You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Uncle_Lou

Useless coupon

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
315 posts
4,076 battles

So I was awarded a coupon for the Premium  Shop earlier tonight after a battle.  At the risk of sounding ungrateful, the restrictions placed on this coupon make it 100% worthless to me.  There is literally nothing in the shop that I want that isn't blacked out by the restrictions on the coupon.  "Vast selection"...  right.  I appreciate the gesture, but won't be opening my wallet to use this coupon.  Why even offer coupons if you are going to restrict so much?

Joke coupon.jpg

• Cool 3

[KAPPA]
Members
358 posts
4,642 battles

It can honestly be a massive pain in the rear to use a coupon like that. Because, seriously, that's most of the items in the shop!

Community Department
2,208 posts
542 battles
3 hours ago, Uncle_Lou said:

So I was awarded a coupon for the Premium  Shop earlier tonight after a battle.  At the risk of sounding ungrateful, the restrictions placed on this coupon make it 100% worthless to me.  There is literally nothing in the shop that I want that isn't blacked out by the restrictions on the coupon.  "Vast selection"...  right.  I appreciate the gesture, but won't be opening my wallet to use this coupon.  Why even offer coupons if you are going to restrict so much?

Spoiler

Joke coupon.jpg

I see. Thanks for such feedback. There are still 6 days left to use it. Packages highly likely will receive an update next month. So it doesn't look 100% useless. 

• Bad 5

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
505 posts
13,296 battles

No it is useless, almost everything in the shop is considered at a "discount"

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,619 posts
2,103 battles

Tried to use that one myself..    Chuckled for a bit after I realized it was pretty much useless..   KIND OF FELT LIKE I HAD BEEN TROLLED.         

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,032 posts
6,441 battles

it should be 15% and work on a few more things if you guys want people to use it.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,236 posts
6,596 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Packages highly likely will receive an update next month. So it doesn't look 100% useless. 

Well, it better happen right around of the first of the month, since there are only six days left. But then, of  course the OP might might try to use Amazon Pay or Paypal and have his coupon held hostage until the WoWs premium shop releases it, by which time it may be expired.

I am reminded of some limit problems from high school math...I don't have the right typesetting, but I believe I can express it in words:

Limit of coupon value as WoWs user approaches purchase =0%.

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles

WG considers it's packages as a discounted item which, as I have stated in previous threads, is a mistake.

[RLGN]
Beta Testers
57 posts
1,787 battles

It's just marketing disguised as a reward. Discounting electrons costs WG nothing though sales might contribute to global warming ;)

[DENY]
Members
259 posts
6,961 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

WG considers it's packages as a discounted item which, as I have stated in previous threads, is a mistake.

This, so much this!!!

The giant multi ship packages are one thing, but when you have 1 ship, or 2 ships, and you can use the coupon on the base ship package, but not the upgraded package, with flags, is ridiculous.

[WOLF9]
Members
315 posts
4,076 battles
15 hours ago, turbo07 said:

I see. Thanks for such feedback. There are still 6 days left to use it. Packages highly likely will receive an update next month. So it doesn't look 100% useless. 

Again, I do not mean to sound ungrateful - the idea of random coupon rewards is a good one.  It is just unfortunate that it has so many restrictions on it that at this time there is nothing I want to buy that the coupon is good for.  Come December 1 I will check the shop again to see if anything has changed.  I am hopeful that going forward the restrictions on coupons such as this will be reviewed and hopefully more items be included rather than excluded, because I do like the idea of being awarded random coupons.  I had fully intended to take advantage until I realized that everything I was interested in purchasing was excluded.

• Cool 1

[SPV]
Members
119 posts
2,674 battles

Hey now, with those $3 dollar savings you could probably buy yourself a decent irl ice cream cone. Good Humor, mind you. Häagen-Dazs is a bit too pricy.

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
414 posts
2,516 battles

I never really use coupons from WG because after I check a couple things I think I might buy with the discount and find out that the coupon doesn't apply, I come to the conclusion that I'm not going to check every item in the store just to end up finding out that the one thing it's good for is some obscure pack with 15 signal flags, 21.6 hours of premium time and a fugly neon green polar bear flag.

I have no idea what I could buy with it, and all the things I like it doesn't work on, so I don't buy anything.  Call all them grocery stores stupid, but I don't think that's the way coupons usually work...