Dear WG!

29 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
5 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

STOP giving me coupons I cant use because you cant fix Amazon pay. Maybe you should change banks.  Thanks.

There are other payment methods such as PayPal.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,636 posts
13,211 battles

There's a chance your bank is halting the transfer because of WG's belarusian bank. Call them up and ask if this is the case.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

There's a chance your bank is halting the transfer because of WG's belarusian bank. Call them up and ask if this is the case.

I thought the bank payment went to Cyprus but talk to the bank.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,636 posts
13,211 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I thought the bank payment went to Cyprus but talk to the bank.

Same problem really. American banks like to 'protect' their clients from 'scams', and if they think the target account is shady, they'll block the transfer.

[TAZ]
Members
415 posts

He has a point about the coupons though, they give them to you with a short duration for use.  Maybe they could just let them stay associated with your account and you use them when necessary. Similar to the ones in the arsenal.

Members
1,544 posts
506 battles
25 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

He has a point about the coupons though, they give them to you with a short duration for use.  Maybe they could just let them stay associated with your account and you use them when necessary. Similar to the ones in the arsenal.

that would have little impact if the OP just signed up with PP and VIOLA... done..
Everything I buy for my accounts here is with paypal, and it takes literally 4 seconds... and VIOLA!  done,,, no excuse to have AMAZON and NOT PAYPAL as well...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[OO7]
Members
3,307 posts
9,766 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

that would have little impact if the OP just signed up with PP and VIOLA... done..
Everything I buy for my accounts here is with paypal, and it takes literally 4 seconds... and VIOLA!  done,,, no excuse to have AMAZON and NOT PAYPAL as well...

What if he was banned by PayPal, would that qualify as a valid excuse? 

Members
1,544 posts
506 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

well  I guess...  not sure I ever heard of that ever happening... but sure... if he was banned.... that would suck

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
753 posts
4,030 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

Same problem really. American banks like to 'protect' their clients from 'scams', and if they think the target account is shady, they'll block the transfer.

Well, WoWs is kinda shady.  Doesn't stop me from wanting their stuff though!

:Smile_trollface:

Pssst!  Hey, buddy!  I got some discounted pixelbotes over here.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

well  I guess...  not sure I ever heard of that ever happening... but sure... if he was banned.... that would suck

The only banning I have heard of from PayPal has been sellers.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,968 posts
13,211 battles
3 hours ago, killsbane67 said:

STOP giving me coupons I cant use because you cant fix Amazon pay. Maybe you should change banks.  Thanks.

Given the time lapse since the problem surfaced, I suspect something went down where Amazon (or WG) pulled the plug.  Not implying any fault....just that one of the entities....bank (either end), vendor, or paywall third party....has nixed the transactions for a host of reasons.  Abuse...charge backs...yada yada...lots of things can trigger a cut.  When it involves international transactions, even more so.  

Each of the different pay methods have their own unique "abuse" vectors.  There are ways consumers can abuse these vectors to the point it is no longer profitable (or even can cause losses) for the vendor or the bank or the paywall third party.  Just lots of things that can go bad.

In the case of Amazon abuse vectors, the bank isn't the issue. Even a U.S. bank can't prevent some of the abuses.  Sometimes, a vendor just has to give it up. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[RLGN]
Members
527 posts
4,672 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

The only banning I have heard of from PayPal has been sellers.

No, I actually know someone personally who was banned as a buyer.  Problem is if you buy through PayPal and get defrauded you have to solve it exclusively through their mediation and if that takes too long or they refuse to act (it's really bad with things like commissioning a work because PayPal requires a grievance be filed very soon after payment and if the item is being made or is a preorder it's too late if you don't get it) and your circumvent their system and use your bank or the legal system you will be banned.

I too would much rather pay through Amazon Pay and while I can and on my last payment did use PayPal it isn't really an option for some.

Members
332 posts
7 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Paypal is not an option in my case. They dont like it when you file CONSUMER COMPLAINT  with your state's attorneys office.   Giving paypal access to your accounts is NOT a good idea in my experience. This happened back in the the early days of paypal.   lol

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,657 posts
3,895 battles
19 hours ago, Lert said:

Well maybe WG shouldn't use a shady bank for their dealings. :Smile_trollface:

Members
1,141 posts
7,098 battles
19 hours ago, Lert said:

Most debit cards automatically block foreign transfers. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,636 posts
13,211 battles
2 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Most debit cards automatically block foreign transfers. 

Exactly. Best way to solve it is to call your bank to manually have them authorize this bank. Solves more than making threads on a gaming forum.

Also, that blocking foreign transfers is not something I ever had an issue with, but that might be a local thing; it simply might not be something they do in the NL.

Members
1,141 posts
7,098 battles
10 hours ago, killsbane67 said:

Paypal is not an option in my case. They dont like it when you file CONSUMER COMPLAINT  with your state's attorneys office.   Giving paypal access to your accounts is NOT a good idea in my experience. This happened back in the the early days of paypal.   lol

I've used PayPal for the better part of 10 years, never had an issue.

Members
1,141 posts
7,098 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Exactly. Best way to solve it is to call your bank to manually have them authorize this bank. Solves more than making threads on a gaming forum.

Also, that blocking foreign transfers is not something I ever had an issue with, but that might be a local thing; it simply might not be something they do in the NL.

It's a big thing in the USA, where card fraud is the #1 crime in the nation. 

You can call and have your bank remove the block, but they will usually only do so for 24 hours. It's a pain to have to call every time you want to purchase. 

I don't mind PayPal too much, but preferred Amazon b/c I could pick which card to charge... PayPal is set up to automatically use my wife's bank account, which means I have to transfer money from my account to hers, then buy something... a process which takes days. 

Members
2,337 posts
1,062 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

American banks have a cow.  In all my trips abroad I had to notify them ahead of time that I was charging hotels in foreign countries.

• Cool 1

Members
1,141 posts
7,098 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

American banks have a cow.  In all my trips abroad I had to notify them ahead of time that I was charging hotels in foreign countries.

Justifiably so... card fraud is the #1 crime in the nation, effecting one in four Americans. 

When you file a fraud claim the bank pays it and loses money. Why would they not want to take steps to protect that?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,636 posts
13,211 battles
Just now, Gen_Saris said:

Justifiably so... card fraud is the #1 crime in the nation, effecting one in four Americans. 

When you file a fraud claim the bank pays it and loses money. Why would they not want to take steps to protect that?

Completely understood and agreed. It's just annoying. Especially when there's no communication from the bank to the customer and the customer comes complaining on a gaming forum.