Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AzureSail

A bit of a Question regarding the Mission given to the Black Friday ships

8 comments in this topic

[_SGC_]
Members
13 posts

This question has been answered ^.^ 

So I got the Triptiz B ship In a container today and I was very very  and still am happy about that! Tirpitz has always been a a favourite of mine and I was planing on  buying it but than I got it in the container so I guess  I don't need to anymore ^.^ 

But with this ship I was given the  the "Gold rush on Tirpitz" personal mission however it seems to be that I can not do this mission, I've played a few battles on my own and in division with this ship today and none of those battles seem to have counted to the mission.  And The  battle button on the bottom of the mission is even grayed out  too 

And I'm curious as to why becaue it gave me this mission and I I can't do it, why give me something I can't do!? 

I kinda have an idea as to why it might be doing this since  I have Tirpitz B and not Tirpitz  and that's  why  I can't do the mission? But  If that is so than why was it given to me???

If that is the case than it kinda feels like a spit in the face no? Like?

here is a mission to earn 250 dubloons 10 times with  no expiration date and it's for Tirpitz you have a  Tirptiz  but not the right kind of Tirpitz see only Tirpitz can compete in this mission  and you have Tirpitz B so you can't really do it but here's the mission anyways :) 

Edited by AzureSail

[WOLF7]
Members
11,889 posts

If you read the fine print, it clearly says for the Original ship, not the b version.

It's a reward for players getting duplicates.

Edited by awiggin

[CK5]
Members
1,047 posts
9,358 battles

Your guess is correct in that the bonus missions only apply to the "regular Tirpitz" and not to Tirpitz B.  WG's website actually says as much when it announced the roll-out of the black ships, but I think the information was so counter-intuitive that many people didn't quite understand what they were reading.  There have already been several threads on this same subject, but my understanding is that the bonus missions for regular ships was intended as compensation for those players who already had those ships.  I personally don't see the need for compensation, but not my call.  

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
195 posts
6,841 battles

I was wondering the same thing.  I do have both the Tirpitz and model B. I can use the original and receive the 250 gold.  I also have the Asashio B only and cannot receive the gold mission, though it shows in my missions.  I suspect this is a way that WG compensates those who have purchased the original ship.  ( Which, I appreciate the consideration on WG's part.)  

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
16 minutes ago, AzureSail said:

So I got the Triptiz B ship In a container today and I was very very  and still am happy about that! Tirpitz has always been a a favourite of mine and I was planing on  buying it but than I got it in the container so I guess  I don't need to anymore ^.^ 

But with this ship I was given the  the "Gold rush on Tirpitz" personal mission however it seems to be that I can not do this mission, I've played a few battles on my own and in division with this ship today and none of those battles seem to have counted to the mission.  And The  battle button on the bottom of the mission is even grayed out  too 

And I'm curious as to why becaue it gave me this mission and I I can't do it, why give me something I can't do!? 

I kinda have an idea as to why it might be doing this since  I have Tirpitz B and not Tirpitz  and that's  why  I can't do the mission? But  If that is so than why was it given to me???

If that is the case than it kinda feels like a spit in the face no? Like?

here is a mission to earn 250 dubloons 10 times with  no expiration date and it's for Tirpitz you have a  Tirptiz  but not the right kind of Tirpitz see only Tirpitz can compete in this mission  and you have Tirpitz B so you can't really do it but here's the mission anyways :) 

The mission is for the Tirpitz non-B.  The idea is that a player could have both ships and instead of being miffed about having the same ship teice, they’d be happy because they have 2 copies of the same ship plus 2500 Doubloons.  It’s a little unclear for sure, but if you don’t slready have the Tirpitz than it’s not for you. 

[_SGC_]
Members
13 posts
4 minutes ago, galspanic said:

The mission is for the Tirpitz non-B.  The idea is that a player could have both ships and instead of being miffed about having the same ship teice, they’d be happy because they have 2 copies of the same ship plus 2500 Doubloons.  It’s a little unclear for sure, but if you don’t slready have the Tirpitz than it’s not for you. 

Oh okay thank you  I thought that  was  becaue of that but I wanted to make sure, I kinda wish it counted for both since I only have B and now I'll have this useless mission in my mission queue  forever  but  eh it is what it is I guess

[_SGC_]
Members
13 posts
10 minutes ago, Firerizer said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I do have both the Tirpitz and model B. I can use the original and receive the 250 gold.  I also have the Asashio B only and cannot receive the gold mission, though it shows in my missions.  I suspect this is a way that WG compensates those who have purchased the original ship.  ( Which, I appreciate the consideration on WG's part.)  

It seems to be that, that's what they did the compensation is nice  and considerate but I kinda wish they made it available for both ships, becaue the mission dose not seem to expire so for those that don't have the original will have a useless mission in there missions queue forever I seems unless there's a way to remove,  them.. but I don't think there is 

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
1 hour ago, AzureSail said:

Oh okay thank you  I thought that  was  becaue of that but I wanted to make sure, I kinda wish it counted for both since I only have B and now I'll have this useless mission in my mission queue  forever  but  eh it is what it is I guess

Tanks did the same kind of thing a couple years ago and it was sort of a train wreck. People had the regular tank, black tanks came out, and not many people bought or even wanted them.  You can tell people there’s some great value in owning 2 copies of the same ship but most folks aren’t going to care enough to spend cash.  So the $10 worth of Doubloons is a way to reward people for getting stuck with 2 copies but it also provides incentive  for people to buy the gray version of the ship if they win a black one.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this