You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seagrizzly

50k Base XP for 2 Free BF Crates

28 comments in this topic

[SC]
Alpha Tester
149 posts
5,821 battles

Ok I get that they are free but this seems like such a grind for 2 free containers?  Am I crazy or does 50k base XP seem like a ton.  I mean for a "legendary module" you only need 40k base X and I thought that was a lot.  Now do that in a week granted you can use any ship.  I just want to make sure this was not some sort of mistake.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
1 minute ago, Seagrizzly said:

Ok I get that they are free but this seems like such a grind for 2 free containers?  Am I crazy or does 50k base XP seem like a ton.  I mean for a "legendary module" you only need 40k base X and I thought that was a lot.  Now do that in a week granted you can use any ship.  I just want to make sure this was not some sort of mistake.

Play Ops. I'm a co-op main and between co-op and Ops I have completed the 50k Cmdr XP, 50k XP, 50k FXP and am 12.5k into the 50k base XP. I did use flags and camo to boost earnings and have premium time.

I also finished the grind to Benson, Jervis and got Minsk and Jervis past the stock grind and on the way to the next ship by grinding Dynamo.

[SC]
Alpha Tester
149 posts
5,821 battles

I guess co-op games do go faster, and you do always win so that is also good but I just get so board playing them.  I know some people love it and that is fine but I usually do go co-op for a mission that needs wins cause you pretty much know you can get them fast.

I wonder how many co-op games do you think it took you to get 12.5k base xp so far?

I guess if you win every match and can average about 1000xp then it would be 50 games.

No clue what a good co-op game would net you.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,844 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I also finished the grind to Benson, Jervis and got Minsk and Jervis past the stock grind and on the way to the next ship by grinding Dynamo.

We need to get together to do this again this weekend if we can. The OP just pays out so well, can probably finish the missions easily and get a 19 pointer out of the deal for a few hours play. It was a shame we didn't have enough people to use the UK DDs. I stayed up until 4am finishing that stupid UK mission in co-op when it would have only taken a few hours of play in Dynamo. 

SeaGrizzley on a good game in co-op you net around 500 base xp. Less on an average game. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[SC]
Alpha Tester
149 posts
5,821 battles

So I just played my jean bart 2 kills 70k damage 3 defense and 2 spotted and got 480 base xp, so if we round to 500 that means only 100 games at a average of 8 min per game that is only 13.3 hours of straight gameplay to get the mission done LOL.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
28 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

We need to get together to do this again this weekend if we can. The OP just pays out so well, can probably finish the missions easily and get a 19 pointer out of the deal for a few hours play. It was a shame we didn't have enough people to use the UK DDs. I stayed up until 4am finishing that stupid UK mission in co-op when it would have only taken a few hours of play in Dynamo. 

SeaGrizzley on a good game in co-op you net around 500 base xp. Less on an average game. 

20 minutes ago, Seagrizzly said:

So I just played my jean bart 2 kills 70k damage 3 defense and 2 spotted and got 480 base xp, so if we round to 500 that means only 100 games at a average of 8 min per game that is only 13.3 hours of straight gameplay to get the mission done LOL.

yeah, Dynamo was giving me 1300-2000 base XP.

[WPP]
Members
625 posts
6,245 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

yeah, Dynamo was giving me 1300-2000 base XP.

That’s still 25-35 games.  I got the first 2 crates and got 1 day of premium and 2 Type 59 Camos.  If the purpose of an event is to entice play that’s not going to do it.  If it’s to reward players it flops on that too.  It’s a fine reward for a couple hours of play but that’s not what’s going on.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
762 posts
4,042 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, Dynamo is a great place to farm for your allied dds.  I will be looking to get Lightning, Benson and T7/8 Russian dds the next time it comes around.

[SC]
Alpha Tester
149 posts
5,821 battles

Yea it it a lot of grind for a gamble that isn't really worth it for me, but I am sure some will get it done.  Also like the Halloween ones where you grind and grind for a boat to play in the same thing you grind for and then just when you get it they take it all away lol.  I would rather have more double xp weekends and stuff like they used to have.

[EASY]
Members
72 posts
9,600 battles
5 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Yeah, Dynamo is a great place to farm for your allied dds.  I will be looking to get Lightning, Benson and T7/8 Russian dds the next time it comes around.

Captain just div up with 3 more clan mates and pick Dynamo, you don't have to wait for it to come around.

we do it with 4 ppl all the time.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,052 posts
9,627 battles

Yeah, it’s 25-40 games depending upon your luck and skill. For a causal that’s a lot but for some people that’s just a Tuesday. A casual guy could probably knock it out over a week, but personally I wouldn’t break my back over these containers. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,195 battles

I'll probably be able to finish the first three black container missions, but not this one...50k base XP is a lot, and no amount of boosters help...it's all about the base.  Plus, the premium containers I bought only yielded camos, so not expecting much from the regular containers to make it worth grinding 50k base XP.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,830 posts
4,095 battles

Ever since I got the 24 crates bundle. The free ones are worthless to me and so no need to rush on the missions.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,479 posts

Doesn't the chain run to the 7th of December?

If I remember that right, I have two weeks to grind the 50k base, as I'm finished with the other three.  I shouldn't have any trouble getting both that and the UK mission's 25k base XP done just by player at a normal rate. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,710 posts
10,077 battles
16 hours ago, Seagrizzly said:

Hmmm... yeah probably not worth it. But you may end up finishing up by just playing normally so.... 

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
11 minutes ago, Saint06 said:

Well I bought 6 and have got 4 or 5 free ones and 0 ships.

That's how RNG works. Some lucky soul will buy 6 and get 4 ships. Someone else will buy 24 and get no ships. Random is random.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,479 posts

For anyone wondering, it takes 5350 base XP to complete the two daily missions. 

If you play enough to get those daily missions done each day, you'll also have enough base XP to complete the last stage of the "thankful" chain in 9.3 days... figure you can go over a little bit each day and call it 9 days.

The mission chain goes until the 7th of December, which is 10 days from now, and crosses a weekend when more games can be played to make up for any shortfall.

You can get the 50000 base XP without excessive grinding.

[SPV]
Members
120 posts
2,679 battles
21 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

For anyone wondering, it takes 5350 base XP to complete the two daily missions. 

If you play enough to get those daily missions done each day, you'll also have enough base XP to complete the last stage of the "thankful" chain in 9.3 days... figure you can go over a little bit each day and call it 9 days.

The mission chain goes until the 7th of December, which is 10 days from now, and crosses a weekend when more games can be played to make up for any shortfall.

You can get the 50000 base XP without excessive grinding.

Are the Black Friday crates you earn in game even worth stressing about it though? So far all the ones I've gotten each yield 3 type 59 camo. No free xp, no doubloons, no premium, and no ships. It wouldn't surprise me if WG mucked around with the RNG so good drops from ingame crates are super rare. So, like I said? Why stress about it? You still got another week and a half to knock them all out.

Edited by CTMAADawson