You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Warador

Tier X ships what's the point?

19 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
664 battles

Ok, this isn't about Tier X ships in general.

I log in 2 days ago and notice I have a Yamamoto in port; 1 day ago, I have the Hidenberg in port; Today I have a Gearing in port.

When I go to play them and try them out, it tells me for 'clan battles' only. Ok, I am up with that.

Then, I click on 'Clan Battles' and it tells me ' the season has ended'?

I wasted credits on the Yamamoto to upgrade it's modules.

So, my question is what is the point to giving me those ships, if I can not use them or try them out?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,579 posts
12,078 battles

Talk to members of your clan on when they are participating in clan battles. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,584 posts
16,607 battles

they are loaners for clan battles that start Wednesday. I believe the upgrades you bought will be returned when the ships loaner time expires. You will then get another mission for 3 different ships

[PVE]
Members
9,068 posts
16,088 battles
13 minutes ago, Warador said:

I log in 2 days ago and notice I have a Yamamoto in port; 1 day ago, I have the Hidenberg in port; Today I have a Gearing in port.

When I go to play them and try them out, it tells me for 'clan battles' only. Ok, I am up with that.

So, my question is what is the point to giving me those ships, if I can not use them or try them out?

Just FYI and not being a jerk here. This is just a friendly PSA LOL...

• Yamamoto = Special IJN Captain
  • Yamato = T10 IJN Battleship

:Smile_honoring:

[CAG-1]
Members
1,509 posts

They're just generic ships given out temporarily by WG so that nobody is excluded from participating in clan-battles due to not having a T10 ship.

Although many will argue that if you do not have a T10 ship in the first place, then perhaps you shouldn't be participating in clan battles at all. Because they're not super hard to get. And possessing one does not indicate skill...

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,947 posts
20,014 battles

If I’d remembered I didn’t want the bloody things even in my port, it would have saved my from the bot idiocy that about drove me mad last night...

Three of the five games in Musahi...

Bot CV: ‘Oh look; there’s only one real player; I’ll attack him all game.’ or; ‘Look; I’m being attacked by 2-3 other bots; I’ll go attack the only real player in the game instead.’

WG wants to make these idiot bots smarter; maybe they need to program in some code recognizing agro.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
16,199 battles
1 hour ago, Warador said:

FYI - You will need to division up with 6 of your clanmates in order to play in clan battles.  You can't play this mode alone.  Clan divisions only.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,621 posts
6,696 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If I’d remembered I didn’t want the bloody things even in my port, it would have saved my from the bot idiocy that about drove me mad last night...

Three of the five games in Musahi...

Bot CV: ‘Oh look; there’s only one real player; I’ll attack him all game.’ or; ‘Look; I’m being attacked by 2-3 other bots; I’ll go attack the only real player in the game instead.’

WG wants to make these idiot bots smarter; maybe they need to program in some code recognizing agro.

And this has to do with TX ships or clan battles how?

[LOU1]
Members
3,678 posts
9,996 battles

One good thing is that if you upgraded them over the weekend, you got some expensive upgrades for half price that will be demounted and put in your inventory for free in a few weeks.  Until then, you can run them in a Training room to get used to them or run them in a clan battle, if you can get on one of your clan's teams.

[RLGN]
Members
10,947 posts
20,014 battles
47 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

And this has to do with TX ships or clan battles how?

Because if I hadn’t played my T8 or higher ship Musashi in a game, (any mode,) I wouldn’t have been awarded ships I neither want nor need.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,556 battles
12 minutes ago, Warador said:

Thank you all for the responses. I did try the training room, but the wait was soo long, I thought it was broken.

make your own room...

[A-I-M]
Members
1,869 posts
10,077 battles
20 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Because if I hadn’t played my T8 or higher ship Musashi in a game, (any mode,) I wouldn’t have been awarded ships I neither want nor need.

"Oh, the humanity!!!"

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,947 posts
20,014 battles
14 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

"Oh, the humanity!!!"

True dat... 😁

As I’ve said; not a fan of T10, nor of Clan Wars; Ranked is bad enough for a competitive league. I’d indented to avoid my high tier ships; since I’d just finished Halsey and didn’t really need them any more...

...but oh well.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[A-I-M]
Members
1,869 posts
10,077 battles
23 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

True dat... 😁

As I’ve said; not a fan of T10, nor of Clan Wars; Ranked is bad enough for a competitive league. I’d indented to avoid my high tier ships; since I’d just finished Halsey and didn’t really need them any more...

...but oh well.

Hey, everybody has to do what floats their own bote! :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1