You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Reset captain skills sometime soon ?

21 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
855 posts
11,081 battles

I'm hoping that WG runs an event whereby you can reset captain skills. They conducted one of those events over a year ago I think.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
360 posts
5,285 battles

There's definitely going to be a full reset when the CV rework hits the live server, since numerous skills will be completely changed.  Before that though?  Nobody really knows.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles

There should be a reset for playing clan wars/clan battles which should come long before the CV rework goes live.

Members
183 posts
5,377 battles

just the BB Ap nerf should warrant a repec as several BBs i have need a new skill set to deal with DDs

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
855 posts
11,081 battles

I want one to reset my old Cleveland captain skill for IFHE (now a big requirement for Cleveland at t8).

[SSG]
Members
7 posts
5,454 battles

They - tech support- just said “NO”. I was asking for resetting skills twice this month. 

Good luck. 

👨‍✈️

[DRACS]
Members
3,637 posts
24 minutes ago, Cirdane said:

just the BB Ap nerf should warrant a repec as several BBs i have need a new skill set to deal with DDs

He%27s_right_you_know.jpg

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
38 posts
5,752 battles

If you play clan battles, you're in luck:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/clan-battles-north/

"From November 28 until December 4, all players who join at least one Clan Battle will be able to redistribute the skill points of their Commanders for free."

If you don't, then I expect the previous mention of the CV rework should bring a reset.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
360 posts
5,285 battles
42 minutes ago, Cirdane said:

If they were that important that you need them now to handle DDs, then you would have needed them before the AP change.  If not, then that just shows how broken AP was against DDs.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
58 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

I'm hoping that WG runs an event whereby you can reset captain skills. They conducted one of those events over a year ago I think.

56 minutes ago, Deno said:

There's definitely going to be a full reset when the CV rework hits the live server, since numerous skills will be completely changed.  Before that though?  Nobody really knows.

I agree. From the amount of skills that are changing in the CV rework, I predict a skill change for it.

50 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There should be a reset for playing clan wars/clan battles which should come long before the CV rework goes live.

Yep, from Nov 28th when Clan Battles starts, until Nov 2nd, you can play a Clan Battle and get the free respec. You do not have to win, but you have to play. So a clan with 14 members would have to play at least 2 Clan Battles, swapping out players, for everyone to get their one game for the free respec. Yes, the Clan Battles North season says until Nov 4th, but that is a Tuesday. Clan Battles are Wed, Thu, Sat & Sun, so Sun Nov 2nd is the last day you can play a Clan Battle to get the free respec.

42 minutes ago, Cirdane said:

Not a big enough change. A skill change has to be big for WG to hand out a free respec.

25 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

I want one to reset my old Cleveland captain skill for IFHE (now a big requirement for Cleveland at t8).

You got that chance. When the Cleveland moved to T8, those players that had a Cleveland that moved were given 190,000 Elite Cmdr XP to respec their Cmdr. You should have taken advantage of it.

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
855 posts
11,081 battles
32 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I agree. From the amount of skills that are changing in the CV rework, I predict a skill change for it.

Yep, from Nov 28th when Clan Battles starts, until Nov 2nd, you can play a Clan Battle and get the free respec. You do not have to win, but you have to play. So a clan with 14 members would have to play at least 2 Clan Battles, swapping out players, for everyone to get their one game for the free respec. Yes, the Clan Battles North season says until Nov 4th, but that is a Tuesday. Clan Battles are Wed, Thu, Sat & Sun, so Sun Nov 2nd is the last day you can play a Clan Battle to get the free respec.

Not a big enough change. A skill change has to be big for WG to hand out a free respec.

You got that chance. When the Cleveland moved to T8, those players that had a Cleveland that moved were given 190,000 Elite Cmdr XP to respec their Cmdr. You should have taken advantage of it.

Yes, I should have added IFHE at that time, but thought BFT and AFT along with CE were more important. How wrong I was. Sold the ship after that. My new Helena has IFHE and I'm quite happy with it in general. Hard lesson, as old Cleveland had almost 1M XP in it.

Edited by Ericson38

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
2 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Yes, I should have added IFHE at that time, but thought BFT and AFT was more important. How wrong I was. Sold the ship after that. My new Helena has IFHE and I'm quite happy with it in general. Hard lesson, as old Cleveland had almost 1M XP in it.

If you still have the Cleveland Cmdr, you can get 6 others in your clan and play a Clan Battle between Nov 28th and Dec 2nd. You will get a free Cmdr respec for playing that one Clan Battle. You will also get 5 of each of the following signals: Ouroboros, Wyvern, Dragon, Red Dragon, and Hydra.

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
855 posts
11,081 battles

Ah, but no T10 ships in port, although have Iowa, St. Louis, and Fletcher.

[-WPG-]
Members
975 posts
3,913 battles
49 minutes ago, Rorik64 said:

If you play clan battles, you're in luck:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/clan-battles-north/

"From November 28 until December 4, all players who join at least one Clan Battle will be able to redistribute the skill points of their Commanders for free."

If you don't, then I expect the previous mention of the CV rework should bring a reset.

Also, there are 2 respecs each CB season, an "early" one (for season 4 from 11/28 - 12/4), and then another at the conclusion of the CB season.  Both require playing at least one CB.  

[-WPG-]
Members
975 posts
3,913 battles

If you have at least one T8, you can play in rental ships.  You should already have them if you played at least one T8+ game since Saturday - it's in your current missions.  Rental ships count for captain resets. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles
9 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

If you have at least one T8, you can play in rental ships.  You should already have them if you played at least one T8+ game since Saturday - it's in your current missions.  Rental ships count for captain resets. 

My turkey earned the rentals but I haven't played a tier 8 yet since getting back into the regular game.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
14 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

10 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

This ^^^

Play a battle in your Fletcher, co-op will work, and you will get the 3 clan rentals. Yamamoto, Gearing, Hindenburg. They will swap out during the season. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/clan-battles-north/#cvc-ships

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
855 posts
11,081 battles

I have the clan rentals now and an old Kongo ARP captain in the Yamato, but app says clan battles season have ended. Combat Mission 1st Time is the name.

Edited by Ericson38

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles

I have the clan rentals now and an old ARP captain in the Yamato, but app says clan battles season has ended. Combat Mission 1st Time.

Starts Wed, Nov 28th. To get the free respec, you must play one Clan Battle before the end of the Clan Battles session on Sunday, Dec 2nd.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/clan-battles-north/#schedule

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
855 posts
11,081 battles

Right, just saw that too. OK, thanks. Will be great. Plan to respect my Bismarck to BFT and AFT also, drop CE. Will also repurchase the Cleveland.

[-WPG-]
Members
975 posts
3,913 battles
15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Starts Wed, Nov 28th. To get the free respec, you must play one Clan Battle before the end of the Clan Battles session on Sunday, Dec 2nd.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/clan-battles-north/#schedule

Just to clarify again, there are 2 resets each season. The first is if you play a battle 11/28 - 12/4 (the season doesn't end on 12/4. It will stretch into at least mid to late January). Then there is a second reset at the end of each CB season. So you're free to use the first respec to switch out of an AA build, for example, knowing you'll be able to go back to it after the season for free.