You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cdr84

Royal navy collection

21 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
69 posts

Been running 50% duplicates in the royal navy collection with only 5 done so far.

Is this what they are shooting for?

It's no wonder I seldom complete these.

[NSC]
Members
148 posts
5,738 battles

Not being a smart-Alec,  but you know you can exchange your duplicates for ones you don't have...

Edited by __Dave

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
10,064 battles
Just now, __Dave said:

Not bein a smart-[edited],  but you know you can exchange your duplicates for ones you don't have...

Yep this ^^^

5 duplicates can be exchanged per single collectables you need.

Just click on the space where the picture should be (can not remember if left or right click)

[RLGN]
Members
8,667 posts
17,921 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yep this ^^^

5 duplicates can be exchanged per single collectables you need.

Just click on the space where the picture should be (can not remember if left or right click)

Wait until you have enough duplicates to complete what’s missing is also generally advised.

Members
1,472 posts
12,551 battles

Maybe just “luck of the draw” at this point, but I have also seen a larger number of dups vs other collections.  Have 8 out of the 16 elements, and have had 8 duplicates most of them in the pictures section ( which was completed early).  Have none of the first section, 2 of the four guns and 2 of the four camo displays..  I will not exchange until I have enough dups to complete ( since always a chance of getting some you need).   At this rate will need 32 dups to finish if my luck does not change

Beta Testers
69 posts

Yea, I know about buying with duplicates.

What I was gettin' at is it will take 45-55 crates to finish the 16 at this rate, I don't usually have that kind of time.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
1 minute ago, Cdr84 said:

What I was gettin' at is it will take 45-55 crates to finish the 16 at this rate, I don't usually have that kind of time.

You can set the collection to drop in daily containers, so you have time.

[ABCD3]
Members
98 posts
3,926 battles

Sometimes you get more dups than the actual.   

Members
3,694 posts
6,387 battles
6 minutes ago, Cdr84 said:

Almost like they want to try and encourage people to play the game more... hmmmmmm ;)

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,575 posts
10,040 battles
18 minutes ago, Cdr84 said:

Just forget about it.   Leave it switched to 'Collect' and let it run for however long it takes to finish.

It's not like an anniversary collection.

At one time, there was the ability to buy ONE Yamamoto container to start that without completing the entire T8+ Yamamoto mission.  I went for that and it took a few months to complete.

Woo Hoo!  Got my two flags on all my IJN ships.  </YAWN>..

• Funny 1

Members
1,472 posts
12,551 battles
4 hours ago, Panzer1113 said:

Maybe just “luck of the draw” at this point, but I have also seen a larger number of dups vs other collections.  Have 8 out of the 16 elements, and have had 8 duplicates most of them in the pictures section ( which was completed early).  Have none of the first section, 2 of the four guns and 2 of the four camo displays..  I will not exchange until I have enough dups to complete ( since always a chance of getting some you need).   At this rate will need 32 dups to finish if my luck does not change

Hmmm now still 8 elements, but 9 dups....so over 50% dups

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
740 posts
4,019 battles
3 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Almost like they want to try and encourage people to play the game more... hmmmmmm ;)

LOL!!!  How dare they try to get you to play more!!

Plus one for you. Well done.

-edited due to atrocious grammar.:Smile_smile:

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[SPV]
Members
118 posts
2,629 battles

How long is the RN collection supposed to last, anyways? I only need three more items, so max 15 crates. Is there enough events left to milk or should I think about buying crates?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
740 posts
4,019 battles
Just now, CTMAADawson said:

How long is the RN collection supposed to last, anyways? I only need three more items, so max 15 crates. Is there enough events left to milk or should I think about buying crates?

Speaking for WG, you should ALWAYS be thinking about buying crates.  :Smile_trollface:

It should be running to the end of the RN arc.  January 19th, I think.

There is still plenty of time, especially if you have the collection set to receive elements from daily crates.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
2 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

The collection is permanent. You can set it to drop collection pieces in daily containers as well as the RN DD containers. You only need to buy containers if you want the flags and camo or to get the Lightning perma-camo right now. Otherwise, let it finish on its own.  See more below.

2 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Speaking for WG, you should ALWAYS be thinking about buying crates.  :Smile_trollface:

It should be running to the end of the RN arc.  January 19th, I think.

There is still plenty of time, especially if you have the collection set to receive elements from daily crates.

There are only two weeks left in the RN event. Stage 3, last one, starts Wed, Dec 5th. Directive IV of that Stage, the 48th overall Directive, drops on Sat, Dec 8th and you have until early morning on Wed, Dec 12th to finish the last four Directives. Patch 7.12 is likely to drop on Dec 12th.

I would also HIGHLY suggest that you buy the 10 Guineas for $1 one-time special offer in the premium shop before then as well. Make sure you will be able to get to 50 Guineas, so that you can get Cossack. Even if you have to buy a few extra Guineas, getting Cossack for say $10 (you buy the special offer and 9 more because you missed some of the Directives, is still a good deal for a T8 DD that just got buffs.

Guineas will be converted to credits when patch 8.0 drops which could be as early as Jan 9th. So buy Cossack as soon as you have 50 Guineas. While the in-game note on Guineas says that they are going to last until Jan 22nd, plan on them ending at the end of the year, as that date in-game has changed a few times.

For full details

[NSC]
Members
148 posts
5,738 battles
12 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can set the collection to drop in daily containers, so you have time.

But it's random whether you will get one in the daily container, correct?  I do have the collect button enabled on the collection menu.

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
49 minutes ago, __Dave said:

But it's random whether you will get one in the daily container, correct?  I do have the collect button enabled on the collection menu.

Yes, not every container will have an item, but you can complete the collection after the RN DD containers are gone.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,851 battles
14 hours ago, Cdr84 said:

Been running 50% duplicates in the royal navy collection with only 5 done so far.

Is this what they are shooting for?

It's no wonder I seldom complete these.

As others have pointed out, the collection drops in perpetuity until it is eventually complete. You don't have to lift a finger.

The other good thing about letting it complete this way (unless you need that camo right now) is that the duplicates exchange for credits when it's complete, usually at a rate of 15K per duplicate.

I must be stealing all your luck; I have 14 items with only 4 duplicates. It's almost a curse in disguise, because I probably won't have the Lightning for months and I could have done with the credits. :Smile_teethhappy:

[EQRN]
Members
448 posts
9,478 battles

There is a temporary collection coming with 7.12, even if the RN DD one is permanent and do-able after the 7.12 one, I’d rather they not stack these on top of one another.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,851 battles
32 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

There is a temporary collection coming with 7.12, even if the RN DD one is permanent and do-able after the 7.12 one, I’d rather they not stack these on top of one another.

I think the temporary one is going to be from winnable crates only, like Dunkirk or Bismarck, so it won't interfere with the RN DD collection.

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles

25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:
58 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I think the temporary one is going to be from winnable crates only, like Dunkirk or Bismarck, so it won't interfere with the RN DD collection.

The new Belle Epoque Collection will drop in New Year's containers.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-0712/

The reward for completing the collection includes a commemorative flag, Secret Santa container and Pickelhelm patch.

The "Belle Époque" Collection
New Year containers issued for accomplishing Combat Missions and Directives bring you items from the "Belle Époque" collection. The collection will provide the rich background of the glory days of the armor-plated warships of the early 20th century. It comprises Coats of Arms, mail stamps, New Year cards, and elements of the exterior decor of ships. The new collection consists of 16 elements, thematically divided into 4 sections. Elements of the collection can be obtained from the relevant dedicated containers only.

The reward for completing the collection includes a commemorative flag, Secret Santa container and Pickelhelm patch.