You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
axyarthur

New / Old T9 Premiums - For WG employees

40 comments in this topic

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
230 posts
8,872 battles

Hello, this is a direct request for WG staff / community managers regarding release of new T9 Premium ships and removal of existing ones.

Can we get a confirmation on whether or not the USS Alaska will be release before or after the removal of Musashi / Kronstadt?

If we cannot get information above, can we AT LEAST get information on how the Alaska will be sold before the removal of Musashi / Kronstadt?

I currently have enough free XP /coal to get Musashi and Kronstadt. But I want to save them to get Alaska, then I like to use the other currency to get one of Musashi/ Kronstadt. I cannot buy either Musashi or Kronstadt right now because I don't know how / when Alaska will be sold. Since it is confirmed that both of old T9 premiums will be removed soon, I like the above information so I can make judgement on what ships I can purchase with the currencies I have. 

Please, WG, give us more information regarding the Alaska before you remove the Musashi / Kronstadt so we can actually make purchasing decisions in a timely manner.

Thank you

• Cool 21

[HINON]
Supertester
19,636 posts
13,211 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

I approve this message.

Same.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,699 posts
10,076 battles

No matter how you look at it you have more time to get Alaska than you do Musashi / Kronstadt

If you have enough resources to get them do it. Then just keep playing you will be half way there by the time Alaska get released. Is it super important for you to get it on day 1?

When we did the Missouri/Musashi grind thread it was only taking a couple of months for active players to earn the resources. 

[FF]
Members
160 posts
6,389 battles

I feel bad to the employees who worked hard to create Musashi and Kronstadt. Their creations will never be seen again.

• Funny 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,859 posts
3,961 battles
4 minutes ago, zippychippy said:

I feel bad to the employees who worked hard to create Musashi and Kronstadt. Their creations will never be seen again.

If we go by their reasoning, the high numbers of these ships were the reason for pulling them off, not the economic bonuses that Missouri brought. So it stands to reason that at some point they should return.

Of course, if you go by this logic, then Alaska should be pulled as well a couple of months after being introduced due to the hype surrounding her.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
1,141 posts
7,098 battles
3 minutes ago, zippychippy said:

Never say never. Things that WG removes have a way of returning. 

[O_O]
Members
4,629 posts
10,034 battles

I have Missouri, Musashi and Nelson.  I have 1.25M Free XP.  I want to buy Kronshtadt before she goes away...at least, I think I do.  I just can't make up my mind if she is worth 750k.  And, Alaska's pending arrival also has me hesitant.  What to do...?

[O_O]
Members
4,629 posts
10,034 battles
4 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Never say never. Things that WG removes have a way of returning. 

Kamikaze, Belfast, Imperator Nikolai, Kutuzov, and Gremyaschy have not returned since their initial removal.  Just sayin'.  There is still a micro-chance of obtaining one via super container and/or Santa crate, I suppose, but that isn't quite the same as "returning".

Edited by desmo_2

Members
1,141 posts
7,098 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

Kamikaze, Belfast, Imperator Nikolai, Kutuzov, and Gremyaschy have not returned since their initial removal.  Just sayin'.  There is still a micro-chance of obtaining one via super container and/or Santa crate, I suppose, but that isn't quite the same as "returning".

How many of those were removed in the last year? Gotta give it more time. 

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
707 posts
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

I have Missouri, Musashi and Nelson.  I have 1.25M Free XP.  I want to buy Kronshtadt before she goes away...at least, I think I do.  I just can't make up my mind if she is worth 750k.  And, Alaska's pending arrival also has me hesitant.  What to do...?

Even better - is Alaska even worth what people are predicting (900K - 1 MIL FXP)?  I sure could use the FXP that I have saved up for her down at least 3 lines. 

Lets see, 3x tier X ships or the Alaska? 

As much as I want the Alaska, I just can't see shelling out the same (or more) than I did for the Missouri for her or the Khron!

…………………………………...

The Khron/Musashi/Missouri are never really gone - just look at the latest patch notes.  They are now available in super crates.  Yes, it is going to be near impossible to get one with the drop rate but they are there supposedly.  I just wonder what will be available in the santa crates this year.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
769 posts
8,341 battles
17 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I approve this message.

Oh, I don't know... the lack of knowing does generate constant forum traffic.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
13 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Belfast was pulled once then brought back then pulled again all the others could be had in Christmas crates just sayin'.

Members
118 posts
6,399 battles
10 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Yes, BUT...

Those ships were all removed for being too powerful. Missouri was removed for being too profitable. Musashi and Kron are being removed for being too "Popular". That's not necessarily a bad thing in terms of their return - Give it some time, and WG might just rerelease them for coal/FXP. Unlike the others, the won't disrupt the game's balance or economy with their return.

(Although seriously WG??? Yes, Musashi is popular, I see at least one in 95% of my games which have T9 ships present. But Kron? Those things are rather rare..... I almost feel like I see more Freddies, Izumos, or Seattles than Krons. At least make an excuse that's not entirely obvious)

[PVE]
Members
6,448 posts
11,447 battles
23 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

It's not.

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles
39 minutes ago, axyarthur said:

Hello, this is a direct request for WG staff / community managers regarding release of new T9 Premium ships and removal of existing ones.

Can we get a confirmation on whether or not the USS Alaska will be release before or after the removal of Musashi / Kronstadt?

If we cannot get information above, can we AT LEAST get information on how the Alaska will be sold before the removal of Musashi / Kronstadt?

I currently have enough free XP /coal to get Musashi and Kronstadt. But I want to save them to get Alaska, then I like to use the other currency to get one of Musashi/ Kronstadt. I cannot buy either Musashi or Kronstadt right now because I don't know how / when Alaska will be sold. Since it is confirmed that both of old T9 premiums will be removed soon, I like the above information so I can make judgement on what ships I can purchase with the currencies I have. 

Please, WG, give us more information regarding the Alaska before you remove the Musashi / Kronstadt so we can actually make purchasing decisions in a timely manner.

Thank you

I'm a co-op main and with stacking flag and camo in regular co-op and OPs, I have picked up 200k FXP since buying Kronshtadt on Nov 10th. Depending on how long it takes you to get FXP, you can get Kronshtadt for FXP, Musashi for coal and work to get more FXP for Alaska. Sure, you won't be able to get Alaska the first day, but you can get it before it is removed. I did the same and I am working on saving up coal for Salem and then I will get Jean Bart later.

30 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Kronshtadt is 750k FXP and you have 1.25M FXP. If you get Kronshtadt now, then you will have either 500k FXP of the 750k FXP needed for Alaska or 500k FXP of the 1M FXP for Alaska, if WG boosts FXP ship pricing. How long does it take you to get 250-500k FXP?

I would start here on if Kronshtadt is worth it and season it with suggestions here and from other CCs on Youtube.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,466 posts
6,804 battles
35 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Belfast was pulled once then brought back then pulled again all the others could be had in Christmas crates just sayin'.

Was Payfast pulled? Or was she rotated out like every Premium ship does in this game? I only recall her being pulled from the shelves permanently once.

[CUTIE]
WoWS Community Contributors, Beta Testers
92 posts
5,505 battles

As some have mentioned, I can help clarify some things as a Community Contributor. 

So far, Alaska is not finalized and ready yet. She is currently still being tested in her new iteration as it is. So far, I am pretty mixed about this iteration of Alaska we are testing. There are certainly improvements that can be made to her, but most of us have to provide feedback for them to be able to understand the concerns and address that to the team. 

As for Missouri, then eventually Musashi, and Krons, they are going to all be in Supercontainers when 0.7.12 drops. Whether we will see them in Christmas crates? I do not know. Is Alaska going to be FXP, Coal, Steel? We do not know yet either. Data mined information recurved is not final either. It’s more of a placement holder for now until things are finalized.

When the ship is closer to being finalized, we will see more information be released for Alaska in the near future. If I were to predict, and if Wargaming decides to finalize the ship as it is, it might be right when Musashi and Krons get rotated out. However, please do not take this as ‘confirmed information.’ This is all purely my speculation IF Alaska passes on to the final stage before release.

I am more than happy to help answer some questions too, but it is all within what I know and can say for now. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,448 posts
11,447 battles
17 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Was Payfast pulled? Or was she rotated out like every Premium ship does in this game? I only recall her being pulled from the shelves permanently once.

Yeah, it was yanked at the same time they yanked Kutuzov. It is no longer being sold period BUT it can be had in SC's and Santa crates.

[TDD]
Members
926 posts
8,066 battles
1 hour ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Yes, BUT...

Those ships were all removed for being too powerful. Missouri was removed for being too profitable. Musashi and Kron are being removed for being too "Popular" cheap. That's not necessarily a bad thing in terms of their return - Give it some time, and WG might just rerelease them for coal/FXP. Unlike the others, the won't disrupt the game's balance or economy with their return.

fixed that for you

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles
3 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

fixed that for you

750k FXP is as much if not more than the amount of regular XP needed to get to a T9 ship in the tree.  As far as the coal cost, that's on Wargaming.  They continue to complain about players having too many resources stockpiled yet simultaneously release more and more methods of obtaining large quantities of said resources.

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,032 posts
6,441 battles

Guys, just get Musashi and Kronshtadt regardless of if you'll like them. Things change, sometimes premiums get buffed indirectly (Harekaze LOL).

Musashi is pretty good and Kronstadt is decent, and they both earn pretty good silver (no where near missouri THO, GLAD I GOT HER WHEN I WAS IN YOUR SITUATION)

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
70 posts
3,389 battles

How about some other class choices instead of just free xp BBs. It'd be nice to save up for a CA or DD. Not everybody enjoys playing BBs.

Edited by ZER01025