You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OgreMkV

WG turned on the "In Game Currency" again

21 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,263 posts
8,675 battles

Be warned, WG has turned on the "Resupply using in game currency button" again. 

I just noticed it sadly. So far I've lost nearly 10% of my dubloons to this. I was at 5500, now I'm at 5180. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
Just now, OgreMkV said:

Be warned, WG has turned on the "Resupply using in game currency button" again. 

I just noticed it sadly. So far I've lost nearly 10% of my dubloons to this. I was at 5500, now I'm at 5180. 

Not for me. 

49Vc8rn.jpg

Now when you disable flags for a ship and then re-enable them again, the resupply box is checked. But that happens whether there is a patch that day or not. Yes, this was set to enable before the patch and was unclicked. After the patch, it was still unclicked.

Before I clicked enable resupply after adding flags.

2q4Sv0s.jpg

After I clicked enable. Whenever you click enable, un-click the check box.

DPWRReZ.jpg

Members
3,662 posts
6,376 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Not for me. 

49Vc8rn.jpg

Now when you disable flags for a ship and then re-enable them again, the resupply box is checked. But that happens whether there is a patch that day or not. Yes, this was set to enable before the patch and was unclicked. After the patch, it was still unclicked.

2q4Sv0s.jpg

DPWRReZ.jpg

Does  not happen to me either...

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,382 posts
19,417 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Not for me. 

49Vc8rn.jpg

2q4Sv0s.jpg

DPWRReZ.jpg

He talk about if you don't have any flags left. It's a bug that came with the last update.

I'm not sure if you can get a refund if you write a ticket. But you may do it just to inform WG about the problem.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

He talk about if you don't have any flags left. It's a bug that came with the last update.

I'm not sure if you can get a refund if you write a ticket. But you may do it just to inform WG about the problem.

Yes, if the resupply box is checked, when you run out of flags, the game will use doubloons to restock those flags. Whenever you click enable to resupply your flags, the box is checked. This happened before and after the patch. I had multiple ships that had the box unchecked and they were not checked after the patch. 

Now if you think that the patch is changing the check box when it updates, take a screenshot of the flags and box the night before the patch when you turn off the game. Then after the patch, take another screen shot. If the check box has changed without your input, then open a ticket and submit the screenshots.

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
129 posts
5,604 battles

I believe him. I reinstalled my folder and all my settings got reset. They are either overwriting the local file or not storing the setting on the servers anymore.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
1 minute ago, EasternSun said:

I believe him. I reinstalled my folder and all my settings got reset. They are either overwriting the local file or not storing the setting on the servers anymore.

It might only be happening to certain players. Maybe the hardware changed or the software from WG or someone else entirely changed on the PC and some small bug causes the problem. If you think that your check boxes are being changed, when patch 7.12 drops, take screenshots the night before. Then if the boxes are changing, submit a ticket. There are soo many variables that can cause problems for a small bug that are hard to find if it only happens to some people. Especially, if support doesn't get a ticket and get the chance to troubleshoot to gather data.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles

Wargaming needs to just remove the doubloon cost of signals/camo in the UI and be done with it.  If players run out, they can pick more up with coal in the arsenal or get them through the premium shop.

Then again, having sneaky doubloon costs is probably their way of trying to slowly remove some of the doubloons that people have gotten through sales and containers.

[POP]
Members
1,263 posts
8,675 battles

I know that you can unclick them. 

About four months ago, I went through and unchecked them for every ship (after losing several hundred dubloons). I did see that if no flags are on the ship, adding a flag and clicking enable for autoresupply, the use in game currency button will appear checked. 

New ships also automatically start with the use in game currency button checked if you add a flag. 

Now, of 115 ships in port, 38 of them had flags. Of those, every ship where there was only 1 of a flag available had the use in game currency checked, even though I had unchecked all of them except Mass-B, Tirp-B, Atago-B, and Republique. Which are the newest ships in port. 

So, at some point, I don't know when, all the settings I had set were undone. Again. 

• Cool 1

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
129 posts
5,604 battles

War-gaming can't seem to figure out that this is and a horrible way to treat players. Eventually everyone will just say no more to this sleazy way to take Doubloons from their players. Give us the GLOBAL "I DON'T EVER WANT TO USE DOUBLOONS" option for consumables.

[RLGN]
Members
8,645 posts
17,894 battles

Is more of an issue for very casual players maybe? (just a few games a day?) I can usually get the 2k and 10k containers, and except for buy the 5 economy flags in the shop or Arsenal, those two containers and task/mission awards have been plenty to keep me in the rest of the signals...

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
9 minutes ago, Deno said:

Wargaming needs to just remove the doubloon cost of signals/camo in the UI and be done with it.  If players run out, they can pick more up with coal in the arsenal or get them through the premium shop.

Then again, having sneaky doubloon costs is probably their way of trying to slowly remove some of the doubloons that people have gotten through sales and containers.

1 minute ago, EasternSun said:

War-gaming can't seem to figure out that this is and a horrible way to treat players. Eventually everyone will just say no more to this sleazy way to take Doubloons from their players. Give us the GLOBAL "I DON'T EVER WANT TO USE DOUBLOONS" option for consumables.

Flags should default to having the box unchecked when you click enable. The premium consumable used to default to doubloons and you would have to check credits before adding it to your ship. Now it is only credits. Complain about the box being checked all you want, but WG is not proactively changing the check box on the patch as I had multiple ships with flags and the box unchecked and they did not switch.

3 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

I know that you can unclick them. 

About four months ago, I went through and unchecked them for every ship (after losing several hundred dubloons). I did see that if no flags are on the ship, adding a flag and clicking enable for autoresupply, the use in game currency button will appear checked. 

New ships also automatically start with the use in game currency button checked if you add a flag. 

Now, of 115 ships in port, 38 of them had flags. Of those, every ship where there was only 1 of a flag available had the use in game currency checked, even though I had unchecked all of them except Mass-B, Tirp-B, Atago-B, and Republique. Which are the newest ships in port. 

So, at some point, I don't know when, all the settings I had set were undone. Again. 

Any time you click enable to resupply flags, the resupply with doubloons box is automatically checked. That happens now and happened before the patch. People are reporting that the check box is changing after patches. It could be they forgot that they disabled and then later re-enabled the flags and that checked the box. It could be some bug that is doing it. Patch 7.12 should drop Nov 12th. The night before set up multiple ships and uncheck the boxes. Take screenshots. Then if after the patch, if the box is checked, open a ticket to support. Because not everyone is having this problem.

• Bad 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Any time you click enable to resupply flags, the resupply with doubloons box is automatically checked.

To emphasize, Any time you click enable.  That means if you Disable, then select Enable again, the checkbox will come up checked.  That's the way it works.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
10 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

@Gneisenau013@Radar_X@Femennenly@TheURLGuy@Pigeon_of_War?

Can we get some response on this? At this point, we assume that radio silence is an admission that nothing is being done to fix this problem. Can the UI get some love?

The best way to fix this problem is to have the check box, resupply with doubloons, be defaulted to be unchecked when you enable flags to be resupplied. Then if you want your doubloons to be used, check the box when you enable flag resupply.

As for the boxes changing on their own, opening a ticket to support with screenshots will enable them to troubleshoot.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,311 posts
25,963 battles

This has been happening for several years now.  Its been happening in WoT ever since I started playing at NA release.  WG won't fix it because the bug results in doubloons being spent and thus more money for WG.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Flags should default to having the box unchecked when you click enable. The premium consumable used to default to doubloons and you would have to check credits before adding it to your ship. Now it is only credits. Complain about the box being checked all you want, but WG is not proactively changing the check box on the patch as I had multiple ships with flags and the box unchecked and they did not switch.

They removed the doubloon cost from consumables because nobody was spending doubloons instead of credits on them.  I find it unlikely that there are enough people spending paid-for doubloons on the signals that Wargaming can justify leaving the cost in there.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
17 minutes ago, Deno said:

They removed the doubloon cost from consumables because nobody was spending doubloons instead of credits on them.  I find it unlikely that there are enough people spending paid-for doubloons on the signals that Wargaming can justify leaving the cost in there.

IIRC, there was a request for a way in game to get signals without having to go to the premium shop in a browser. The doubloon option was entered first and then the coal option.