You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Rewards that need a buff.

53 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles

Post suggested changes to rewards here.

This isn't the type of thing that one sees without data mining, but I've been doing a bit of data mining recently, so the first suggestion:

Change the More Credits containers to drop 100,000 Credits instead of 50,000.

Of all the daily containers, the More Credits option is the one least often chosen.  Of 874 containers collected by four players after More Resources was introduced, only 10** were More Credits -- a pitiful 1.4% selection rate.

Why so unpopular?  Because the yield is so skinny.   Make it an appealing container type again.

** These are assumed to have been player-selected.  The actual count is 12, but 2 are known to have been auto-selected

Since July 24:

• More Credits - 0.87%
  • More Signals - 9.3%
  • More Consumables - 2.2%
  • More Resources - 85.5%
  • TYL - negligible

I used to spam More Consumables before More Resources.   Now according to the numbers that container type could use some love too.  I'm not sure what to suggest.  Four Premium Consumables in Slot 2 instead of three?  Include *all* consumable types (except DCP) in Slot 2?  Drop Credits in Slot 3? 

An argument could be made that the 'average player' does not select More Resources at an 85% rate.  Is anyone selecting container types at a rate much different from the above ?

Edited by iDuckman
auto-selected Credits

[O7]
Members
5,006 posts
9,335 battles

I think it's more that credits don't have much value at all beyond a few thousand battles. The economy is so kind to the player that you end up making so much bank, you end up valuing signal crates for their anti det flags among other things, and coal because of unlocking ships in the future. credits will never have a value better than those things unless you absolutely crush the favorable economy to where lots of players who are average or around that MUST select credit crates, or are a beginner to the game trying out low tiers constantly, not playing too good yet and earning less credits and need something to supplement.

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
3 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I think it's more that credits don't have much value at all beyond a few thousand battles.

You're right in that player with lots of cash will never choose More Credits, no matter what it drops.  But I have a few thousand games and I'm Credit-poor.  A better More Credits yield would appeal to me.  I might very well choose More Credits. 

At the moment Credits are the limiting currency for most players below whale level, even though they can be purchased in the Shop. The buff might even help out those high-tier players that hemorrhage Credits because they can't afford the permanent camos. 

[FOXEH]
Members
3,425 posts
12,831 battles

Thanks iDuckman. Now that you've brought it up, WG is gonna nerf the more resources crates to inspire more selection of the other crates! I like my resources just as they are...

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
34 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Post suggested changes to rewards here.

This isn't the type of thing that one sees without data mining, but I've been doing a bit of data mining recently, so the first suggestion:

Change the More Credits containers to drop 100,000 Credits instead of 50,000.

Of all the daily containers, the More Credits option is the one least often chosen.  Of 874 containers collected by four players after More Resources was introduced, only 12** were More Credits -- a pitiful 1.4% selection rate.

Why so unpopular?  Because the yield is so skinny.   Make it an appealing container type again.

** These are assumed to have been player-selected.  If a number were auto-selected, the rate is even more pitiful.

Since July 24:

• More Credits - 1.4%
  • More Signals - 9.3%
  • More Consumables - 2.2%
  • More Resources - 85.5%
  • TYL - negligible

I used to spam More Consumables before More Resources.   Now according to the numbers that container type could use some love too.  I'm not sure what to suggest.  Four Premium Consumables in Slot 2 instead of three?  Include *all* consumable types (except DCP) in Slot 2?  Drop Credits in Slot 3? 

An argument could be made that the 'average player' does not select More Resources at an 85% rate.  Is anyone selecting container types at a rate much different from the above ?

Before the More Resources option was added, I selected more credits nearly all the time.  I never picked more consumables, because you'd get 2 consumables which are worth 45k, while the More Credits option would yield you 50k from a single credit drop.  Simply put, why pick consumables when you could pick credits and get enough to BUY those 2 consumables and have 5k profit?  As for signal flags, I'm swimming in so many of them that I've never worried about them.

But now that the More Resources option is available, it's the easy way to get a minimum of 1200 coal per day (if you pick up all 3 daily containers), and sometimes a bit more.

Honestly, if they wanted to improve these daily containers, I might suggest the following.

1. Remove the "more resources" option.  

2. Simply give out 400 coal with each container earned, regardless of the option selected, on top of whatever that container yields.

3. Remove most combat signal flags from the supercontainer drops.  Maybe keep the 100 anti-det flags, but I think that most SC signal flag drops should focus more on the standard and epic economic signal flags.

I suppose some other tweaks could be considered, but nothing comes to mind right now.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, if they wanted to improve these daily containers,

1. Riot
  2. Hmmm...
  3. I don't think SC contents are relevant to the daily containers, they occur so infrequently.  But it would be nice to get something besides standard signals.

My thinking on premium consumables was to never run out, so I never had to buy them.  (This was back when the default cost was Doubloons.)   Things are different now, but I still like to keep an inventory.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles

Credits has never really been an issue for me since I have the Missouri, so I can't comment on improving that container.  I do have to say though that ever since they added in the resources container with coal and FreeXP, I've only chosen that one.  Especially when they continue to push things with coal/FreeXP costs on us.  I'm probably not the only one either, so it would likely take a significant increase in the container rewards to move people away from choosing resources every time.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
31 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Thanks iDuckman. Now that you've brought it up, WG is gonna nerf the more resources crates to inspire more selection of the other crates! I like my resources just as they are...

Yeah, me too.  WG should be aware that they're risking riot should they go that route.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah, me too.  WG should be aware that they're risking riot should they go that route.

They've already said that they don't like how players are hoarding resources like FreeXP and Coal, yet they keep pushing out new ways to earn it in high amounts...

[AR]
Members
323 posts
12,213 battles

There are 3 rewards/buffs I can think off.

1) Buff the Type 3 Camo which gives only 3 bonuses and can ONLY be earned by reaching Ranked 1. These camos were awesome back in the day, not anymore and make reaching ranked 1 less rewarding.

2) Reward x10 Zulu flags for First blood achievement as opposed to x1.

3)A reward for Devastating Strike Achievement.

Members
2,091 posts
10,430 battles

Agreed that the credit rewards are lackluster.

I'd also like to see a large buff to the third crate you open per day. The third crate is substantially more difficult to earn than the first 2.

• Cool 2

[FAE]
Members
2,241 posts
2,770 battles

or heaven forbid, they remove daily containers all together and we play like alpha/beta. in a game where you realistically actually run out of battle improvement flags like the speed flag i have 400 of on two accounts.

[PVE]
Members
2,007 posts
18,485 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

I never picked more consumables, because you'd get 2 consumables which are worth 45k,

Actually you get 3 (worth 67.5k) & always have when you pick the consumables which is why I always picked the consumables over the $ crates before the more resources option.

Now it's 100% more resources because I can get ships w/them eventually & nothing in the other crates gives you a chance of that except the occasional SC that you can also get through the resource crates (or the free XP which is more abundant in the resource containers than any of the others).

1 hour ago, Aiser50 said:

3)A reward for Devastating Strike Achievement.

That would be cool...the 10 flags for 1st blood would be ok too but only if they replace them in the resource containers as I can't seem to use enough of them to make my count go down).

Making "clear sky" (whatever they changed the name to again...but just the 1 for other ships...not the CV 1) a heroic achievement would be more realistic as rarely as they occur (I've got a whopping 1-just recently-in over 13k battles so...yeah...those are easy to get).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,659 posts
7,914 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

** These are assumed to have been player-selected.  If a number were auto-selected, the rate is even more pitiful.

WRT my data, those were not player-selected. They were either mis-clicks or I forgot to collect containers at the end of the day and that's what got dumped on me.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
Just now, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

WRT my data, those were not player-selected. They were either mis-clicks or I forgot to collect containers at the end of the day and that's what got dumped on me.

Thanks.  I'll adjust the numbers.

Members
432 posts
5,475 battles

Some other rewards that could be improved:

Spotting damage rewards. Look WG I already made you an icon. Make it give speed flags.

Potential damage: like dreadnaught but for not getting hit / not getting hurt A LOT.

High priority on damage leads to damage farming useless potatos.

unknown.png

Members
2,632 posts
2,738 battles

I always assumed you would go credits because it had a higher chance at port/commander slots, but that was just my theory. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
754 posts
4,030 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

You're right in that player with lots of cash will never choose More Credits, no matter what it drops.  But I have a few thousand games and I'm Credit-poor.  A better More Credits yield would appeal to me.  I might very well choose More Credits. 

At the moment Credits are the limiting currency for most players below whale level, even though they can be purchased in the Shop. The buff might even help out those high-tier players that hemorrhage Credits because they can't afford the permanent camos. 

I am right with you.  I could sure use some more credits since I just purchased the Frederick the Great and now I am broke again.  I would take another look at "More Money" crates if they gave out more cash.  As it stands, "More Resources" is the way to go for me.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,113 posts
9,920 battles

I am miffed as I only select resources now and finally get a SC and received 100 Victor Lima signals. Hope they can fix SCs to act like regular containers and give something actually related to the type selected.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshiblue said:

I always assumed you would go credits because it had a higher chance at port/commander slots, but that was just my theory. 

The sole record I have of a Port Slot is from Consumables.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
5 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

I am miffed as I only select resources now and finally get a SC and received 100 Victor Lima signals.

That's a good drop!  Victor Lima, along with Equal Speed Charlie London, is the most expensive standard signal in the game. 

That crate is worth 1.2M Cr.

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles

Wow, didn’t realise that More Resources was so popular. I’ve been taking TYL for the best part of this year (instead of flags) in the forlorn hope of a Nikolai. 

But given Musashi etc will be pulled soon, I might need to start taking more resources to get those ships. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles

Also, I think people’s credit situation depends on a few things, like: if they run premium time; if they have bought/earnt gold for perma camo; if they have the Missouri; if they run a mix of tiers.

If players don’t have those things, and mostly run T8+, then I think they feel the credit crunch pretty hard. 

But for players like me, credits are 100% useless. 

[ARGSY]
Members
7,182 posts
4,874 battles
9 hours ago, Deno said:

They've already said that they don't like how players are hoarding resources like FreeXP and Coal, yet they keep pushing out new ways to earn it in high amounts...

I wouldn't be hoarding coal if I didn't need so much to buy your T9 and T10 premium ships, WG.  Mind you, "hoarding" is a relative term as I've lost track of how much I have already spent this year. Aigle (with a coupon), Campbeltown, the entire Bismarck collection, the Second Anniversary collection, most of the French and Dunkirk collections, John Doe...

I most likely could have had the Musashi already if I had hoarded it all instead, but I've had a lot of fun with what I actually bought.

5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The sole record I have of a Port Slot is from Consumables.

I had a run of getting them out of More Credits containers, plus a supercontainer on one occasion that I recall. But ever since they put in containers that guaranteed coal and let me swap it for premium ships and other cool stuff, I've been spamming it like a madman.

[-WPG-]
Members
972 posts
3,904 battles
4 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Wow, didn’t realise that More Resources was so popular. I’ve been taking TYL for the best part of this year (instead of flags) in the forlorn hope of a Nikolai. 

But given Musashi etc will be pulled soon, I might need to start taking more resources to get those ships. 

Resource crates are so attractive because, in addition to coal, you get so many resource flags (xp, captain xp, free xp, credits).  Those are so much more valuable than standard flags that it makes it a no brainer.