General_Cesar

Switching from 32 to 64-bits configuration

7 comments in this topic

[-BUI-]
Members
5 posts
5,982 battles

I initially downloaded the 32-bits configuration, but in light of the recent news of eventually discontinuing support for the 32-bits version and a recent upgrade in RAM for my PC, I decided to switch to 64. Is there any way to witch without having to uninstall and reinstall the game?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,618 posts
13,201 battles

I don't think there is.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,291 posts
9,598 battles

I wouldn't worry about this yet as the forced change will probably be via a patch, a damned big patch but a patch none the less.

[DEP]
Members
194 posts
14,223 battles

not sure where anyone is thinking WG is running 64 bit...it still has 32 bit exe files... you never got a choice to download 64 bit because there is no existing version....  If and when they make the change,it will be a large [edited]download, but its long overdue.

Edited by _Kiss_The_Donkey

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,291 posts
9,598 battles
8 hours ago, _Kiss_The_Donkey said:

not sure where anyone is thinking WG is running 64 bit...it still has 32 bit exe files... you never got a choice to download 64 bit because there is no existing version....  If and when they make the change,it will be a large [edited]download, but its long overdue.

I think they have held off because it wasn't that long ago that XP was the major operating system in Russian PCs because of the potato PC's that are so common there.