Sign in to follow this  
XxX_BlindSide_XxX

Montana rear turret #3 bugged or "working as intended"?

3 comments in this topic

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
272 posts
6,754 battles

I was playing a match and was 1v1 another BB at close range.  I was at a very sharp angle, not quite bow on but sharp enough I could not bring my rear guns to bear (expected and intended).  What shocked me however was my rear turret (#3) clipped THROUGH the superstructure to end up on the complete opposite side of the ship to my other 3 turrets.   Picture this in your mind.  I was turning slightly left to avoid an island while my enemy was crossing my T from my left to right.  My forward turrets went right of my center line to track the target...and so did turret 3!  Clipping right through my superstructure! turret #4 did the normal rotation around the rear to come back to the other side.  This royally messed me up because my turn was intended to be very brief and I even attempted to lock my gun rotation when I saw turret 3 moving with no luck so it would stay on the left of my ship as I wanted all 4 of my turrets to remain.   Because of turret 3 going rogue I got to wait for my turret to rotate back nearly 360 degrees until all 4 guns were lined up on the same side again...  My experience since 2015 has been that if you aim at a ship on 1 side of your ship while your guns are on the other the front turrets will rotate to engage in the direction of aim while the rear turrets since they aren't 360 degree turrets will actually rotate towards the rear of your ship before getting back aimed forward on the target side.  I have never seen turrets pass THROUGH (the barrels disappeared as they passed through the ships superstructure) and turn the same direction as the forward turrets while turret #4 acted normally.  Don't get me wrong this can be both a good OR a bad thing.  If I wanted all of my guns on one side to set up for follow on shots at ships on that side its a bad thing to have a rogue turret.  On the other hand it COULD potentially get 3 guns instead of 2 on that ship crossing my bow (would also require me continuing to turn opposite my target) but with the major drawback that afterwards I have to wait about 6 hours for my rogue to rotate (slight exaggeration...) back in line with the others.

[HINON]
Members
9,350 posts

I've heard of this bug but I have not seen it happen to me and I'm not sure what causes it. I think one player was somehow able to shoot his own ship when this happened .

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
272 posts
6,754 battles
40 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I've heard of this bug but I have not seen it happen to me and I'm not sure what causes it. I think one player was somehow able to shoot his own ship when this happened .

o.O

Sign in to follow this