You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Change to expert loader

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,179 battles

Since the change to BB AP on destroyers is not live and I agree with the change. I suggest the Expert Loader skill should now be baked into a captain and not have to be selected as a skill. Further I think it should be buffed so that on a battleship a player can switch ammo in 10 seconds.

The unintended consequence of trying to fix the double pen damage of battleship AP damage is that battleships are now using HE almost exclusively until there are no destroyers left in the game. What is one of the things people dislike about this game currently, the HE spam fire mechanic. This fix is just making that mechanic stronger.

Make expert loader a automatic skill like you did situational awareness. Make the switch 10 seconds so battleships players can safely use AP and switch ammo types in a reasonable time to deal with the sudden appearance of a Destroyer at close range. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,816 posts

Can I have the Last Stand and Concealment Expert on my DD captains please.   

And maybe a reduction to the bloom times, say to 10 secs for DDs and 15 for CAs? :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,179 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Can I have the Last Stand and Concealment Expert on my DD captains please.   

And maybe a reduction to the bloom times, say to 10 secs for DDs and 15 for CAs? :Smile_teethhappy:

I agree with you on the gun bloom times....no to last stand and CE.

[USCC2]
Members
3,816 posts
Just now, Belthorian said:

Then no to you getting a change to EM!

Next thread please.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,179 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

Then no to you getting a change to EM!

Next thread please.

Yea DD's were OP as it was, they didn't really need the nerf to AP damage.....but if you cry about it long enough to Wargaming you get your way. giphy.gif

Members
429 posts
5,475 battles
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Why does the class that exclusively benefits from EL get it baked in when every other class still has to pay for skills?

Either you learn how to use EL and make informed predictions with it, or you stop crying over things that dont need to be changed and just get good.

[USCC2]
Members
3,816 posts

Is that you in the pic? Calm down lol

BBs will never be anywhere but top on the damage and survival stats. DDs have always been bottom for both, strange you feel they're OP.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,877 posts
11,483 battles

Where do we stop tho, if we bake in certain commander skills, then why bother having commander skills to start with.

If a BB captain were to get that skill baked in, then maybe they should loose the baked in detected skill, they can still use priority target to see how many are targeting them tho.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,179 battles
3 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Why does the class that exclusively benefits from EL get it baked in when every other class still has to pay for skills?

Either you learn how to use EL and make informed predictions with it, or you stop crying over things that dont need to be changed and just get good.

I didn't say it was a baked in skill for BB's only....only that for BB's the switch time should be set to about 10 seconds.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,179 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Where do we stop tho, if we bake in certain commander skills, then why bother having commander skills to start with.

If a BB captain would to get that skill baked in, then maybe they should loose the baked in detected skill, they can still use priority target to see how many are targeting them tho.

LOL I never use priority target. I just assume the moment I am spotted everyone is going to shoot at me.

• Funny 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,877 posts
11,483 battles
4 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

LOL I never use priority target. I just assume the moment I am spotted everyone is going to shoot at me.

how will you know your spotted if you loose that baked in skill, if you were to have expert loader baked in, I understand what your saying about the HE issue atm, but the problem lies a lot deeper than that.

The quality of player we have in wows atm is like one of those carrot tops you put on some wet tissue paper on a plate, and hope it grows into a full carrot, but turns out to be a potato instead.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Members
182 posts
7,970 battles
23 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

The unintended consequence of trying to fix the double pen damage of battleship AP damage is that battleships are now using HE almost exclusively until there are no destroyers left in the game. What is one of the things people dislike about this game currently, the HE spam fire mechanic. This fix is just making that mechanic stronger.

Belthorian, surely you jest. One cannot "spam" HE with a 30 second reload. 

Members
429 posts
5,475 battles
9 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I didn't say it was a baked in skill for BB's only....only that for BB's the switch time should be set to about 10 seconds.

Baked in skills that only benefit a BB.

Free LS is a bad idea for dds.

Free DE is a bad idea for cruisers.

Free AS is a bad idea for CVs.

Instead of asking for free stuff, learn to freaking play. Dont ask for a dumbing down of the skill tree with less builds because you cant fathom predictions or positioning of enemy ships.

When WG finally restored the rock paper scissors balance, all the rocks started crying on the forums lately.

"Paper is too OP it's too thin I cant hit it"

"Historically a rock should smash paper"

"Make rocks really sharp for free so it cuts paper"

The forum is better than the sunday funnies with how bad it's gotten as of late. Stop crying and learn to actually play or accept that killing DDs in BBs was, is, and never will be your role.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,709 posts
7,997 battles

Personally i dont think EL is such a great skill even after the AP nerf. Its great for cruisers, but meh for BBs. Even with that skill the reload is still big and you need all the guns loaded to use it. Its better to just shoot what you have loaded and chance ammo next salvo. 

• Cool 3

[USCC2]
Members
3,816 posts
1 minute ago, Xlap said:

Personally i dont think EL is such a great skill even after the AP nerf. Its great for cruisers, but meh for BBs. Even with that skill the reload is still big and you need all the guns loaded to use it. Its better to just shoot what you have loaded and chance ammo next salvo. 

100%  agree and have said such in multiple threads.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,459 posts
1 minute ago, Xlap said:

Yeah, having to have all guns fully loaded in order to have it take effect really cuts back on the appeal.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,906 posts
15,356 battles

Why are you switching out BB shells after you already have something loaded?  Fire off what you have, switch as necessary to follow up.  Switching shells is wasting time.  Fire off what you have, whether HE or AP, subsequent salvo (which often will be needed) will be the appropriate shell type.

This was once standard practice for Battleship players when this game was new.  Even back at launch with the original AP / HE shell behavior, BBs preferred to fire HE at Destroyers, before the brain-dead "AP the sh*t out of everything!" mentality took over in that crowd.  But in those days, they fired what they have off at DDs and HE for subsequent salvos against Destroyers.

This is nothing new.  Expert Loader was never needed on a BB, it still isn't needed, it's only a waste of time for a Battleship.

[DANKY]
Members
586 posts
1,789 battles

Battleships could use more skill checks to let decent players separate themselves from not great players.  Making ammo selection matter more seems like an excellent way to accomplish that! 

• Bad 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,459 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Why are you switching out BB shells after you already have something loaded?  Fire off what you have, switch as necessary to follow up.  Switching shells is wasting time.  Fire off what you have, whether HE or AP, subsequent salvo (which often will be needed) will be the appropriate shell type.

This was once standard practice for Battleship players when this game was new.  Even back at launch with the original AP / HE shell behavior, BBs preferred to fire HE at Destroyers, before the brain-dead "AP the sh*t out of everything!" mentality took over in that crowd.  But in those days, they fired what they have off at DDs and HE for subsequent salvos against Destroyers.

This is nothing new.  Expert Loader was never needed on a BB, it still isn't needed, it's only a waste of time for a Battleship.

Agreed -- shoot what you have loaded.   Another reason EL is of limited appeal. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,906 posts
15,356 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Agreed -- shoot what you have loaded.   Another reason EL is of limited appeal. 

The only ship I have that uses EL is Des Memes.  Everything else, even my DDs, normal CAs, CLs, all my Battleships, and of course Carriers (:Smile_trollface:) have zero use for EL.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,906 posts
15,356 battles
31 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

I keep it on my MO for sure.  With Commander Seagal Doe the switch is only 7.5 seconds!

It's still 7.5 seconds later than shooting what you already had loaded to inflict damage on a DD ASAP.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,640 posts
3,895 battles

The only buff Expert Loader needs is to still reduce reload times if you change ammo types with some barrels not fully loaded yet. Just don't apply the faster reload to the unloaded barrels.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,224 posts
13,021 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Since the change to BB AP on destroyers is not live and I agree with the change.

Did you mean "now" live? Or did I miss a rollback?