Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Helstrem

Draw of Tier IX premiums post Missouri & Musashi

29 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
2,173 battles

Once you obtain Missouri and Musashi it seems to me that the utility of more Tier IX premiums is dramatically reduced.  Missouri hauls in the credits and Musashi churns out the Elite Commander EXP.  Future ships need to either have a strong historical draw, be fantastically fun to play or do something like increased FXP or Coal production.  Fake ships like Kronshtadt (sp?) have no draw at all for me and historically insignificant ships like Jean Bart and Alaska have limited appeal for the price, nor can I really think of any likely candidate ships I would spring for at the prices asked.

Anybody else who has Missouri and Musashi feel the same?

Members
254 posts
8,041 battles

I can tell you this brohan, if i can ever get to playing again, I would buy a t9 DD or light cruiser instead of my MO or kronny. They don't offer them so its a real bummer brohan.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles
10 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Once you obtain Missouri and Musashi it seems to me that the utility of more Tier IX premiums is dramatically reduced.  Missouri hauls in the credits and Musashi churns out the Elite Commander EXP.  Future ships need to either have a strong historical draw, be fantastically fun to play or do something like increased FXP or Coal production.  Fake ships like Kronshtadt (sp?) have no draw at all for me and historically insignificant ships like Jean Bart and Alaska have limited appeal for the price, nor can I really think of any likely candidate ships I would spring for at the prices asked.

I dunno. I’ve been enjoying the Alsace, and I don’t regularly drive my Missouri much anymore as I am not in a credit crunch, even after buying and equipping 8 T10s for the SC event a couple of months ago, stilll have 100 mil credits. 

But generally would agree with you - the other T9s don’t seem as much fun. I am hoping for the Alaska to be good, and I would like a DD at some point...

Members
557 posts
3,803 battles

T9 or T10 premium DD is on the top of my wish list.  I'd settle for a CL.  Gotta gun for my fun.

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,387 battles

There are enough BBs & Cruisers time for a decent T9 DD

[SVF]
Members
989 posts
1,362 battles
25 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I would like a DD at some point...

15 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

T9 or T10 premium DD is on the top of my wish list.  I'd settle for a CL.  Gotta gun for my fun.

12 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

You guys are in luck then, since we recently had a T9 Russian DD  (that I am not even going to try spelling out) revealed to us.

Alpha Tester
3,496 posts
3,874 battles

Some of us play this game because we actually like using a variety of ships that have different playstyles- which notably, all the T9 FXP ships do.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,387 battles
4 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Some of us play this game because we actually like using a variety of ships that have different playstyles- which notably, all the T9 FXP ships do.

Which one plays like a DD?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
2,173 battles
4 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Sure, but the cost to get those could instead get you many other ships, unless you're such a whale that you already have all the other ships.

Alpha Tester
3,496 posts
3,874 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

Sure, but the cost to get those could instead get you many other ships, unless you're such a whale that you already have all the other ships.

I have spent precisely 0 dollars on T9 premiums and don't plan on spending any more. WG hands out all these flags, why would I pay for a T9 ship when I can get them free?

[HYDRO]
Members
1,864 posts
3,961 battles
24 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Not only that, but even the Cruisers have to be "superheavy" ones. I would like to see a T9 FXP CL as well.

As for DDs, can't speak about decent, but hey, at least it exists.

[5IN]
Members
70 posts
14,756 battles

The HMAS Vampire, a Daring class ship would make a great T9 free xp premium DD. She had one torpedo rack so like a more powerful Cossack. Maybe with the creeping smoke like the Haida.  

• Cool 1

Members
557 posts
3,803 battles
17 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Not only that, but even the Cruisers have to be "superheavy" ones. I would like to see a T9 FXP CL as well.

As for DDs, can't speak about decent, but hey, at least it exists.

Yeah....I forgot about that revelation at the Anchors Away event.  I'm still not sure what to think about a stealthy RU DD with 2x2 MB.  Still, we asked...we got.  Probably should be more specific with our questions next time huh...

So about those CL's... 

Edited by Uber_Ghost
  • Funny 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
2,173 battles
21 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

I have spent precisely 0 dollars on T9 premiums and don't plan on spending any more. WG hands out all these flags, why would I pay for a T9 ship when I can get them free?

You spent the FXP.  That can also be spent to research ships you don't have, for those of us who don't have all lines researched.

Members
3,481 posts
8,660 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

Essentially, yes.

Hopefully Neustrashimy will lead in another direction.

Edited by MrKillmister

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles
31 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Variety of play and/or collector.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
2,173 battles
8 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

Does the Musashi give better Captain XP than other ships?

If you have the High School fleet camouflage for it, which I do, yes.

• Cool 1

[FBXGC]
Members
193 posts
1,796 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

If you have the High School fleet camouflage for it, which I do, yes.

Ah, so nothing someone who doesn't already have the HSF Camo would care about? I assume that camo is no longer available?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
2,173 battles
Just now, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

Ah, so nothing someone who doesn't already have the HSF Camo would care about? I assume that camo is no longer available?

That I don't know, but I would suspect you are correct.

Musashi does post very high damage games and a high win rate, so I suspect it would be slightly better even without that, but nothing enough to push one to get it if one didn't already want it.

• Cool 1

[FBXGC]
Members
193 posts
1,796 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

That I don't know, but I would suspect you are correct.

Musashi does post very high damage games and a high win rate, so I suspect it would be slightly better even without that, but nothing enough to push one to get it if one didn't already want it.

Thanks for the timely and useful replies. So as someone who is already to the Nagato, intends on getting Yamato(soonish), Musashi doesn't need to be high on my must have list. If I have no intention of playing enough IJN BB to warrant needing to level a 2nd or 3rd IJN BB captain, that FXP is better spent getting the upgrades at each tier to speed the leveling process than on the Musashi. Or at least that's how I am leaning.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,864 posts
3,961 battles
20 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

So about those CL's... 

Hey, if I had all the answers on the subject I would be a WG employee :Smile-_tongue:. Of course there have been a few suggestions, however some stats would have to be stretched to fit them at tier IX. The Swiftsure class could potentially be a candidate, a 3x3 152mm predecessor of Neptune. Another could be one of the De Zeven Provincien class, though again this would be a bit of a stretch.

5 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

The campaign and the missions that rewarded the camo are no longer available and the collaboration was ended prematurely in September since the studio behind HSF declared bankruptcy.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
2,173 battles
1 minute ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

Thanks for the timely and useful replies. So as someone who is already to the Nagato, intends on getting Yamato(soonish), Musashi doesn't need to be high on my must have list. If I have no intention of playing enough IJN BB to warrant needing to level a 2nd or 3rd IJN BB captain, that FXP is better spent getting the upgrades at each tier to speed the leveling process than on the Musashi. Or at least that's how I am leaning.

If you like IJN BBs I'd get it as it is a great trainer and has the nice advantage of having a near Tier X in a Tier IX slot and as a premium it doesn't need a dedicated captain.  You can just plop your Nagato or Yamato captain into it at will.  Play style would be very similar to Yamato, but due to the lack of the Legendary Module, which for Yamato is recommended, the Musashi has a slightly higher rate of fire at the cost of lower accuracy.  Musashi has the same accuracy as Izumo, but 460mm guns rather than 410mm guns, has Yamato armor and health.

• Cool 1

Members
432 posts
5,475 battles
1 hour ago, landcollector said:

You guys are in luck then, since we recently had a T9 Russian DD  (that I am not even going to try spelling out) revealed to us.

Yeah, too bad it's an undergunned Grozovoi.

Neustrashimy in it's current state does not look competitive or even remotely decent.

Meanwhile, HMAS Vampire (Battle class) is just waiting to be implemented.

Imagine a daring with 2 minute creeping smoke but one less torp tube.

Oh yeah. I want it. 

[ANZ4C]
Members
175 posts
7,228 battles
15 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Yeah, too bad it's an undergunned Grozovoi.

Neustrashimy in it's current state does not look competitive or even remotely decent.

Meanwhile, HMAS Vampire (Battle class) is just waiting to be implemented.

Imagine a daring with 2 minute creeping smoke but one less torp tube.

Oh yeah. I want it. 

Vampire is already in game as a tier 3 destroyer. You'll need to find another name.

Sign in to follow this