstrate over and over again... go look at the red tracker... WG personnel interact with the EU & RU user base all the time on a variety of subjects, but not on the NA forums... I have reqached out to higher ups ( after going through locals) and I message s are ignored or not read to begin with maybe... 

WG says they hear us... but my sense of it is, they don;t give a poo... and it isn't that I want to bash WG... I want the NA to get the same consideration and interaction that the EU and RU forums do... It seems like any time the NA has an issue, it just gets ignored...

I am seeing WG lose people to these issues.. they just give up and walk away.. oh well... as they say in Caberet, ..............I don't care, very much, anymore.

I really do not want to be so negative on WG, but they are earning it...

( edit  - and to whit.. no one with authority will read this... heck I am guessing no one with any real decision making ability at WG reads anything on these forums.... maybe in specific forums liek the one Fem posted for feedback on the Turkey event... but note that that is Fem and CO. doing it... not WG ...  methinks anyone posting in the Gen forum ( myself included)  are wasting their time)

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[WAG]
Members
1,725 posts
9,843 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducati_Black said:

And I guess they are keeping it to 4 days and 4 hours to make sure everyone can't farm the steel.

There ability to piss off the user base doesn't seem to bother them in the least though.... no response and no action from WG on the West coast clan issue.... 

No response and no action for the NA clan base begin cheated out of Steel by them canceling weekend play, but giving the Steel to the EU, RU and SEA. 

No respect for the people here in the NA trying had to make it work for all of us... .. I just shake my head at the lack of understanding...

[WAG]
Members
1,725 posts
9,843 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducati_Black said:

And I guess they are keeping it to 4 days and 4 hours to make sure everyone can't farm the steel.

..of course having someone with authority come in and converse directly with us... that would be too much to ask... so they just let it go and what?  hope it goes away...

I know I am camping on WG hard... but dammit, they need to learn to communicate effectively with the user base and they are failing .... where is @Earlgrey

[187]
Members
1,572 posts
8,654 battles
10 hours ago, Ducati_Black said:

Someone is really trying to eff up my buzz.

No Sniveling it has always been that time.

[-BRS-]
Members
471 posts
20,595 battles
1 minute ago, C_D said:

Or if they are that worried about queue times for clan battles that it has to be constrained, then they need to rethink how clan battles are played.

And just because something "has always been" doesn't make it right. There are many examples of that through history. 

[WAG]
Members
1,725 posts
9,843 battles
26 minutes ago, C_D said:

So you feel that it is a good and fair thing to restrict available play time to some of the clans, setting up a non-level playing field and pretty much assuring that these clans will not be able to compete effectively, nor gain the rewards for having done so.... You could get a job at WG with attitude like that young man!.. ( j/k)

[187]
Members
1,572 posts
8,654 battles
7 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

So you feel that it is a good and fair thing to restrict available play time to some of the clans, setting up a non-level playing field and pretty much assuring that these clans will not be able to compete effectively, nor gain the rewards for having done so.... You could get a job at WG with attitude like that young man!.. ( j/k)

I don't live my life under the assumption that life is fair so I am never disappointed by change and obstacles...overcome and adapt little one.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,818 posts
12,021 battles

Hey, could be worse.

At least there's no completely unforeseeable clock change with end of daylight savings in this season!