You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

the French eagle opinions & commander builds please

13 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
1,322 posts
5,041 battles

Yes, I'm talking about the Ailge. I'm spending a few coal lumps for this ship. I'm looking for a few pointers as a place to start. I do not have a commander to place on the ship but it do come with a 3pt commander, better than zero points. From the reviews this ship needs something other than a standard DD build. Thank for the input

[TDRB]
Members
1,322 posts
5,041 battles
1 hour ago, driverzhang said:

the wows wiki has recommended captain skills, i didn't do well with the Ailge, you can find better DD turrets at tier 6...

I do see a lot of negative views of the Aigle. But I'm weird so it may work for me. I will use it mostly in coops & ops so the slow turrets will be less of an issue vs as a ship for randoms.

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
352 posts
3,938 battles

IFHE I put on it for fun.  iirc it pens everything below 30mm as the original HE pen values for 139s are 22mm and under.  It pushes past both the 25mm and 27mm.  Most cruisers dont have thick enough armor (besides on the belt) to not get penned (this covers T8 bracket as well).  Most battleships around your tier and below besides on the belt will take pen damage. (I dont have my port so I am just referencing from the top of my head)

To start off with I got Priority target (I'm just used to it.  Pick whatever you want.), Last Stand, BFT and then IFHE. Most other destroyers are likely going full concealment so even if you did the same build they would still be stealthier than you.

Perhaps then AFT, Superintendent(or whichever) and then Adrenaline rush (Chubby DD has plenty of HP) for great fun.  The thing is a little terror once you get all the guns on target.  Torps are fairly decent too.

[4HIM]
Members
1,954 posts
4,780 battles

Biggest weakness on the Egg is the glacial turret traverse.  I took MBM2 in the 3rd slot just to help that.  It's a 5% penalty to reload time, but the reload (even with MBM2) isn't horrible.  Once this captain gets to 12 points, I'll add EM and maybe swap out the 3rd slot for ASM1.  For my captain right now I'm running PT (some pick PM here instead, but I pretty much use PT by default), LS (required for a DD), SE (pushes you to over 19k hit points), and CE.  Next I'll add EM to boost turret traverse.  After that, probably BFT.

Thing I find with this ship is that I'll either have a really great game or a really bad one.  I look at my average damage with it and find I rarely have a game even close to those numbers.  I've played it where I've gotten 60k damage, followed by a battle where I've only gotten 3k.  Though I will say I'm NOT by any means a good DD player.  But I do enjoy playing this ship.  Given I'm not good (actually, downright horrible) in DD's I didn't play them much.  Once I got this ship it did get me interested in playing them more.  

[SF-A]
Members
2,949 posts
5,920 battles

PT, LS, SE, and something. IFHE for damage, AFT for range, or CE for making use of torpedoes.

Operation Raptor Rescue, you can just pop the speed boost and smoke that whole starting area. Very nice if you get a competent CV who spots.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,831 posts
8,796 battles

Aigle is a fun ship if you can handle turret traverse as well as mortar arc. My current build for Aigle is the following :

-PT

-LS

-BFT

-CE

I have 3 point remaining but this is where it becomes tricky  because I would love to take:

IFHE+DE+AR+SE+DE+AR+EM+PM

Basically I can switch CE for directly IFHE then I can go DE+AR+SE but I'll lose concealment which can be annoying in many situation.  I could switch AR for EM and have a better turret traverse but the DPM loss is pretty significant.

Eventually it ends up to your licking. Some people drop CE for other skill, me I keep it so I can have a small stealth torps window and somehow contest cap

Members
1,141 posts
7,098 battles

It's a piece of junk, don't make the mistake of buying it. Every other hit is engine out, steering, out etc. Takes large amounts of module damage compared to DDs of other nations. 

Members
2 posts
1,490 battles
7 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I do see a lot of negative views of the Aigle. But I'm weird so it may work for me. I will use it mostly in coops & ops so the slow turrets will be less of an issue vs as a ship for randoms.

yes, i mainly use it for ops and eventually sold it, aigle in random is brutal. The turrets take a while to get used to and they don't really fire much at most angles, tops not strong, just not well designed...

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles
9 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Yes, I'm talking about the Ailge. I'm spending a few coal lumps for this ship. I'm looking for a few pointers as a place to start. I do not have a commander to place on the ship but it do come with a 3pt commander, better than zero points. From the reviews this ship needs something other than a standard DD build. Thank for the input

You will find the gunnery a little frustrating until you get EM with your 12th point. I went with PT, LS, SE, CE, EM for the first 12 points. This is not a cap contestor, but a DD that supports other DDs. 

This is a good place to start collecting reviews.

[TDRB]
Members
1,322 posts
5,041 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

You will find the gunnery a little frustrating until you get EM with your 12th point. I went with PT, LS, SE, CE, EM for the first 12 points. This is not a cap contestor, but a DD that supports other DDs. 

This is a good place to start collecting reviews.

I have LWM book marked and it is the 1st place I go.