You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
grungemusiclover

I can't playback replays.

5 comments in this topic

[AR]
Members
1 post
2,090 battles

So I just played a good BB game and I have the replay but it has a blank white tab next to the file name instead of the WOW icon that I've seen them have in videos. Furthermore I've read you have to choose that you want to open them with World Of Warship.exe which is in the WOW folder but even after unchecking the hide extensions box in my PC's control panel I still don't see the WOW extension. 

Update... I found the extension but when I choose it I get a Critical Error Occurred message and it says the application must close.

Edited by grungemusiclover

Members
2,907 posts
6,014 battles
5 minutes ago, grungemusiclover said:

So I just played a good BB game and I have the replay but it has a blank white tab next to the file name instead of the WOW icon that I've seen them have in videos. Furthermore I've read you have to choose that you want to open them with World Of Warship.exe which is in the WOW folder but even after unchecking the hide extensions box in my PC's control panel I still don't see the WOW extension. 

Your suppose to right click on the replay file and choose open as...a menu will open and browse to the hard drive, games, wow something NA and then choose the 20 meg WOW file .EXE.  Thats what 'associated it' so that when you click on the replay file it knows which program is suppose to run it.   You can also 'search' in the forum under keyword 'replay' for additional info as well.   Another way is to take the replay file and 'drop' it on the WOW.exe file and it will run it. 

[TBW]
Members
7,712 posts
14,140 battles
1 hour ago, grungemusiclover said:

Update... I found the extension but when I choose it I get a Critical Error Occurred message and it says the application must close.

Right click, open with, world of warships. The game can't be playing already.

[M_S]
Members
32 posts
1,913 battles

I encountered an issue as well when I tried to play a replay for the first time today.

I fixed it after the error said it could not access "system32/profile/python.log".

Well, my steam library is on another partition outside of the OS partition (C:, steamlibrary is on D:), and the WorldOfWarships.exe did not have the privileges to access this part of my OS.

If you happen to have a similar setup to mine, you will need to right click -> properties -> tick "run as administrator" for WorldOfWarships.exe for the replay to be able to run.

Unfortunately, when you want to play the game regularly again you have to untick "run as administrator" or you will get to the login screen with a message basically saying something went wrong.

Hopefully this will help someone and/or the support team. Cheers and GL!

Edited by Torsitch
mispelled privileges :D

[M_S]
Members
32 posts
1,913 battles

UPDATE (attn: DEVS):

After doing some assessments, I found I can play the replays WITHOUT RUN AS ADMIN as long as when I double-click the replay, and the Open With panel comes up, I have to uncheck "remember this program," and select the new patch/build's exe then press OK, otherwise it will use the older build's exe and thus not find the resources/entities necessary to play it, as the replay is of a newer build. Seems to be a peculiarity of my partition circumstance and/or Windows 10's mishandling of the Open With function (as if the World of Warships executable is not replaced with the newer build exe, as the first exe I chose is still available and will thus use that instead and not update World of Warships on the Open With program list with the one you choose to select otherwise). Could be other reasons, perhaps that I have disabled my Administrator default account for security issues. But just wanted to update the devs on this in case there could be some changes in scripting that might make a work around for this. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a Microsoft issue :P Anyways, cheers!

Edited by Torsitch
EDIT: Or is it that it was a little too soon to play the replay, as the training room is server-side and there was a delay in the replay's availability? IDK