Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vorlonagent

I like The Products, but don't Like the Bundles

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
64 posts
2,765 battles

I want more ways of buying what I want from the Premium store.  The bundles there force me to buy things I do not want when I buy things I do want.

• I really like the Black camo ships, especially for the Massachusetts and would pay to have it as a permanent camo.  I already own a Mass.  I don't really want to own two.  If I have to buy a second ship to get the camo, I should be refunded the full doubloon price for buying a second Mass, which looks to be 8925 doubloons, not 250 * 10 missions I would be getting.
  • I'm not against WG selling black ships however.   don't own a Tirpitz.  Maybe I'll buy the Black Tirpitz.
  • I like the Shadow Lurker camo.  I might buy 40 or more.  But I don't want to buy the doubloons or premium time that are bundled with them.  I run a premium account but I buy in 90 or 180 day chunks.  I buy my doubloons the same way. 

Maybe the Premium shop can offer a custom bundle creator the same way they offer "any amount of doubloons".  I could use that to put together bundle of only things I want from the shop,.  If I had my wish, I would buy something like [Black Tirpitz ship, 100 Shadow Lurker camos and just the permanent camo for the Black Mass]  That'd be worth about what?  $50 - $60 USD give or take? 

Or maybe implement a shopping cart system.  The Premium store definitely needs a shopping cart system.

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles

@vorlonagent There are plenty of people here on the forum who would have loved it if WG had just sold the Black perma-camo as a stand-alone product.  Heck, they could have also created a bundle where they sold the normal Tirpitz (for example) with the Black perma-camo as part of the bundle.  But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they had to create a completely different version of these ships.  Now, I know that some people like the idea of being able to own 2 versions of the same ships.  But if I had to guess, I think that those people would be a small minority of the paying customer base.

Regarding the Shadow Lurker camo bundles, I was just thinking the same thing only a few minutes ago.  Why bother bundling in premium time and doubloons?  Why not also sell a larger packages of the Shadow Lurker camos without bundling it with the other stuff.  

Another gripe I have is with the discount coupons.  I get that they don't want to allow stacking of the coupons with the big discounted items, but it'd be nice if you could use them with lesser items.  Like the signal flag bundles, or the Shadow Lurker or Cornocopia camo bundles.

[PVE]
Members
10,842 posts
7,979 battles
1 hour ago, vorlonagent said:

I want more ways of buying what I want from the Premium store.  The bundles there force me to buy things I do not want when I buy things I do want.

• I really like the Black camo ships, especially for the Massachusetts and would pay to have it as a permanent camo.  I already own a Mass.  I don't really want to own two.  If I have to buy a second ship to get the camo, I should be refunded the full doubloon price for buying a second Mass, which looks to be 8925 doubloons, not 250 * 10 missions I would be getting.
  • I'm not against WG selling black ships however.   don't own a Tirpitz.  Maybe I'll buy the Black Tirpitz.
  • I like the Shadow Lurker camo.  I might buy 40 or more.  But I don't want to buy the doubloons or premium time that are bundled with them.  I run a premium account but I buy in 90 or 180 day chunks.  I buy my doubloons the same way. 

Maybe the Premium shop can offer a custom bundle creator the same way they offer "any amount of doubloons".  I could use that to put together bundle of only things I want from the shop,.  If I had my wish, I would buy something like [Black Tirpitz ship, 100 Shadow Lurker camos and just the permanent camo for the Black Mass]  That'd be worth about what?  $50 - $60 USD give or take? 

Or maybe implement a shopping cart system.  The Premium store definitely needs a shopping cart system.

I can see why they did the Black ships. Lots of people are collectors. Some want to play the same ship with a different setup without having to demount upgrades. Lots of people want the Black perma-camo. When the sales of the Black ships slow down, i would not be surprised to see the Black perma-camo being sold. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
64 posts
2,765 battles
52 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I can see why they did the Black ships. Lots of people are collectors. Some want to play the same ship with a different setup without having to demount upgrades. Lots of people want the Black perma-camo. When the sales of the Black ships slow down, i would not be surprised to see the Black perma-camo being sold. 

Unfortunately the Black permanent camos are also likely to be bundled with something I don't want.  It's why I didn't buy the Paris space camo when it was offered.  

Which brings me back to my original point.  Just sell me the damned camo!  If you want to sell me a bundle, maybe let me pick what's in it.

I thought a little on how a build-your-own-bundle might work.  I built my concept around giving $15 jumps.  At $30 USD, give the customer 5% off the entire bundle, 10% at $45, 15% at $60 to a maximum of 25% or 30%.  If WG wants to push items like doubloons, credits and premium time, the system can upsell me items that put me over the next savings threshold.  So if I have $35 in my bundle and 5% off, the Bundle-system can have a sidebar that upsells me with $10 items that take the savings to 10% off.  It might buy some customer goodwill to have a sales system that is helping them lowball to the next savings threshold. 

I'm sure the marketers at WG can do a better system than this but it's a place to start talking about it.

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Members
185 posts
3,877 battles

Yes I got the Magnu-S skin for the Tirptiz and do not own the ship.  Putting out the Black ships as separate ships really got to me.  So for people like myself you want us to buy two versions of the same ship?  If you just put the stuff out for decent prices I'd be buying it up.  Instead I feel like I am being ripped off and end up not buying anything. 

And then after buying a few black friday containers, people in my clan got buy one get one free coupons that said " pssst don't tell anyone!"  That was it for me, lol I was heated.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[NOBS]
Members
650 posts
6,707 battles

Well this doesn't apply to the black ships, but I bought both graf spee's just to farm captain XP. Now I'm enjoying a couple of the "blacks" I have now and I'm thinking about getting the same boat to farm captain XP also

• Bad 5

Sign in to follow this