You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jarod997

Multiple server-clients for the same game :(

4 comments in this topic

[CS7]
[CS7]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
267 posts
2,217 battles

I play on the NA server, download the NA client and play the game - 37 GB filled.

I elect to help out on the Public Test server, I have to download another client - 36 GB filled.

But I play carriers and want to see what that is going to be like before they come out, yup, another 36 GB (give or take, I deleted it after I thought they were done-done after Round 2).

Now I have a tenth of my hard drive filled with ONE game. (This is after I deleted all the update files too.)

Please, find a way to run the different instances of your one game with different datasets and help save on valuable hard-drive real-estate. Also, not all of us live in the city where we can get real download speeds. Downloading a full server-client for me takes a day or more (especially if your servers are busy).

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,329 posts
9,639 battles

The PT and the CV test are very different from the live client so it is not possible to do what you are asking but it would be possible to have a single client that would work for all regions, just log into the region you want to play.

[LOU1]
Members
3,175 posts
8,440 battles

The PT and TST run on different physical parts of their equipment running specific software for each.  If our little 435 member company has two different servers that have to be logged into differently, I can easily accept the live, PT, and TST separation.

[CS7]
[CS7]
267 posts
2,217 battles

I still think there is some efficiencies they could implement. I'm sure the majority of the underlying engine is still the same, graphics are largely similar, audio is largely similar.

There should be a way to use those similarities for at least minimizing the total download size.