You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anime_Penetrating_Shells

Clans

9 comments in this topic

Members
263 posts
2,927 battles

Does anyone else join lower than average clans to see if you can better them and just get frustrated and leave? How can we teach them to be better? 

Got to be a way to get the game to have better games overall, rather than landslides either way. I can only produce so many winning conditions in every game before i get frustrated they dont take advantage of them. 

Edited by French_DD_Hype
  • Bad 1

[CUTIE]
Members
1,434 posts
6,146 battles

Clans generally fall into one of three categories: casual clans, which accept anybody and don't really care what you do/how skilled you are; semi-competitive, which have some base requirements and field Clan Battle teams each season (but don't necessarily do all that well); and competitive, which have relatively lofty membership standards and strive to finish near the top in each CB/King of the Sea season. 

In terms of casual clans there really isn't a clan-wide desire to improve, so there's no point even trying.  People join these clans strictly for the perks gained from the base structures, and maybe to get some division partners and/or get the bottom level of CB rewards (or of course for purely social reasons, i.e., subscribers to a particular CC or friends from other online/IR pursuits).  If that's not you, don't bother joining--it'd be like trying to train up stereotypical NASCAR fans on fine wine.

With a competitive clan, if you can actually improve the overall quality of the players then you're probably already in one or have absolutely zero interest in competitive play.

What you're talking about could be possible in a semi-competitive clan, but again...the players who are truly interested in taking their game to the next level are generally either in competitive clans or in one of their developmental sub-clans.  The typical semi-competitive clan member wants to do well in league play, but maybe doesn't have the time or motivation to put in the hours necessary to become a top-flight player.  They join the clans they do because of those facts, and aside from a few individual outliers you probably aren't going to make a huge difference in anybody's level of play even if you're skilled enough to do so.

If you don't have the interest in joining one of the top competitive clans (or one of their sub-clans), just try to find one with people you enjoy playing with.  If your primary focus on getting to hurricane league each season, then the odds of achieving that in a clan which isn't already well-established are extremely remote.

• Cool 3

Members
263 posts
2,927 battles

I get that, but at what point does playing randoms any fun anymore? I mean trying to carry teams constantly gets frustrating and boring. Why cant we improve the player base? 

Im one of those dudes that doesn't really have time for CW (except to get the 1 dd for steel, the black) but has time for randoms. I just want quality, close games every match. As it goes now im either farming to get above 120k dmg, or trying to keep my team alive and enable a win condition with whats remaining for my team. 

Edited by French_DD_Hype

[CUTIE]
Members
1,434 posts
6,146 battles
2 hours ago, French_DD_Hype said:

I get that, but at what point does playing randoms any fun anymore? I mean trying to carry teams constantly gets frustrating and boring. Why cant we improve the player base? 

Im one of those dudes that doesn't really have time for CW (except to get the 1 dd for steel, the black) but has time for randoms. I just want quality, close games every match. As it goes now im either farming to get above 120k dmg, or trying to keep my team alive and enable a win condition with whats remaining for my team. 

I 100% feel you on that.  Trying to improve the player base via clans, though...probably not the most efficient way to do it.  Being active on the forums helps a great deal, or of course if you have the time & the inclination you can even get a YouTube channel going (or stream on Twitch).  None of that is going to make a lick of difference for the majority of the player base, who don't read the forum or watch videos or take any real steps to improve, but you're not going to be able to get to those players regardless--they just don't have the desire.

It really does just come back to finding a group of players who share similar goals to your own and who are fun to play with.  In addition to trying out different clans, you could check out some of the Warships Twitch streamers; many of them have pretty good communities built around their stream with players of all skill levels/dedication.  You could also try posting something similar on the Clans sub-forum if you haven't already, and/or try some division play with members of a clan you're considering before actually joining it.

Solo'ing randoms really does suck sometimes pretty much all the time, but if you're like me you can at least draw a hint of satisfaction from topping the leaderboard in the losses and grinding away toward whatever goal you're working on at the moment.  Best of luck to you wherever you end up! :Smile_honoring:

Members
3,662 posts
6,376 battles

I have had far fewer landslides and I have a feeling they happen less often but people only really remember the landslides.

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
301 posts
11,544 battles

Eh, respectfully, if you join a clan and immediately start talking down to them/dictating...you probly won't be there long.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,852 posts
7,901 battles

People have to want to be better in order to improve. You cant force it on them.

[ONAVY]
Members
870 posts
6,643 battles
5 hours ago, French_DD_Hype said:

Got to be a way to get the game to have better games overall, rather than landslides either way.

There is...it is called a "Clan".