You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JonnyFreedom

If you are going to nerf BB AP then Nerf High DPM Destroyers

149 comments in this topic

[FGNE]
Members
490 posts
1,076 battles

If you are going to take away BB AP on DD's, with the absurdly low hit chance that it actually is, then take away the pin point accuracy of DD HE fire spam.  Make them like shotguns.  Make DDs who have high DPM suffer the miserable dispersion that BBs have.  Make it at least even.  If I can't blap them in one salvo at 10km, there is no reason they should be able to sit in smoke, or behind and island at 18km and rain fire on me.

• Cool 11
  • Bad 14

[DNTZ]
Members
241 posts
12,079 battles
Just now, JonnyFreedom said:

If you are going to take away BB AP on DD's, with the absurdly low hit chance that it actually is, then take away the pin point accuracy of DD HE fire spam.  Make them like shotguns.  Make DDs who have high DPM suffer the miserable dispersion that BBs have.  Make it at least even.  If I can't blap them in one salvo at 10km, there is no reason they should be able to sit in smoke, or behind and island at 18km and rain fire on me.

...or perhaps buff the Secondary Guns to be more accurate.  I am more worried about DDs being able to blindly charge me when in a BB than HE-ing me to death.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,448 posts
6,782 battles
2 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

If I can't blap them in one salvo at 10km, there is no reason they should be able to sit in smoke, or behind and island at 18km and rain fire on me.

Sure, if you can name me one Destroyer in this game that can "rain fire" on your from behind an island at 18km.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,528 posts
14,127 battles
1 minute ago, JonnyFreedom said:

There has not been a make my BB invincible post for at least an hour or so thanks for filling in the gap.  

• Funny 9
  • Bad 1

[FGNE]
Members
490 posts
1,076 battles
2 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

...or perhaps buff the Secondary Guns to be more accurate.  I am more worried about DDs being able to blindly charge me when in a BB than HE-ing me to death.

I am all for secondary builds being viable.  For that to happen they need to lessen Fire / Flooding and nerf BB gun range.  I would be all for it if Secondaries were 10km and Gun Range was 16km max.  Make BBs line busters.  That would be a blast.  

1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

Sure, if you can name me one Destroyer in this game that can "rain fire" on your from behind an island at 18km.

Harugumo

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Bad 5

[FGNE]
Members
490 posts
1,076 battles
4 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

There has not been a make my BB invincible post for at least an hour or so thanks for filling in the gap.  

Sure thing Mr. IOnlyPlayDDs.  I am not saying DDs are in a good spot, but I am saying that high dpm DDs are garbage design.  There is no reason for DD/CA gun botes to happen.  They were a terrible idea from the get-go.

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Bad 4

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles

Harugumo

Even fully upgraded with AFT, Harugumo isn't shooting past 15km. Try again.

• Cool 4

[KRAK]
Members
1,528 posts
14,127 battles

Sure thing Mr. IOnlyPlayDDs.  I am not saying DDs are in a good spot, but I am saying that high dpm DDs are garbage design.

The high  DPM DDs have garbage accuracy excluding the Russian line so if you are being burnt to the water line it is YOUR fault and not the fault of DD accuracy.

[FGNE]
Members
490 posts
1,076 battles
36 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

he Haragumo's maximum possible range with all necessary skills and upgrades equipped is 17.47km. So 15km  What is the difference?  Still behind an island or in smoke sending 500 rounds per minute with pin point accuracy T

Edited by JonnyFreedom

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
581 posts
5,024 battles

So 15km  What is the difference?  Still behind an island or in smoke sending 500 rounds per minute with pin point accuracy.

“pinpoint accuracy”

topkek

pinpoint accuracy with that flight time? Sure, if the BB is travelling at 5kts.

Edited by mrmariokartguy
  • Cool 3

[KRAK]
Members
1,528 posts
14,127 battles

So 15km  What is the difference?  Still behind an island or in smoke sending 500 rounds per minute with pin point accuracy.

The only DD with really good accuracy and high DPM is the Khab and they do not sit in smoke or behind islands, they also only have an effective range of about 13km. You are the issue not the DDs

[FGNE]
Members
490 posts
1,076 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

The high  DPM DDs have garbage accuracy excluding the Russian line so if you are being burnt to the water line it is YOUR fault and not the fault of DD accuracy.

Harugumo/Kitakame accuracy is ridiculous.  Let's also talk about the lack of Citadel on DDs.  Maybe it is time to bring that back.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,448 posts
6,782 battles
6 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Harugumo

At that point it would be wise for you to open the announcement page and actually read the change. Because given your replies, I conclude that you did not read them carefully enough. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,528 posts
14,127 battles

Harugumo/Kitakame accuracy is ridiculous.  Let's also talk about the lack of Citadel on DDs.  Maybe it is time to bring that back.

Their shell arcs make them EASY to dodge especially at anything approaching their max range. You are putting yourself into harms way with bad positioning and over extending if they are killing you. 

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles
3 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Maybe it's time for you to set your battleships down and play destroyers so you understand what you're talking about.

Get to Akatsuki before you post again.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[FGNE]
Members
490 posts
1,076 battles
10 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Maybe it's time for you to set your battleships down and play destroyers so you understand what you're talking about.

Get to Akatsuki before you post again.

Hate the torpedo game play.  But, on my other account I have both IJN lines to T8.  Really not interested in playing DDs.  Spotting and Torping isn't my thing. Nor is playing a ghetto wooster.

Edited by JonnyFreedom

[OPG]
Members
4,081 posts
5,849 battles
15 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Purely in the interest of full disclosure, the Haragumo's maximum possible range with all necessary skills and upgrades equipped is 17.47km. 

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,448 posts
6,782 battles
Just now, yashma said:

Purely in the interest of full disclosure, the Haragumo's maximum possible range with all necessary skills and upgrades equipped is 17.47km. 

And in the interest of full disclosure of full disclosure, Harugumo is as off-topic in this thread as she could be :Smile-_tongue:

Still waiting for OP to realize that~

• Funny 1

[FGNE]
Members
490 posts
1,076 battles
1 minute ago, yashma said:

So my 18km was about accurate.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,945 posts
9,805 battles

I thought 33% pens were so rare that the change wasn't wasn't needed?

Are you saying that you relied on them so heavily that this change is impacting your playstyle?

Edited by HazardDrake

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,945 posts
9,805 battles
29 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Harugumo

Harugumo wasn't changed. You can still get 33% pens on it like before. 

[R-F]
Members
828 posts
6,661 battles
12 minutes ago, yashma said:

9 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Harugumo shell flight time at normal max range is pretty terrible.  I can only imagine what it would be if you passed on all the more useful upgrades in order to do nothing but maximize range.  Anything your'e hitting at that range is either not moving at all or is moving but making absolutely no course or speed adjustments whatsoever.

• Cool 2

[BOTES]
Members
1,933 posts
6,675 battles

There isn't even a DD in the game with 18km range. I don't think there's a single DD with more than 15km range unless you do range mod fuckery and take AFT and even that only applies to a few DD that still lack the shell travel time to use said range.

Edited by awildseaking

[OPG]
Members
4,081 posts
5,849 battles
8 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Technically, but not really in practice.  At those ranges the Haragumo's shells arcs become almost unusable so the vast majority of Haragumo players equip MBM3 for improved reload instead.  The fact the Haragumo can shoot out past 17km is more of an odd trivia fact than a practical implementation, much like how the Yamato can in theory shoot targets up to 37km away.

[CUTER]
Members
3,777 posts
15,702 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

Fletcher

59 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

It goes to 8.2. Try again.

Edited by Preteen