Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

Friendly torpedus in co-op has been quite rampant lately.

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

232
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
861 posts
63 battles

Just one example since WG has saved me from my laziness and enabled replays. I'm really hoping it is from lazy bot scripts however the backline torpedus has been rather epic lately. Hopefully I am the only one feeling this way.

Yes dirty co-op game, waste of consumables, flags, camo. I don't care. :cap_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
334
[H_]
Members
908 posts

I play a lot of COOP......  Mostly COOP because random and ranked just aren't worth the time anymore....  What you posted happens every day....  I've had FF incidents because someone "wants the kill" and drives in front of your ship with your torpedoes already out of the tubes....  I've been pink quite a lot because the events require 15 wins......  That's 15 of the fastest matches some players play holding their noses because they can accomplish those wins twice as fast in COOP.  That means, those of us whom play COOP more, have to get use to these "event players" trying to get the match over as fast as possible and that means "doing whatever it takes" to expedite faster games......  Cutting in front of you, stealing kills, back field torpedoes, intentional ramming in the first encounter are all ploys to speed up those 15 mins BECAUSE COOP ARE GUARANTEED WINS !!!!

Every day, you can see the ramming gimmick:  it takes about five minutes a game and in one hour or less, you can be done with the 15 wins..........  Crash (ram) your DD, start a new game in another DD, crash that DD...........over and over.

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,182
[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,019 posts
16,002 battles

It's all the new Atago and Asashio players. I have been hit with more friendly torps in the last 2 days then in the last 6 months 

Edited by Triela50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
861 posts
63 battles
10 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I play a lot of COOP......  Mostly COOP because random and ranked just aren't worth the time anymore....  What you posted happens every day....  I've had FF incidents because someone "wants the kill" and drives in front of your ship with your torpedoes already out of the tubes....  I've been pink quite a lot because the events require 15 wins......  That's 15 of the fastest matches some players play holding their noses because they can accomplish those wins twice as fast in COOP.  That means, those of us whom play COOP more, have to get use to these "event players" trying to get the match over as fast as possible and that means "doing whatever it takes" to expedite faster games......  Cutting in front of you, stealing kills, back field torpedoes, intentional ramming in the first encounter are all ploys to speed up those 15 mins BECAUSE COOP ARE GUARANTEED WINS !!!!

Every day, you can see the ramming gimmick:  it takes about five minutes a game and in one hour or less, you can be done with the 15 wins..........  Crash (ram) your DD, start a new game in another DD, crash that DD...........over and over.

Ehh I'm more driven crazy by the guys who kite the back line for the "perfect win" for 15-20 minutes. It's co-op, a nominal level of aggression will get you your 500-750xp and a new game inside 5-10 minutes. If you are steam rolling through games your base xp isn't going to be extremely far off from a 50% player.  1000+ in a couple of games versus 1200+ in a single game for a potato such as myself.

The trying to shove you around an island to get you out of combat, getting in between you and the ship you have been firing at, etc. Is just lulz. If people realized how good Republique was at statpadding co-op they wouldn't have to bother compensating. :cap_book:

zESMKlh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
401
[TOG]
Members
2,772 posts
15,761 battles
3 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

It's all the new Atago and Asashio players. I have been hit with more friendly torps in the last 2 days then in the last 6 months 

Unless your a BB, you don't have to worry about Asashio torps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[DNTZ]
Members
241 posts
12,079 battles
8 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Ehh I'm more driven crazy by the guys who kite the back line for the "perfect win" for 15-20 minutes. It's co-op, a nominal level of aggression will get you your 500-750xp and a new game inside 5-10 minutes. If you are steam rolling through games your base xp isn't going to be extremely far off from a 50% player.  1000+ in a couple of games versus 1200+ in a single game for a potato such as myself.

The trying to shove you around an island to get you out of combat, getting in between you and the ship you have been firing at, etc. Is just lulz. If people realized how good Republique was at statpadding co-op they wouldn't have to bother compensating. :cap_book:

zESMKlh.gif

I welcome the campers as it means my games will be bigger.  I play a mix of co-op and random.  I use co-op to grind upper tier stock ships, some events, and when I want to get in closer/brawl.  Sometimes you need a good brawl after a few campy games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
861 posts
63 battles

That's basically all I do with Republique and Grosser Kurt Russell. It may not be efficient however it is hella fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[R-F]
Members
828 posts
6,661 battles

The irony is that "Co-op" is is a less cooperative game mode.  I'm just starting to realize this as I haven't done it very much.  The odds of winning in Co-op are so high that people are playing to maximize their score, not to win.  They're essentially playing against their own teammates, with a negligible chance of losing to the bots if things go really poorly.

The guy that dropped the torps may have just been a careless idiot, or he might have considered the situation and thought "I might hit the enemy or I might hit my teammate.  That's a risk I'm willing to take."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[WOLF6]
[WOLF6]
Members
66 posts
2,205 battles

We just came off of a holiday weekend, too. The additional free time has allowed more of the "spray & pray" use of torps in Co-op.

I found it quite entertaining how the number of "bots dodging my torps" posts increased slightly as well. Using the search instead of posting would have given them the trick to getting past that problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
609
[PVE]
Members
1,627 posts
6,873 battles
2 hours ago, Triela50 said:

It's all the new Atago and Asashio players. I have been hit with more friendly torps in the last 2 days then in the last 6 months 

THIS^^^, plus it was a holiday weekend, had some of the worse teams ever over this past weekend.....torps flying all over the place, at times that in itself was a challenge just to avoid all of them in the water

Part of what I seen over the weekend, is that it appears there were far more in co-op that had come over from PVP....NOT RAGGING ON ANYONE!!....but it looked like they were trying to play against the BOTS in the same manner they would play against humans....it just does not work, the BOTS do not back down, they just keep coming at you, they have no fear, they will attack until you are dead, or they are...seen several that found that out and then laughed when they complained about being dead so soon. The influx of players new to the mode along with those with new ships that they were unfamiliar with made for a scrambled egg mess.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[DENY]
Members
249 posts
6,941 battles
3 hours ago, Sparviero said:

Just one example since WG has saved me from my laziness and enabled replays. I'm really hoping it is from lazy bot scripts however the backline torpedus has been rather epic lately. Hopefully I am the only one feeling this way.

Yes dirty co-op game, waste of consumables, flags, camo. I don't care. :cap_popcorn:

Those weren't even "bad" torps. I've had a DD torp me from <1K, when the enemy ship was 10+K and travelling away from us, and literally, every torp hit my BB.

In COOP there are players that routinely lose to the BOTS in terms of XP.

Yesterday, there was a DD, playing a Z-39 who did not know DDs have guns. As in literally, he never fired his guns in the match, including at a DD that was .8K away from him and a BB that was .5K away from him, he literally waited until torps were reloaded, and torped burning ships at less than 1K health. Looking up his stats, he has many DDs that have 0 gun damage, and ramming damage is his highest damage on DDs.

It's hard I know, but you have to roll with the horrible when playing COOP. We'd much rather those players be in COOP rather than random or ranked.

Plus, there are many more people in COOP at the moment because they are unlocking the 500 doubloons from the Black ship missions. It's why I'm in COOP, it's just much faster to complete the missions this way. I've lost way too many missions by having the time expire, life gets busy and all, so I'm trying to unlock as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
861 posts
63 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Team damage needs to be removed from coop.

I am adamantly against that. Hell bring back fire and flood damage while you are at it. Removing team damage only benefits the min/maxer style of gameplay.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,148 posts
3,365 battles
7 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I play a lot of COOP......  Mostly COOP because random and ranked just aren't worth the time anymore....  What you posted happens every day....  I've had FF incidents because someone "wants the kill" and drives in front of your ship with your torpedoes already out of the tubes....  I've been pink quite a lot because the events require 15 wins......  That's 15 of the fastest matches some players play holding their noses because they can accomplish those wins twice as fast in COOP.  That means, those of us whom play COOP more, have to get use to these "event players" trying to get the match over as fast as possible and that means "doing whatever it takes" to expedite faster games......  Cutting in front of you, stealing kills, back field torpedoes, intentional ramming in the first encounter are all ploys to speed up those 15 mins BECAUSE COOP ARE GUARANTEED WINS !!!!

Every day, you can see the ramming gimmick:  it takes about five minutes a game and in one hour or less, you can be done with the 15 wins..........  Crash (ram) your DD, start a new game in another DD, crash that DD...........over and over.

If someone cut across your torps once they were out of the tubes then they were already between you and the target, in which case you're 100% to blame. You don't shoot torps if there's potentially going to be a friendly in the way, ever. Further, there is no "kill steal"; it's a team game, there is only "kill confirmed". Nobody is going to hold fire on a potential threat just to shine your ego. It's ironic that you mostly play co-op given how apparently bad you are at co-operating with your team.

Edited by Harathan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
334
[H_]
Members
908 posts
3 hours ago, Harathan said:

If someone cut across your torps once they were out of the tubes then they were already between you and the target, in which case you're 100% to blame. You don't shoot torps if there's potentially going to be a friendly in the way, ever. Further, there is no "kill steal"; it's a team game, there is only "kill confirmed". Nobody is going to hold fire on a potential threat just to shine your ego. It's ironic that you mostly play co-op given how apparently bad you are at co-operating with your team.

actually, no......  They seem to hide behind islands and dart out no matter where you are positioned.  They just don't care.  This is really simple:  when a DD is in smoke and there is a column of enemy ships approaching that smoke......the last place you'd put yourself in between the ememy and the in smoke DD.....!!!!  We are talking 5 K distances....  They cut in front of you or shoot you from behind...........  Stealing:  yes, there is because this is a FPS in an FFA dynamic.  They aren't "part of my team" for heavens sake and there is no voice communications...... 

I mostly play COOP because the game has imploded with meta's....  We've lost a large number of older players whom were here for the "pre-information age" LOS naval battles....  Radar has caused a great many to leave.  I didn't join them so I play COOP for something to do......when the weather precludes me from going to the range.......hoping, WG get's their head out of their fourth-point-of-contact and fixes the Random and Ranked battlespaces and gets rid of the meta scourges.  If not, there are other games !!!  We have the time and the assets to do just that.....  I figured,. I've give WG a chance. 

As for your condescending attitude, you have no idea what I can or can not do.........and, what is "bad" anyway?   In a silly make believe game......lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[PVE]
Members
231 posts
5,642 battles
40 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

actually, no......  They seem to hide behind islands and dart out no matter where you are positioned.  They just don't care.  This is really simple:  when a DD is in smoke and there is a column of enemy ships approaching that smoke......the last place you'd put yourself in between the ememy and the in smoke DD.....!!!!  We are talking 5 K distances....

You really expect people to twiddle their thumbs waiting for you to take a shot? At a 5k distance the odds of you hitting aren't that great to begin with. If you want to shoot you need to go in up close and be in front of everybody.

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,148 posts
3,365 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

They aren't "part of my team" for heavens sake

Yep, I think the root cause of the problem is obvious at this point.

2 hours ago, evanr1940 said:

You really expect people to twiddle their thumbs waiting for you to take a shot?

That's exactly what he expects. See above where he thinks he's playing a single player game.

Edited by Harathan
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
334
[H_]
Members
908 posts
9 hours ago, Harathan said:

Yep, I think the root cause of the problem is obvious at this point.

That's exactly what he expects. See above where he thinks he's playing a single player game.

You all are seriously confused.  COOP is a game mode for players to learn, grow and experiment....individuals.    Smaller in scope, time and size, COOP is a FPS based mode....  It's existence is based on what "you" do vis-a'-vis "we" did...   Clan battles are the only actual team mode.  Clans are formal, defined team events where teams are rewarded....  Being in a clan gives you group benefits throughout the entire game....

Random only rewards the individual player's efforts.   Ranked does the same thing, again, in a smaller footprint because there is no "formal arrangement" of the players.....  Individual rewards are the basis of a FPS.........yes?!?!  Isn't the "get GuD" a comment on individual performance????

Root Cause:  I'm not sure you know what a root cause is?  If you assume that I play this game as a FPS is a root cause of my post, that is not logical.....because the game is a FPS with only one mode of it's entire game play outline as "team required."  A bad assumption on your part......leads to incorrect statements, eh?!

If this isn't a FPS, explain the need for an individual leader board?  Their would only be Clan lists that meant anything in a team required game......  Don't you just hate the reality of this.....  A good discussion !  Good hunting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,148 posts
3,365 battles
44 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I’m playing the game as if it’s single player, but anything negative that happens is obviously everyone else’s fault.

 

Yep, we understood you the first time you said it.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,087 posts
On 11/27/2018 at 10:50 AM, Brhinosaurus said:

The irony is that "Co-op" is is a less cooperative game mode.  I'm just starting to realize this as I haven't done it very much.

It depends.

If you're with people you know (and like), there is plenty of good sportsmanship and cooperation. Sometimes even from total strangers.

I play Co-op exclusively, and when I bump into players like Adm Thunder, J30, or others it's like old home week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[TF_34]
Members
1,141 posts
7,078 battles
On 11/27/2018 at 9:11 AM, Asym_KS said:

I play a lot of COOP......  Mostly COOP because random and ranked just aren't worth the time anymore....  What you posted happens every day....  I've had FF incidents because someone "wants the kill" and drives in front of your ship with your torpedoes already out of the tubes....  I've been pink quite a lot because the events require 15 wins......  That's 15 of the fastest matches some players play holding their noses because they can accomplish those wins twice as fast in COOP.  That means, those of us whom play COOP more, have to get use to these "event players" trying to get the match over as fast as possible and that means "doing whatever it takes" to expedite faster games......  Cutting in front of you, stealing kills, back field torpedoes, intentional ramming in the first encounter are all ploys to speed up those 15 mins BECAUSE COOP ARE GUARANTEED WINS !!!!

Every day, you can see the ramming gimmick:  it takes about five minutes a game and in one hour or less, you can be done with the 15 wins..........  Crash (ram) your DD, start a new game in another DD, crash that DD...........over and over.

Coop isnt as much a match as it is a race for what little rewards there are available. You see a LOT of selfish play, people intentionally driving into friendly torps, ramming, pushing other players off course, etc. 

Unfortunately if you don't play hyper aggressively the match may be over before you get any damage in. I still have matches that end before I've gotten in position to take the first shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×