BarronRichthofen

Duke of York Still needs some love

7 comments in this topic

[DRHS]
[DRHS]
Members
269 posts

So some of us have the DOY and those of you that do not, don't sweat it Nelson is far better for the Tier.  She needs some love WG, the extra AA, Preimum Status, 1 sec rudder shift, and Single Hydro don't even come close to compensating for the added 4.5 sec reload, 2 fewer Repair party's and loss of all aircraft. I realize she was basically a freebie but Damn WG way to neuter a ship. 

You do not have to do much to make her a viable ship compared to the KGV. Give her 2 more Hydro's and at least 1 more Repair party. She would then be Different but compareable to the KGV. As she is yeah she has the Premimum Status but thats her ONLY advantage. Carriers are still not used much so the AA is a moot point, 1 Hydro (2 with prem consumable) is all but useless, and 1 sec to rudder shift is all but un-noticable.  The 2 fewer Repair party's gives her fewer than any other Tier VII BB. If she had Nelson's Repair then yeah only 2 (3 with prem) would make her compettive. But as she is she repairs less with her 2 repairs than a single Nelson repair.

If you ever plan on selling the DOY instead of giving it out as a mission reward you'll have to do something with her. As she is I would not buy it EVER ! 

• Cool 5

Members
84 posts
13,829 battles

My DoY was gathering rust in port because it was submerged way too often in random battles. Didn't help the situation that I had a new, low point captain. I relegated it to co-op battles only and left it alone. Last night I took it out of mothballs and won 5 for 5 (in co-op).

[-GPS-]
Members
110 posts
5,903 battles
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, BarronRichthofen said:

So some of us have the DOY and those of you that do not, don't sweat it Nelson is far better for the Tier.  She needs some love WG, the extra AA, Preimum Status, 1 sec rudder shift, and Single Hydro don't even come close to compensating for the added 4.5 sec reload, 2 fewer Repair party's and loss of all aircraft. I realize she was basically a freebie but Damn WG way to neuter a ship. 

You do not have to do much to make her a viable ship compared to the KGV. Give her 2 more Hydro's and at least 1 more Repair party. She would then be Different but compareable to the KGV. As she is yeah she has the Premimum Status but thats her ONLY advantage. Carriers are still not used much so the AA is a moot point, 1 Hydro (2 with prem consumable) is all but useless, and 1 sec to rudder shift is all but un-noticable.  The 2 fewer Repair party's gives her fewer than any other Tier VII BB. If she had Nelson's Repair then yeah only 2 (3 with prem) would make her compettive. But as she is she repairs less with her 2 repairs than a single Nelson repair.

If you ever plan on selling the DOY instead of giving it out as a mission reward you'll have to do something with her. As she is I would not buy it EVER ! 

I never understood the MUCH slower reload either. Especially with no compensation to accuracy and no super heal.:cap_wander:

I want to love this ship and I even grinded the arctic camo, but she's terrible. And I agree the Nelson is much better, just a few games in her and there is no reason to play DOY anymore until she gets some buffs.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,589 posts
3,603 battles

She does get improved bounce angles on her AP which makes she very good at nuking cruisers and taking large chunks of HP off of BBs

[UTWE]
Members
210 posts
2,845 battles

I like DoY a lot, in fact I think she can even rival KGV (not Hood obviously). Although I don't have Nelson yet.

Beta Testers
23 posts
2,744 battles

I think DoY could still be alright with 28 second reload. And give healpacks improved healing capabilities(between that of current one and high tier ones)