Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

So what's going to happen to the Premium CVs?

12 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,839 posts
9,672 battles

I know the basics of what we can expect. Kaga and Saipan will be moved to tier VIII and if we don't want a Prem CV anymore, we can sell it for doubloons. But I'm just starting this thread to maybe start pooling ideas for what should happen to make each CV unique in comparison to what's currently on the test server. Please note that these ideas are based on what we have currently.

Saipan: Can only take two of the three available types of aircraft (players pre-battle choice) but the craft are overall sturdier and deliver their strike in one single blow (as opposed to the current layered attacks). This would reflect Saipan's current role in her limited attack versatility, but also the powerful blow her DBs can deal out. Basically, it's all or nothing, but this is at least mitigated by her craft being stronger than average.

Kaga: Has larger than normal squadrons.

Enterprise: Posses "doubled" squadrons, that is (for example) you can have an HE DB squad and an AP DB squad.

Graf Zep: Aircraft are weaker, but the ship is more viable in a "melee" role, perhaps buffing its secondaries (increase the range to German standard and give it Mass-grade accuracy), thus giving you the ability to either fight with the ship itself, or use aircraft.

Thoughts? Ideas? Downvotes?

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
11,042 posts

Based on the initial ideas they have for changing the skill tree, I wonder if the premiums will also be some variety of those parameters like altered boost duration/speed etc.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,660 battles

I hated the ideas at first but after thinking about it I think you might have something except I don’t like the GZ idea but it does fit with the German ships so it better then most idea. Thanks for sharing the ideas.

[NGA]
Members
1,839 posts
9,672 battles
3 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I hated the ideas at first but after thinking about it I think you might have something except I don’t like the GZ idea but it does fit with the German ships so it better then most idea. Thanks for sharing the ideas.

Thanks, I was trying to go for different but not overpowered while still keeping some similarities with the current versions. And like I said, GZ would have weaker than normal aircraft, but be a relatively strong CV. And remember, you can't really control the CV while also working with your planes. Not mention fully spec'ing for secondaries would leave you a bit deficient in the aerial theatre.

[RLGN]
Members
10,986 posts
20,055 battles
32 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Based on the initial ideas they have for changing the skill tree, I wonder if the premiums will also be some variety of those parameters like altered boost duration/speed etc.

For all WG was crowing about making carriers simpler; what’s been shown so far that’s related to skills seems nothing more than a hideous, over-complicated mess.

Kind of like the aircraft controls themselves; but hey; maybe ‘simpler’ means ‘more complex’ and I just didn’t realize it.

(edit)

But hey; if Kaga moves to T8, it and it’s (presumably) still T6 aircraft will get to fight T10s like Enterprise does.

Saipan can just go away as far as I’m concerned. I’d rather keep Bogue, my first carrier and one I trust; than a cancerous strafing carrier that I could never reliably get to deliver on its ‘so called’ potential.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

If I had to hazard a guess premium CVs could have their dispersion patterns adjusted/narrowed, plane HP pools increased, or heals to torpedo bombers not just DBs, and whether or not this/that nation gets AP bombs, etc etc.

I don't think your GZ idea would work out too well unless/until they at least put the Q and E keys back in for ship control, plus how are you going to manage manual secondaries with planes in the air? That'd be both inefficient and about as complex as the current RTS micromanaging.

[NGA]
Members
1,839 posts
9,672 battles
45 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Saipan can just go away as far as I’m concerned. I’d rather keep Bogue, my first carrier and one I trust; than a cancerous strafing carrier that I could never reliably get to deliver on its ‘so called’ potential.

Keep in mind that strafing is going to be removed (though catapult fighters and deployable fighters are very strong).

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,986 posts
20,055 battles
15 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Keep in mind that strafing is going to be removed (though catapult fighters and deployable fighters are very strong).

I’m sure they’ll wind up replacing it with something equally idiotic.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,867 posts
21,079 battles

I will be selling all my carriers back to Wargaming including the premiums. When I saw what they had done with the rework, kind of lost interest in the class.

Just for the record, own all the premium CVs except Graf Zepp.

Edited by Taylor3006

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
55 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I will be selling all my carriers back to Wargaming including the premiums. When I saw what they had done with the rework, kind of lost interest in the class.

Just for the record, own all the premium CVs except Graf Zepp.

Wish you could refund em and give them to me...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,867 posts
21,079 battles
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Wish you could refund em and give them to me...

Just buy them when they return.

Sign in to follow this