You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AnimaL21

Multi-ship 4pt Captain Skill suggestion?

4 comments in this topic

[GLF]
Members
796 posts
9,787 battles

I have a 19pt gadjah captain, but I can only find 15 points that I want to use.  I also use this same captain on anshan and loyang.  I have no intention of getting a 3rd friggin benson, or a 3rd friggin fletcher.  I am done with the line at Gadjah, because I love the ship.  So given this triple nature of Anshan, GM, and Loyang, what would you use the last 4 points for? 

Current build:  PT, LS, EM, DE, BFT, CE     (I spec EM for the anshan gun handling)

I would totally add AFT for anshan, but GM and especially Loyang I think play worse with it added because of the added bloom and already floaty shells.  

I would add RPF, but I already get hydro with Loyang, and GM/Anshan I don't really get into situations where it would be that useful.  

IFHE?  Will this make a difference for these 3 ships?  Is it worth killing some of GM's fire chance for it? 

I had thought about  2 of each SSE ,AR, or JoaT also.   I can't and haven't been able to decide though, which is why 4 points just go unclaimed on this captain, lol.  

SE seems to be taken alot, but i never felt i needed to spend 3 on that.  

What would you take?  

[HYDRO]
Members
1,861 posts
3,961 battles

Survivability Expert, Preventive Maintenance. Alternatively you could go for Torpedo Armament Expertise and Preventive Maintenance, though I don't think it's warranted. Or Superintendent to get more Smokes and more Hydro charges for the Lo Yang. And Preventive Maintenance. 3 point skills are quite good  and most of them are valid choices for DDs in general.

If you want to play more as a DD hunter, pick Radio Position Finding (RPF). That would mesh nicely with the Lo Yang/ Hydro combo, as well as help Gadjah escape DDs with better stealth.

Edited by warheart1992

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,117 posts
12,053 battles

Anshan/Fushun really needs a different build than the rest of the line. Cause like you mentioned needing EM. This is the build I like (exchange EM for AR for the rest of the line) Yueyamg really needs PM, though. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=3,4,12,20,25,28,34&ship=Destroyer

[GLF]
Members
796 posts
9,787 battles

I just dont run PM on anything because it doesnt really do anything.   I could see taking SE and IFA for the 4 points though.   Thats a pretty all-around utility play there.  

Wuff, you're right, but I only have the one captain for PA for now so i figured i could make the best of it.  I don't mind giving up something here or there to keep the one captain, just was a discussion on what was the best option.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I didnt completely consider SI, but perhaps its worth a look.