Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Patton3rdarmy13

Please help me decide.

What ships should I get?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which coal and/or free XP ship should I puchares

• Jean Bart
    • Salem
    • Musashi- Coal
    • Musashi- XP
    • Wait on Alaska
    • Hope and wait on Missouri
    • None and seat on coal and XP
    • Other tier 9 or 10 ship not listed

21 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
281 posts
8,472 battles

I am to or near point to getting both whatever 1 coal and 1 free xp ship I want but I can't decide what to do. The one ship I want most of all is a ship I can't get right now but hoping to see it again- The Missouri. The Missouri is in 3 way race from my favorite naval vessel a long with WWII era Enterprise and the Enterprise that followed it. Of the ones you can get now I want Salem and Jean Bart.

The Des Moines is meh to me but getting Salem will give me second tier 10 ship even if it mostly same one I have. I love the Richeleiu and getting uptiered version in the Jean Bart sounds really good to me. However the Musashi is being removed while not truly a want missing out on it would suck.

The one ship that I really want but can't get now but is coming is the Alaska. I love US heavy cruisers, I love cruisers in general. So please help me.

The Nelson will be purchased soon.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
926 posts

If Missouri is your ultimate goal and you have enough coal for Jean Bart, I would:

1.  Choose try your luck for each container you get - Missouri can be obtained through supercontainers now.

2.  Wait on Alaska - there is probably going to be overlap from when Alaska enters the picture and Musashi/Khron leave.  This will give you more time to think over the decision.  Keep in mind that Alaska will probably be for FXP - and it will probably be over 750K.  May want to hold off on that Nelson purchase also.

3.  Work on Japanese BB line - getting the Yamato will lessen the blow if you miss out on the Musashi.

4.  Relegate yourself to the fact that Salem is probably the safest pick now.  Jean Bart just entered and you will have time to build your coal reserves again for her.

PS - Musashi AA is terrible, and they are re-working CV's.  Expect to see more CVs in the coming weeks = Musashi may not be that "comfortable" to play in the near future.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,679 posts
8,346 battles

If you don't like the play style of the Des Moines, then you should probably pass on the Salem.  You can probably pick it up later if you still want it.

I don't have the Jean Bart, but anyone I know that has it loves it.  

You are missing the Kronshtadt in your list.  It is also being removed when the Musashi  is being removed.   Both ships could be contenders because of their big gun firepower potential.  The Kronshtadt might fit your bill if you like heavy cruisers.  Since both are being removed, you might want to get them now just to have them.

[TBW]
Members
7,714 posts
14,140 battles

I hope the Alaska is free XP. I would get the ships that may not be available anymore.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,295 posts
14,884 battles

Buy Musashi because it's the only ship on your list that's being removed - forget the choices that have already been removed or don't exist yet … hope is not a strategy

If you have other Fxp ships on your list, get them now and use -25% coupon coal ship coupon before it expires

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
926 posts
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I hope the Alaska is free XP. I would get the ships that may not be available anymore.

I thought that until I realized that coal is really more valuable.  Have 176K coal and 1.1M FXP.  Would rather use coal on Alaska and the FXP to finish out multiple lines.  Could possibly have 3 more tier X now and Alaska if for coal. 

Perhaps it will be for both and suit everyone.

[INTEL]
Members
1,707 posts
11,004 battles

Personally, I'm waiting on the Alaska.  I'm hoping she comes out in a form that doesn't relegate her to Port Queen status.

Regardless, if you choose something now I expect any new Coal or FXP ship will remain there long enough to gather the required currency to purchase it before it is removed.  So, choosing now or later is only determined by your urgency to obtain a ship that may or may not be in the offering soon.

I have the Salem (and the Des Moines).  I'm glad I picked her up.  The captain can be swapped between the Salem and Des Moines and the Salem is enough of a different play-style that having both is enjoyable.

Musashi is worth it.  Period.

I will say that trying to acquire the Missouri from a Super Container would be near the same odds as winning the lottery grand prize.  You'll have a better chance of picking her up in Christmas containers if she is available there and you spend the coin to get enough containers to make it possible.  That will depend a lot on how many Premium ships you already have.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,714 posts
14,140 battles
12 minutes ago, jmanII said:

I thought that until I realized that coal is really more valuable.  Have 176K coal and 1.1M FXP.  Would rather use coal on Alaska and the FXP to finish out multiple lines.  Could possibly have 3 more tier X now and Alaska if for coal. 

Perhaps it will be for both and suit everyone.

True, since Free XP ships have come out it has slowed my quest to own all of the ships. Instead of being able to use it for ship upgrades, I now save it for the FXP ships. Currently I am grinding 11 tier 9 ships and could research 6 or 7 tier 10 ships at this moment, if I would be willing to use my free XP. Which of course I am not. I never considered coal more valuable than Free XP, however it does seem harder to obtain.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,295 posts
14,884 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

True since Free XP ships have come out it has slowed my quest to own all of the ships. Instead of being able to use it for ship upgrades, I now save it for the FXP ships. Currently I am grinding 11 tier 9 ships and could research 6 or 7 tier 10 ships at this moment, if I would be willing to use my free XP. Which of course I am not.

Your buying power with Fxp will likely decrease and that's IF there's anything left to buy … 

Therefore, get Fxp ships now and use coal coupon

Edited by Commander_367

[DAS]
Members
70 posts
10,939 battles

I'm in a similar situation, OP. I'm sitting on 305k coal and 1.1M FXP. Definitely going to get Musashi and Jean Bart. Trying to decide if I get Kron since she's going away or wait for Alaska. 

First world problems, I know. 

[DENY]
Members
446 posts
8,323 battles

If having trouble deciding which ships to get, get the ships that are going to be removed from the game. Even if you don't like that ship to start, as your skill changes, you may like them in the future.

You can always get the available ships in the future.

• Cool 1

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

Musashi and Kronshtdt are both leaving and both are good ships. Since we dont know when or even if they are going back in would chose onde of the two. 

As far as we know, JB, Salem are not going away soon, so they can wait. And Alaska os still WiP. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,309 posts
2,949 battles

If you don't like the DM, why get the Salem?

Same with the Musashi. If you don't particularly want it, why? Also, the Yamato is better, yeah up a tier, but it's not like you're missing out on a unique ship.

If you think you'll like Jean Bart based on previous experience in similar ships, that's the one I'd get for coal.

I wouldn't hold your breath on MO. Apparently it caused significant economic problems, so I doubt it will return in the predictable future. It will probably return at some point, but probably for WAY more money/resources.

Reviews of Alaska returned, I'd say we get her before the end of the year. If you like that style, I think it's worth waiting (I'm stockpiling my own FXP).

Basically, don't just buy a ship because it's going away. If you're not going to enjoy playing it, why did you get it? I really like my MO, so the cost was worth it. I think I'll like the AK, so worth the price. I don't really like the style of the Yamato, so why would I get the Musashi (even if I didn't have the MO). If you really like Jean Bart, then it's the best ship you can get.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,947 posts
9,120 battles

well im sorry to say that, for the time being that we know of, Missouri isnt coming back in Free XP or coal, but hey, at least its available in supercontainers now, im betting Alaska will come as Free XP to replace Kron as the T9 Free XP "Cruiser/Battlecruiser/Large cruiser" so JB or Musashi, if you like doing lots of damage then Musashi is probably what you want because its just a downtiered Yamato with guns thatll overmatch pretty much anything you come across

[N-W-T]
Members
1,542 posts
6,384 battles

I'm going to get the Jean Bart and Musashi. The Jean Bart mainly because I haven't started down the French line at all and could use a captain trainer. I'm just waiting until as close to the Christmas coupon refresh to see if they add Jean Bart as a free xp option. If not I'll use my coal on her and get the Musashi with free xp. 

[WORX]
Members
4,223 posts
15,313 battles

No need to spend on any XP or coal on anything. I say wait for a ship that fits your play style and you like to play. No use spending currency on port queen ships.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
281 posts
8,472 battles

Thank you all for your input, you all have give me a lot to help me think things over. I get terrible buyer remorse so when time comes I will have other people to share blame with if I hate my choice, lol.

[VW]
Members
2,647 posts
14,740 battles

Buy mushy for coal, shes’ a beast! Save fxp for alaska review, if it’s lame, buy krohn with it. The smart money says alaska will be fxp.

Edited by monpetitloup

[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles

Never say never with WG (they'd "never" imply a T9 or 10 premium ship f.e.). But don't count on Mo getting back. Should it return I guess you'll have plenty of time to scrape coal or free XP by that time. I'd say: go what's available now if you really want that. With that in mind I'd advice JB. I'm having a blast with that ship. It's HE is on par with Monqueror and it's AP loves Yamato citadels. Not sure what to think of Alaska. Now it seems like a glass canon. Granted that citadel immunity was too much but now the scale seems to have toppled to the other extreme. I won't be taking Alaska any time soon when it comes out.

Other good choice, should you like Yamato is Musashi. However if you like and have Yama there isn't much point in taking M. Unless you're drowning in free XP/ coal.

Sign in to follow this