You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NightSpook

Mandatory WoW's Game Center

12 comments in this topic

[RCNVR]
Members
5 posts
8,949 battles

I am getting notifications for the test server I don't have the lastest client. Per the info on the WoW's site I understand we are being given a whack logon and being forced to install the WoW's Gaming Center. 

Question:

Is this going to be required to play the real game? 

I have enjoyed the test server, yet if that's all I have to give up I'm ok with that. However, having to install that WHACK piece of software (gaming center) may be a deal breaker for me. It hammers my CPU and bandwidth affecting the ability to use my CPU. Sure you can "unload" it when not in use but when you do load it goes through a TON of stuff Wo'Ws wants to do on your CPU while you wait for it to finish or it affects gameplay. 

Anyhow, would love to find out if they are going to make this a mandatory install. I sure hope not!  

[POP]
Members
1,264 posts
8,696 battles
18 minutes ago, Moms_Warship said:

that little piece of universal software does much more than coodinate games from wargamming.....shhhhhhh

That's true. It slows down your whole system and makes it unstable when playing World of Warships. Heaven forbid an e-mail come in while playing... I hope you have an i9 with 32 gigs of memory and an SSD, or it will crash. 

I have an i7, 8 gigs, and an SSD and if anything else happens while playing WOWS, the system becomes unstable. 

sigh.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,676 posts
2,358 battles

Yes, it's going to be mandatory soon. Yes, it still doesn't really work. And yes, it causes the game to lag if I leave it running. However, I just boot it up, hit play, and then close it. I have to perform some technical acrobatics to convince it that it is indeed connected to the internet and can actually download updates, but I'm not sure if that's WGC, my internet, or a combination.

However, it does not slow down my system, that I notice. I have pretty good hardware, but by no means top of the line. It's hard to deal with, kills the internet, but otherwise isn't that much of a problem. Do I prefer the old launcher? Absolutely, never had a problem with it. This thing, I never know for sure if it's going to let me play the game. That said, it does work most of the time. I like the idea even. So go ahead and download it, because you're going to have to, and hope they get it to work.

I don't know why WG can't get this simple piece of software to work right, because most everyone seems to have some problem with it. They had a launcher that worked perfectly. Then they had to mess with it. Guess they never heard of the saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,147 posts
13,539 battles

I just put in another ticket about this! It keeps locking the login function, upper left corner so that in this case I cant remove the Turkey event login info which it defaults to when I press play. Even though I can login my regular account after getting to the login info rejected message. Also the check and repair button does nothing. I have told them several times that this game center is a useless, unneeded piece of crap. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,713 posts
18,486 battles
17 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

I guess I am lucking, because I never have had a problem with it.

Same.  But I'd be happy if I didn't have to use it.  The Game Center seems like an app for a need that doesn't exist.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Same.  But I'd be happy if I didn't have to use it.  The Game Center seems like an app for a need that doesn't exist.

Yeah, I agree.

[LOU1]
Members
3,174 posts
8,432 battles

Interesting that we complain that few players come to the website or forums to get info and when WOWS creates something to spread news, we complain about that.  WGC also contains an automatic error logger that sends crash info to WG so you don’t have to automatically pull logs.  A few patches ago WGC did cause me some performance issues, but they have gone away recently.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
539 posts
3,920 battles

WGC is only required to download updates. Otherwise u can start the game using a shortcut to the exe file.

[TDG]
Members
1,416 posts
6,505 battles

The only issue I have with the current iteration of WGC is that it makes getting reconnected harder.

Old system, the client handled everything and you could just click Connect.

WGC, find login information, enter it, hit connect; OR kill client, wait for it to exit, click Play, wait for load and auto-connect.

If there were a way to inhibit the auto-connect while allowing normal login at the client (with saved password), I would use that as I have yet to get back into a battle once D/C'd under WGC.

And yes, I have reported this issue, repeatedly.